DTEK just freaked out on me and is now saying the operating system integrity has been compromised. It's recommending a backup and a factory reset.

Have no idea why this came up as I did not install anything new on the phone.

How does one do a factory reset?
    01-07-18 08:55 AM
    DTEK just freaked out on me and is now saying the operating system integrity has been compromised. It's recommending a backup and a factory reset.

Have no idea why this came up as I did not install anything new on the phone.

How does one do a factory reset?
    First attempt Factory Data Reset which you will find under Backup & Reset in Settings. That should fix the issue hopefully. If it doesn't, you can do the Wipe Device / Factory Reset through bootloader Menu which can be accessed by holding the power and volume up button together while turning on the device after having switched it off normally. Once in the bootloader Menu, you will see the factory Reset option.
    01-07-18 09:11 AM
    Odd, is DTEK showing any additional information about the compromise?
    01-07-18 10:59 AM
    Screenshot?
    01-07-18 12:51 PM
    Odd, is DTEK showing any additional information about the compromise?
    No, nothing.
    01-07-18 03:25 PM
    Hmmm pretty suspicious. I'd search around and see if you can find this error associated with a BBerry somewhere else.

However...

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...mised-1091010/
    01-07-18 06:25 PM
    Hmmm pretty suspicious. I'd search around and see if you can find this error associated with a BBerry somewhere else.

However...

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...mised-1091010/
    Thanks for the link. That's the error all right. I don't have any form of a Facebook app installed though. I did have a file manager app installed. Not sure if it was Asus File Manager. Either way, I uninstalled it.
    01-07-18 10:54 PM
    What really gets me about this is...it just happened. One moment everything was OK, the next the integrity of the operating system was compromised. No new app installed, wasn't surfing...nothing. I'm actually considering doing nothing about this. Other than DTEK telling me there's an issue, the phone is working fine. I seriously don't feel like setting up the phone all over again.
    01-07-18 11:14 PM
    What really gets me about this is...it just happened. One moment everything was OK, the next the integrity of the operating system was compromised. No new app installed, wasn't surfing...nothing. I'm actually considering doing nothing about this. Other than DTEK telling me there's an issue, the phone is working fine. I seriously don't feel like setting up the phone all over again.
    The Integrity Detection library gets updated periodically in the background. The new table could have revealed something that was already present.
    01-07-18 11:19 PM
    The Integrity Detection library gets updated periodically in the background. The new table could have revealed something that was already present.
    This makes sense to me because that's exactly how it reacted. Nothing new was added or done...it just popped up.
    01-07-18 11:26 PM
    This makes sense to me because that's exactly how it reacted. Nothing new was added or done...it just popped up.
    Does Google Play Protect App Scan show any issues? Also switch off Developer Options and then check on Dtek.
    01-08-18 01:02 PM
    Does Google Play Protect App Scan show any issues? Also switch off Developer Options and then check on Dtek.
    I tried shutting off Developer Options. It doesn't make a difference. DTEK still shows compromised. Play Protect runs clean. I'm going to ignore it for a bit and see if an update improves it. If not, I have a decision to make.
    01-08-18 05:52 PM
    Have you received any mms, email attachments, transfer anything from your computer to your phone? Did download any files from the browser?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-18 06:42 PM
    This just happened to me out of nowhere last week as well. I restarted my phone and the warning went away.
    01-08-18 11:10 PM
    Just so you guys don't feel any special: everyone starting with the Priv, to the DTEK50/60 series, K1, are all seeing this.

Nobody really knows what these OS Compromised messages mean. On my DTEK60, this message came up a few weeks into owning it and kept that way for a year. Do what everybody else does when DTEK freaks out: just ignore it. Doing phone resets is just wasting your time. It might come back after an update or some other reasons no-one understands.
    01-09-18 03:23 AM
    The periodic update was part of the technology announcement for the Priv. Conite, what information do you have that suggests that 3 years later they are still updating this? Do you have insider company info? Do you have first hand knowledge of what's inside the monthly patches? Can you point us to a changelog?

I looked through the Oct, Nov, and Dec 2017 security bulletin and nothing about BID signatures getting updated. Should I have looked somewhere else?
    01-09-18 03:30 AM
    The periodic update was part of the technology announcement for the Priv. Conite, what information do you have that suggests that 3 years later they are still updating this? Do you have insider company info? Do you have first hand knowledge of what's inside the monthly patches? Can you point us to a changelog?

I looked through the Oct, Nov, and Dec 2017 security bulletin and nothing about BID signatures getting updated. Should I have looked somewhere else?
    On occasion, the actual DTEK app gets an update, although, I can't recall the last time it showed up as available for an update in the Playstore.

Mine is currently on version 1.1.7.462.

Not going to do anything about this DTEK situation. If the phone was flaking out, I would reset it, but it's functioning no differently than it was before DTEK said the OS had been compromised.
    01-09-18 04:50 AM
    It's not part of the OS.

From the BlackBerry developer blog:

"Technically speaking, BlackBerry Integrity Detection (BID for short) is a trusted/secure background process running at the system level, that monitors the device for known security vulnerabilities. The BID service has its definitions updated regularly (silently) to ensure that you’re protected against existing and future exploits."
    01-09-18 05:52 AM
    It's not part of the OS.

From the BlackBerry developer blog:

"Technically speaking, BlackBerry Integrity Detection (BID for short) is a trusted/secure background process running at the system level, that monitors the device for known security vulnerabilities. The BID service has its definitions updated regularly (silently) to ensure that you’re protected against existing and future exploits."
    This is my point. All you got is marketing/pseudo-technical materials from 3 years ago. We do not know if this is still updated. If so, how is it? Is there a secret update mechanism built into our phones besides system updates and the Play services?

Is so, that could be alarming. That's saying that they got some backdoor into our phones where they can modify system files, but oh, BTW, just trust us.

Conite, have you actually thought these things through before you regurgitate corporate talking points?
    01-09-18 05:46 PM

Conite, have you actually thought these things through before you regurgitate corporate talking points?
    In the absence of a complete technical manual, I will take BlackBerry at their word unless I see evidence to the contrary.
    01-09-18 05:57 PM
    In the absence of a complete technical manual, I will take BlackBerry at their word unless I see evidence to the contrary.
    Seems like you are a bit short on skepticism.
    01-09-18 10:35 PM
    The only other thing I can add is...because of the fact that I have developer options turned on and also downloaded the Amazon Appstore to get an app I would rather not do without...this may be what's causing DTEK to tell me my OS has been compromised. Those things may not have crossed the line before, but are enough now.

Not positive about this obviously, but I suppose it's possible.
    01-10-18 05:33 AM
    Thanks for this. I panicked when I saw the msg but haven't done anything about it yet. I won't worry for now but I might look into backing up my phone using Link (if it will work with the K1).
    02-01-18 07:38 PM
    The only other thing I can add is...because of the fact that I have developer options turned on and also downloaded the Amazon Appstore to get an app I would rather not do without...this may be what's causing DTEK to tell me my OS has been compromised. Those things may not have crossed the line before, but are enough now.

Not positive about this obviously, but I suppose it's possible.
    Having a lesser known App installed from an 'Unknown' source triggers the warning of OS being compromised. Which essentially means that your personal information like passwords etc is at risk of being stolen and/or a software can manipulate your device OS making it behave erratic or unstable. It is just a Heads up that something like that can happen and not that it has actually happened. So it totally depends on an individual whether to ignore it or fix it. The fact that not all BB Android devices get the warning, tells us that DTEK does monitor such changes effectively. I would not dismiss it as a mere marketing gimmick or just a corporate talking point! It is like an AntiVirus software on a Windows machine - which would warn you of a possible impact and also might fix a few (not all) such impacts. DTEK does the first bit of raising the red flag. The fix if and when required can range from uninstalling the culprit app to Factory resetting the device.
    Attached Thumbnails Compromised operating system integrity-42924.jpg  
    Last edited by ashish_BB; 02-02-18 at 12:18 AM.
    02-01-18 11:55 PM
    I've also just experienced this OS Integrity comprised report from DTEK on my KEYone, despite no new apps having been installed for several weeks. Reboot did nothing to rectify/hide the status report.
    It's a pity that the DTEK software doesn't indicate where the problems stem from, flagging specific apps etc. A factory reset and then restoration of apps & accounts is not a 5 minute job
    02-02-18 11:21 AM
39 12