How's the camera on the motion guys?

I know it has the same setup as the keyone, just wondering if they have improved things on the software side.

Using HDR in low light is downright impossible on my black edition KO.

The pixel doesn't have any such problems. I guess software is everything.
    10-24-17 06:23 AM
    I'd be interested as well- I've held onto the Priv mainly because its main camera is actually quite a decent camera..

I was quite disappointed that neither of the DTEK cameras had lens-based optical image stabilization, and it appears neither will the Motion according to all the spec sheets I've seen.. Besides high-ISO modes, stabilization is pretty critical to getting decent low-light shots on camera phones..

How's the camera on the motion guys?

I know it has the same setup as the keyone, just wondering if they have improved things on the software side.

Using HDR in low light is downright impossible on my black edition KO.

The pixel doesn't have any such problems. I guess software is everything.
    10-25-17 02:00 PM
    I'd be interested as well- I've held onto the Priv mainly because its main camera is actually quite a decent camera..

I was quite disappointed that neither of the DTEK cameras had lens-based optical image stabilization, and it appears neither will the Motion according to all the spec sheets I've seen.. Besides high-ISO modes, stabilization is pretty critical to getting decent low-light shots on camera phones..
    Agreed on the OIS part. I think all modern phones should have them. Blackberry regressed on this because both the passport and the PRIV had OIS.

But software optimisation does help mitigate some of that lack of usability.

The pixel doesn't have OIS but produces way better pictures than the keyone in low light and has a much faster HDR and low light mode.
    10-25-17 06:00 PM
    The pixel doesn't have OIS but produces way better pictures than the keyone in low light and has a much faster HDR and low light mode.
    Probably due to a mix of the better SOC and Google's own optimizations/app.

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/onq/20...spectra-camera
    10-25-17 07:07 PM
    have a private camera. it's nice feature
    10-28-17 01:49 AM
    The camera is good IMO. Here is one of the pictures taken today.
    Attached Thumbnails Camera performance feedback-1251.jpg  
    10-28-17 03:10 AM
    I'm interested in Motion pictures compared to a Dtek60. Does any new owner have these two devices to compare.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-28-17 10:28 AM
    Yeah that's not giving me much confidence in this phone's camera. That photo is pretty bad, and this is in excellent lighting.
    FabriciusFab likes this.
    10-28-17 10:59 AM
    I have a dtek60 if someone wants to send me a Motion....
    10-28-17 05:31 PM
    Yeah that's not giving me much confidence in this phone's camera. That photo is pretty bad, and this is in excellent lighting.
    It's not bad. Just not that great. Its just good.
    10-28-17 09:50 PM
    That's decent but not great. The dynamic range is a bit flat. You should try HDR mode when taking pictures with heavy low and high lights.

Also you want to really test a camera do it in low light with a moving object.
    11-01-17 10:35 AM
    The difference in camera quality shouldn't be a dealbreaker on a phone. If u r doing special occasions use a camera. Sending whatsapp photos of your kid riding a bike is OK on mid spec phones.
    11-01-17 11:16 AM
    That's decent but not great. The dynamic range is a bit flat. You should try HDR mode when taking pictures with heavy low and high lights.

Also you want to really test a camera do it in low light with a moving object.
    I may be wrong but I'm not sure that he was really looking for a photography masterclass?
    11-01-17 11:19 AM
    The difference in camera quality shouldn't be a dealbreaker on a phone. If u r doing special occasions use a camera. Sending whatsapp photos of your kid riding a bike is OK on mid spec phones.
    Yes but this phone is $450 US dollars so I expect a good camera.
    11-01-17 11:40 AM
    But not professional. It's a business phone, give it a break! My S7 Edge was excellent, but is aimed at a more demanding tech nerd market.
    11-01-17 12:31 PM

I mean, here's a photo (unedited) of my son on Halloween in our weekend Flat. Just for family memories and to send by whatsapp. Not a "great" photo but to be honest, that's all I need on this occasion . I take loads of family photos I'll look at on a PC or mobile. Not worth fretting over in an intense photo-nerd way.
    Last edited by mrsimon; 11-02-17 at 12:11 AM.
    11-01-17 12:44 PM

Small town near Lleida city. Unedited.
    These type of photos are casual ones.

Keep the camera the same on my Keyone so that the price doesn't increase.
    11-02-17 05:08 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...60f05a3430.jpg
    I mean, here's a photo (unedited) of my son on Halloween in our weekend Flat. Just for family memories and to send by whatsapp. Not a "great" photo but to be honest, that's all I need on this occasion . I take loads of family photos I'll look at on a PC or mobile. Not worth fretting over in an intense photo-nerd way.
    Cool photo, love your decorations.
    11-03-17 08:29 AM
    Can someone post links to the original pictures? uploading them through the CB app really compress them..
    11-03-17 02:41 PM
    No. You're missing the point. I'm saying it's not a proper camera and doesn't set out to be one. Judge photos from an iPhone 8 or a S8. This is a business phone. There's such a fixation with the camera quality, it's getting annoying
    11-03-17 03:22 PM
    No. You're missing the point. I'm saying it's not a proper camera and doesn't set out to be one. Judge photos from an iPhone 8 or a S8. This is a business phone. There's such a fixation with the camera quality, it's getting annoying
    They're literally promoting the camera on the Motion's page, naturally people would ask about it. Pretty sure it was a key (no pun intended) point for the Keyone as well (which has the same sensor as the Motion).

https://www.blackberrymobile.com/uk/motion/
    11-03-17 03:51 PM
    Shouldn't be a selling point
    11-04-17 09:53 AM
    Well if you don't think I need a good camera on my smartphone I'll just have to take your word for it.

Relatity is that even hardcore BlackBerry fans and business users might sometimes need to take a good picture of something. I'm not a professional photographer and my smartphone is my only camera. I don't need iPhone X quality pictures, but I certainly don't want a camera like my Z30 had.
    11-04-17 10:52 AM
    An adequate camera based on type of phone. That's what you have on a Keyone. Call quality and reception are the main priorities.
    11-04-17 01:33 PM
    Business people need good cameras too. You can't run a social media presence, record an event or demonstration, or even document a whiteboard on a poor camera.

We don't have a verdict just yet on the Motion's camera but if it can match the Keyone with images like these we should be fine,

https://www.flickr.com/photos/chezbast/37588423722
    11-04-17 02:17 PM
33 12