My friend has had a Z10 that is on its last legs. She has the PRIV for work but really only likes the VKB. She is considering other phones but BlackBerry mainly (I think) because our friends at Verizon don't want to promote BlackBerry phones. Anyway, for those of you with the Motion, if you replaced another Android or other phone, why do you like the Motion better?

I have pointed out that I think she will miss the Hub, and the intuitive swiping for typing of the BlackBerry offering, plus have shared things I have seen about the features.

I have a PRIV and will be ditching this as soon as a new pkb device is released. I would have switched to the KeyOne but since Verizon never sold it and there is the "carrot" of a newer pkb phone coming, I am waiting for it.

Thanks for your thoughts!
    02-25-18 12:01 PM
    I have pointed out that I think she will miss the Hub, and the intuitive swiping for typing of the BlackBerry offering, plus have shared things I have seen about the features.
    Hub and Keyboard can be done on other phones, though.
    02-25-18 12:03 PM
    Crazy battery life, durably and BlackBerry security suite should be on that list.

Battery life on my Motion is insane
    02-25-18 12:20 PM
    If you pirate the bb software, you won't get all functions, as blackberry password keeper will not let you sync through bb's cloud server.

If you decide to subscribe to blackberry software properly, blackberry keyboard is not included.

So, with other Android phones, you will be taking a compromise when it comes to blackberry software.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-25-18 11:03 PM
    I love my BlackBerry Motion. Good performance, battery life is unparalleled, great built and form factor. Best all touch BlackBerry phone since the Z30
    Tighernain likes this.
    02-26-18 07:18 AM
    If I were in search of a slab phone, I don't think the Motion would be my choice. The only thing that would attract me to the Motion is the battery life.

For everything else, I would choose a Google Pixel 2 personally.
    02-26-18 08:22 AM
    If I were in search of a slab phone, I don't think the Motion would be my choice. The only thing that would attract me to the Motion is the battery life.

For everything else, I would choose a Google Pixel 2 personally.
    Much too expensive. You can get a Motion for half the price, and use it for years to come
    02-26-18 08:32 AM
    Doesn't the Pixel 2 have a bunch of "issues"?
    02-26-18 08:49 AM
    My friend has had a Z10 that is on its last legs. She has the PRIV for work but really only likes the VKB. She is considering other phones but BlackBerry mainly (I think) because our friends at Verizon don't want to promote BlackBerry phones. Anyway, for those of you with the Motion, if you replaced another Android or other phone, why do you like the Motion better?

I have a PRIV and will be ditching this as soon as a new pkb device is released. I would have switched to the KeyOne but since Verizon never sold it and there is the "carrot" of a newer pkb phone coming, I am waiting for it.

Thanks for your thoughts!
    Well, the Motion doesn't work with Verizon, so the question is moot.

KEYᵒⁿᵉ or something other than BlackBerry.
    02-26-18 09:10 AM
    Precisely, s8 plus with all the BlackBerry goodies.
    02-26-18 01:14 PM
    Doesn't the Pixel 2 have a bunch of "issues"?
    The Pixel 2 XL seems to be the one with the issues...https://www.androidauthority.com/pix...so-far-813985/

But in the end "Even so, between the return period, the extended warranty, and software updates that can remedy some issues, I feel confident in recommending you keep your Pixel 2 XL."

And as the OP is a Verizon customer.... the Pixel 2 and the Pixel 2 XL are both $549 with no trade in.... Or the S8 at $556 isn't a bad price either....

Carrier pricing does matter in the US....
    02-27-18 08:37 AM
    Not sure how you "remedy" the screen burn-in reported on the Pixel 2. Something slightly humorous about recommending a phone that's broken out of the box.
    02-27-18 08:59 AM
    Not sure how you "remedy" the screen burn-in reported on the Pixel 2. Something slightly humorous about recommending a phone that's broken out of the box.
    Thing is the software patch has fixed it for the most part.... and it wasn't wide spread to begin with. Most users had no issues, thus the four Star rating that both have gotten from users. And with Google basically giving Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL owner their 2 year Preferred Care service, with two free claims (don't have to pay the normal deductible).... My book the Pixel 2 XL for $550 is a very good option.

That all said, I'm sure it hurts Google's attempts at being seen as the premium Android "designer". But no more than the KEYone's screen popping off hurt BBMo chances...
    02-27-18 09:36 AM
    Yup, Pixel 2 is a decent price. And if they've been quick to sort issues, then you're right.
    02-27-18 10:23 AM
    Yup, Pixel 2 is a decent price. And if they've been quick to sort issues, then you're right.
    Patch was 1st of December, so they acted pretty quickly.... but if you stumble out of the gate, it's hard to get the momentum going.

I really wonder if Verizon hadn't been their partner and had not pushed the Pixels (marketed and had the $350 off at launch) how many they would have sold with these issues. Still has the best camera out there...
    02-27-18 11:56 AM
    I have pixel 2 XL and I may upgrade to blackberry motion very soon! Hub experience is much better on pixel 2 XL but it pixel 2 xl doesn't have hardened OS like blackberry Android.
    02-27-18 06:22 PM
    I have a pixel 2 and it's been sitting on the shelf since I got the Motion about 3 weeks ago. the battery life is phenomenal. the screen size is great, especially with Full-HD. 4GB of memory really helps it multitask, which is what this phone is built for - not top-end speed. the virtual keyboard is the best IMO, and of course all of the software suite and enhancement stuff, such as the Hub. the price is good too. but, if she's a big social media fan, she may not be overly enthusiastic about the camera. 😥 all other things considered, it's a strong option, especially for people moving over from BB10
    02-27-18 08:41 PM
    I have always bought BlackBerry for the pkb, so when I wanted to replace my priv I bought a K1. But I also got the Motion and honestly, the vkb is so good I type faster on that than the K1!!!
    03-09-18 07:40 AM