Hi All

I wanted to clear my app cache and when I tried to access my Settings>>Device Storage>>SD Storage , once I select the SD storage, the screen come up with the Apps and all and the % bar, then the screen will go blank and reverts back up to the one menu level up..

I have attached a video clip of the issue.. I havent tried using this menu in a long while, so I do not know when this started..

I restarted the phone, I shut down and restarted.. no change...

https://1drv.ms/v/s!An2vCduInvzShTrhOdGMP9memNvb

Thoughts or suggestions as to how I can fix this..

Thanks!
    12-29-18 07:45 PM
    Hi All

I wanted to clear my app cache and when I tried to access my Settings>>Device Storage>>SD Storage , once I select the SD storage, the screen come up with the Apps and all and the % bar, then the screen will go blank and reverts back up to the one menu level up..

I have attached a video clip of the issue.. I havent tried using this menu in a long while, so I do not know when this started..

I restarted the phone, I shut down and restarted.. no change...

https://1drv.ms/v/s!An2vCduInvzShTrhOdGMP9memNvb

Thoughts or suggestions as to how I can fix this..

Thanks!
    This change happened after Motion got updated to Oreo. I am not sure if this happens on all devices irrespective of the SD card configured as External or Internal Storage. I have configured it as Internal and the same scenario occurs on my device.
    12-30-18 01:09 AM
    Is their any way to do a full cache wipe for all of my apps? rather then going into each app and clearing the cache?

This change happened after Motion got updated to Oreo. I am not sure if this happens on all devices irrespective of the SD card configured as External or Internal Storage. I have configured it as Internal and the same scenario occurs on my device.
    12-30-18 01:48 PM
    Is their any way to do a full cache wipe for all of my apps? rather then going into each app and clearing the cache?
    None that I am aware of. Little that I understand of it is that Oreo manages space and cache on its own and clearing cache of individual app is not necessary unless a particular app has performance issues. I have recently started using the Files app from Google which has an option of clearing all Junk Files together which essentially are Temporary App Files.
    12-30-18 01:55 PM
    I'm on the November update and don't have this issue, fwiw.
    12-30-18 06:07 PM
    You have Oreo on your Motion and are able to manually clear cache from Storage in Settings just the way it used to be with Nougat? Interesting if that is really the case. Can you share some screenshots ?
    12-30-18 10:20 PM
    I have Oreo but cannot manually clear cache. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    12-30-18 11:22 PM
    Is your SD card formatted for internal storage ?.....
    12-31-18 07:07 AM
    Is your SD card formatted for internal storage ?.....
    No. External.
    12-31-18 11:48 AM
    Ahhhhh.. OK .. not the same... Mine is formatted for internal storage..

No. External.
    12-31-18 12:32 PM