The blinking red notification light comes on without any other indications of cause. No notifications other than the light. I've gone through apps turning off notifications, checked Play Store and phone updates...nothing there. I've gone into Settings and Power app to see what settings could be causing this mystery light....nothing that I can see. I finally just turned off the global blinking light switch. Now this isn't really a long term solution as this turns off all blinking light notifications, but it does afford a little freedom from frustration.
    Now this is my wife's phone so any "do a factory reset" suggestions are not going to go well. Any other suggestions other than that which will cause family stife?
    11-22-18 07:53 AM
    Do a backup of all your apps, and settings, then do the factory reset. doesn't take that long, and will allow you to restore all your apps and settings without hastle. I've done it a few times, and it's easy.
    11-22-18 03:14 PM
    The blinking red notification light comes on without any other indications of cause. No notifications other than the light. I've gone through apps turning off notifications, checked Play Store and phone updates...nothing there. I've gone into Settings and Power app to see what settings could be causing this mystery light....nothing that I can see. I finally just turned off the global blinking light switch. Now this isn't really a long term solution as this turns off all blinking light notifications, but it does afford a little freedom from frustration.
    Now this is my wife's phone so any "do a factory reset" suggestions are not going to go well. Any other suggestions other than that which will cause family stife?
    You can also try to "reset all app preferences" which will reset all permissions and notifications.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    11-22-18 03:20 PM
    Do a backup of all your apps, and settings, then do the factory reset. doesn't take that long, and will allow you to restore all your apps and settings without hastle. I've done it a few times, and it's easy.
    As I wrote a factory reset is not an option in this case. I've done plenty and I know this will not go over well with my wife. I'll entertain other suggestions.
    11-22-18 03:41 PM
    You can also try to "reset all app preferences" which will reset all permissions and notifications.
    I'll give this one a try. Thanks.
    11-22-18 03:42 PM