This is a demo unit I was able to try and play around with... Overall impression way better than the KeyOne.

Great design. Very light. Waaay lighter than I thought it was going to be. The sole speaker at the bottom could be an issue.

The bottom bezel is quite thick and the 5'5 inch diameter doesn't really factor that much into the screen real estate versus the DTEK50 or 60.

I don't find the Android 7.1 Nougat that much of an improvement as an OS versus the Marshmallow on the Priv and DTEKS. Somewhat more refined but not a leap forward by any means.

I must say that I'm not loving the home button. It is touch sensitive in addition to housing the finger print scanner. But I feel like it takes away from the device and cheapens it somehow.

The graphite shade is exquisite, the absolute expression of minimalist industrial design.

The screen is quite good, but it falls a bit short in terms of the clarity and colour vividness you get on the DTEK50 and 60.

The sound also leaves something to be desired, especially if you come from one of the DTEKS... it is more reminiscent of the BlackBerry Leap in terms of sound.

Really liking the texture and logo on the back. It looks quite good as part and parcel of the design.

The KeyOne, the silver edition, for me, looks good in pictures but quite cheap in reality. The BlackBerry Motion doesn't have that problem. It looks as good in reality as it does in pictures.

Overall, a sturdy, well designed, efficient device, with the average consumer in mind. A no frills, no fuss and no muss smartphone.

These are just initial observations, based on limited use. Can't speak to battery life, screen resistance and durability and other stuff. CrackBerry Kevin covered all that already. But it is another thing to actually own the device yourself and see it in action on a daily basis.

Worth buying? Yes if you are new to BlackBerry or are looking to replace your BB10 device with a BlackDroid one, or the Priv and KeyOne. Not too sure if you already have the DTEK50 and 60.
    Attached Thumbnails The BlackBerry Motion in the wild-img_20171115_1829428.jpg  
    Last edited by adonesc; 11-15-17 at 08:44 PM.
    11-15-17 07:42 PM
    A good summary of your impressions. Thanks.
    adonesc likes this.
    11-15-17 09:38 PM
    What's wrong with the speaker? and how is the bottom bezel?
    11-16-17 08:47 AM
    What's wrong with the speaker?
    Unlike the DTEKs, there is a single mono speaker, and with the IP67 water proofing, sound quality could be an issue.
    BigAl_BB9900 and Qorax like this.
    11-16-17 11:14 AM
    Typing on one now, have had a Motion since Friday. Phenomenal battery life, and great to use once it's on.

The key placement is the only deal breaker. Still haven't got used to it, so picking up and getting into the device is a crapshoot.
    11-16-17 05:06 PM
    I got very used to unlocking my Dtek60 with the fingerprint sensor on the back. I kind of agree about the BB button kind of making it less premium. otherwise I think the capacitive buttons work well, the fingerprint sensor works well, design is pretty great. Not a fan of the mono speaker, but sound quality from it is good. I prefer the dual speakers of the Dtek60.
    adonesc likes this.
    11-27-17 01:34 PM
    And I thought that the Keyone looked more premium than the Motion. I think this might be because the Keyone has no competition.
    adonesc likes this.
    11-28-17 02:03 AM
    And I thought that the Keyone looked more premium than the Motion. I think this might be because the Keyone has no competition.
    The KeyOne Vader Berry does look premium and at least for me way better than its silver cousin...
    12-06-17 08:08 PM
    I have only two, but big problems with the Motion. The speaker, as you mentioned, is really not good. And another, very weak point of the Motion, is the camera. Really very bad if the light conditions are not perfect.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-07-17 04:36 PM
    I have only two, but big problems with the Motion. The speaker, as you mentioned, is really not good. And another, very weak point of the Motion, is the camera. Really very bad if the light conditions are not perfect.
    Wow. I didn't think that the one pixel difference from the DTEKS would make that much different difference...but I guess it's more than that.
    12-07-17 07:34 PM
    The KeyOne Vader Berry does look premium and at least for me way better than its silver cousin...
    As for me, I love the look of the Silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ. It is definitely a matter of taste. I like how the logo stands out on the back and the silver accents on the front, especially the frets. The black KEYᵒⁿᵉ is nice but less distinctive.
    I think the Motion, though, looks classy just the way it is, from what I have seen in the pictures. I do like the logo on the space key. Brilliant. It would be nice if TCL branched out and did some other colors of some of the devices.
    adonesc and the brother like this.
    12-09-17 05:06 AM
    Got mine on my vacation at Dubai, after the first pictures with it I dropped the Dtek60 on my bag and used the motion as a camera. My girlfriend who complained that my BlackBerry didn't work for pictures, praised the Motion camera and dropped her IPhone 6 and started using my Motion for her selfies.
    12-09-17 04:43 PM
    Got mine on my vacation at Dubai, after the first pictures with it I dropped the Dtek60 on my bag and used the motion as a camera. My girlfriend who complained that my BlackBerry didn't work for pictures, praised the Motion camera and dropped her IPhone 6 and started using my Motion for her selfies.
    If you have full light or sun, the camera is good. But go into a darker area, in a restaurant etc. and the problems will start. You will get blurry pictures.
    12-09-17 06:05 PM
    I noticed that but it was fixed by touching the area I needed to focus on. It's worst was if I tried to zoom in night pictures. Will keep an eye and compare with my other phones.
    12-09-17 08:00 PM
    Thanks for a great sum-up of the device. But DTEK50 is NOT a good device by ANY means. I've got one for my girlfriend in February, she's been using it since then. Believe me - it's got tons of issues: 1. It IS slow (e.g. u need ~ 15-20 sec to send a pic via Viber or other social media app). Its battery is bad, around 2-3 hours on screen time and it's dead. Apps sometimes lag or simply crush, a constant problem with the loss of 3G network (no Internet), etc.
    Now to KEYone. I've got a black edition 4/64 and compared to Dtek50 it flies. Won't even start on the battery comparison here (it easily eclipses my previous Passport SE). All apps run smoothly, no laggin at all. In my opinion, KEYone Black is one of BB's best achievements - and I've had all BB10 devices. If Motion is anything like the KEYone, it's a catch
    12-10-17 05:13 AM
    The only thing that goes for Dtek50 is its sound, which I think is better than on the KEYone. Disclaimer - I'm not talking about Detk60 which, say what you will, is an entirely different device than its younger sibling Dtek50 - both spec-wise and just the way it feels.
    12-10-17 05:23 AM
    I saw one in Belgrade, Serbia, financial district - New Belgrade.

Then, 500 meters down the road - another one - but on a large billboard. Didn't think I'll ever see BlackBerry billboard again ))
    12-12-17 11:28 AM
    Got my Motion 5 days ago, happy so far but still looking to a decent no frill case... what I like the most is the interface much more productive than iOS or other Droids. I am giving my KeyOne to my son (KeyOne is ruggedized), my 17 year daughter is very happy with my previous DTEK 60, and I am still using my Passport on WiFi for certain apps.. Guess I'm a die hard BB phone addict!
    12-13-17 08:57 AM
    Got my Motion 5 days ago, happy so far but still looking to a decent no frill case... what I like the most is the interface much more productive than iOS or other Droids. I am giving my KeyOne to my son (KeyOne is ruggedized), my 17 year daughter is very happy with my previous DTEK 60, and I am still using my Passport on WiFi for certain apps.. Guess I'm a die hard BB phone addict!
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13086091
    12-13-17 10:51 AM