It's a pity that the DTEK software doesn't indicate where the problems stem from, flagging specific apps etc. A factory reset and then restoration of apps & accounts is not a 5 minute job
    The level of oversight that would be required to do that would bring the system to its knees.
    02-02-18 11:28 AM
    The level of oversight that would be required to do that would bring the system to its knees.
    Perhaps, but without further insight (and in the absence of any other pointers) there's a danger that you could go through the reset, rebuild process only to end up in the same situation. I haven't installed anything recently, my app installation numbers are relatively minimalist, and (as far as I can see) everything comes up clean in Playstore checks
    02-02-18 12:43 PM
    Perhaps, but without further insight (and in the absence of any other pointers) there's a danger that you could go through the reset, rebuild process only to end up in the same situation. I haven't installed anything recently, my app installation numbers are relatively minimalist, and (as far as I can see) everything comes up clean in Playstore checks
    Was there any updates to your apps?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-18 12:46 PM
    Yes there were updates, and that continues almost everyday with Android auto updates via the Playstore.
    02-02-18 01:08 PM
    Yes there were updates, and that continues almost everyday with Android auto updates via the Playstore.
    The easiest way to possibly find the source of problem is to check if you have any app installed on your device from 'Unknown sources'. Such apps don't get scanned by Play Protect in Play Store. I don't have an example since I avoid any Non Google Play Store app. Such apps can get installed without any warnings initially, but the moment they are updated in background or start attempting to access your microphone, location, contacts etc, DTEK raises the red flag. The source and solution lies in such unknown sources apps. If you are getting an OS warning without any such app being there on your device, then next step is to check all downloads and media content on your device and SD card. I got the warning on my DTEK60 last year and it went off only after I removed, backed up, formatted and re- inserted the sd card. Later on I scanned the sd card backup on my laptop with NOD32 and it immediately pointed an infected mp3 file as a threat. Deleted it and restored rest of the stuff back to the sd card. No issues henceforth.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    02-02-18 01:43 PM
    Good advice, thanks for your suggestions. However, to be frank, I have only a handful of apps installed, they all seem to check out in the Playstore, all verified, highly rated, with many users.
    I don't have an SD card installed, as currently I only use my KEYone at home on a secure WiFi connection - it has never even had a SIM card in!
    I will work through my apps and try and see whether anything is looking suspicious, failing that I will delete the most recent installs. If that doesn't work I'll bite the bullet and reset my KEYone.
    I can live with a reset, as the KEYone isn't (yet) my main device - but it's hassle I could do without, and the experience isn't filling me with confidence.
    02-02-18 02:24 PM
    If "highly rated" include Facesucker's nonsense I caught theirs explicitly trying to play games with my Priv back when that was my daily, and DTEK caught it.

I killed both my Facesucker account and all their apps. Never happened again.

YMMV.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    02-02-18 08:19 PM
    If "highly rated" include Facesucker's nonsense I caught theirs explicitly trying to play games with my Priv back when that was my daily, and DTEK caught it.

I killed both my Facesucker account and all their apps. Never happened again.

YMMV.
    Good call, and I can well believe that. Not the root of my DTEK problems however, as I've never had FB or any other Z'berg app on my KEYone.
    02-03-18 03:21 AM
    Gave up, did as I was told .... Factory reset done, applications reinstalled etc. -- a time consuming exercise but DTEK status all back to normal. It's just a shame I don't (and probably never will) know the root of the system integrity compromised problem.
    02-05-18 02:39 AM
    I also have this issue and it is a hassle to reset/re-install , afraid some setting or message may not recovered. I thought Blackberry latest selling point is security, how can it allows any apps to change the OS integrity.
    09-04-18 03:52 AM
    I also have this issue and it is a hassle to reset/re-install , afraid some setting or message may not recovered. I thought Blackberry latest selling point is security, how can it allows any apps to change the OS integrity.
    I hab the problem on Priv month ago. I cleared the cache and reebooted it. Problem solved.
    09-04-18 04:49 AM
    What ended up curing this for me...because I did nothing to rectify it myself as the performance of the phone did not change...was an update to the app itself.
    09-04-18 05:01 AM
    I always manually approve every app update via the Play Store.

I don't have any particular reason why. But I suppose in a case like this it might have given some indication of which batch of updates included the one which might have raised the warning flag.
    09-04-18 09:42 AM
    I hab the problem on Priv month ago. I cleared the cache and reebooted it. Problem solved.
    Thanks, this worked for me. I had completed a factory reset before that did not work.
    09-23-18 12:53 PM
39 12