So before anyone tells me this phone is not even out yet, I am excited about it. The large battery I read about, coupled with a strong build (although I haven't read details on that) are two great things.
    I currently have a slab and this is the first Blackberry Android I am intrigued with/might switch to.

For any "think tanks" out there, do you see Blackberry bringing another, PKB but specifically in a different size i.e., something a bit smaller?
    Correct me if I am wrong, but the Motion, was the last concept we knew of in the pipeline?
    I only ask because I am contemplating on making the jump over to the Motion sometime after the initial release, but if I hear of another PKB, I would be putting that on hold. Also, I didn't like the form factor of the K1's PKB which is almost completely to do with the overall size dimensions.

Thanks!

Also, looking forward to some real-world numbers from this "32" hour battery life.
    10-20-17 12:40 PM
    There is one phone coming later, the Juno, but that's all we have, the name.
    10-20-17 12:41 PM
    Oh right. I completely forgot about the Juno. I do remember hearing that project name thrown around. Thanks!
    10-20-17 12:47 PM
    Hopefully a *larger* Keyone (the Keytwo)

Posted via CB10
    10-20-17 01:18 PM
    I'd like to hope it's a compact device which can fit into the (limited) market segment currently occupied only by the iPhone SE and the Xperia XZ1 Compact. An affordable, all-touch BlackBerry Classic would be a good realisation of this.

As I said in a previous thread, the only viable way to build a smaller QWERTY device in practice would be the slider format. Despite being fond of this in the past, I'm unconvinced, as yet, that this is a sensible route forward.
    10-20-17 01:49 PM
    I would imagine there would be a new phone every year, right? I would only assume a different PKB form factor if the KEYone was huge success. To me, the size is perfect. It's basically the same size as my old Galaxy S5 and a bit wider/thicker than my Galaxy S8.

I suppose they could make the top bezel smaller and take away the capacitive navigation buttons to make the screen larger and keep the same form factor. Or reduce all that and make the phone shorter. But that depends on if they believe the KEYone was a big enough success to warrant other versions.
    10-20-17 02:10 PM
    Actually, I read that the original plan this year was to release the KEYone and the "successors" to the Dtek 50 & 60... So I'm going to assume the "juno" is going to be a high-end slab
    phuoc likes this.
    10-20-17 04:14 PM
    I'm sure I remember Steve Cistulli referring to a "family friendly device" on the 10th Anniversary Podcast. Not sure whether it was the Motion he had in mind, or some other conception.

But yeah, there's logic in having a DTEK60 successor.
    Sigewif likes this.
    10-21-17 03:14 AM
    I'd like to hope it's a compact device which can fit into the (limited) market segment currently occupied only by the iPhone SE and the Xperia XZ1 Compact. An affordable, all-touch BlackBerry Classic would be a good realisation of this.

As I said in a previous thread, the only viable way to build a smaller QWERTY device in practice would be the slider format. Despite being fond of this in the past, I'm unconvinced, as yet, that this is a sensible route forward.
    I agree. I would love a phone in the 5.2 range to compliment the KeyOne. A jacked up smaller phone would be ideal. Smaller phone would be my weekend warrior.
    10-21-17 09:49 AM
    I'd love to see a Z10-sized device. I felt it was the perfect phone, size wise.

I'm not a fan of the larger phones. If I wanted to carry around a tablet, I'd get a tablet.

BlackBerry Curve (2010), BlackBerry Torch (2011-2013), Android junk (2013-2014), BlackBerry Z10 (2014-present)
    mundo472 likes this.
    10-21-17 12:27 PM
    Just give me a high end touchscreen. Please!
    phuoc likes this.
    10-21-17 12:38 PM
    Just give me a high end touchscreen. Please!
    Me too.
    10-21-17 12:40 PM
    Actually, I read that the original plan this year was to release the KEYone and the "successors" to the Dtek 50 & 60... So I'm going to assume the "juno" is going to be a high-end slab
    That is what I think I understood. I would love the next phone to be a 5.7 inch high-end phone or the DTEK 60 replacement.

BlackBerry should take the Motion and slim down the chin to create their next phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-17 12:54 PM
    Oh right. I completely forgot about the Juno. I do remember hearing that project name thrown around. Thanks!
    Juno it!
    Sigewif likes this.
    10-21-17 09:48 PM
    Is the Juno looking like a Q2 or Q3 2018 device?
    10-21-17 09:53 PM
    If history is any indication...

PRIV --> DTEK50 --> DTEK60

K1 --> Motion --> Juno

Juno should be a higher end touch device.
    10-22-17 07:21 AM
    my choice would be a smaller high end slab with a super battery!!

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    10-22-17 07:44 AM
    my choice would be a smaller high end slab with a super battery!!

The question is, what's BBMs strategy? If they are aiming at the "mature " business market the phones they have launched are already specced ok, black k1 and motion. I don't play video games and would say I'm their target market. I have the black K1.
    To be honest, flagship phones isn't their market or fight.
    For me it'd be better to improve the key1 with new colours and a tweaked quality design. and perhaps a bit of extra RAM but 4GB is ok for my business usage.
    The Motion could go the same route.

The next phone should be an atrractive economical business Dtek 50 replacement. perhaps a bit smaller. 5.2 or 5inches.
    People are obsessed with the flagship fight and are missing the point. These are for fanboys, geeks and young people or just those who are won over by clever marketing.

BBM want to win the professional midrange market. Their 2 phones reflect this.
    Froboy817 likes this.
    10-22-17 09:15 AM
    The SIM free Priv was £559 upon release in the UK, compared to £475 for the later DTEK60, and was heavily criticised for this at the time. The DTEKs have been highly subject to price fluctuations, but have maintained around £200 between them.

I would have concerns if a so-called "high end" all-touch device went over the £549 for the KEYone Black Edition, and it would have to be very competitive if it was to be priced identically. With some minor price changes to the current models, there is definitely space to factor in a higher specification handset, but it would need to be distinctive. Design-wise, a frontal build very similar to the Priv would be a good realisation of this. Says he, who misses his traditional BlackBerry logo.
    10-22-17 09:29 AM
    To me the KEYone is a great size. I wouldn't mind another one being slightly larger. Actually, my favorite phone design is the PRIV. Perhaps there are ways of designing a slider so it would be a little shorter and still have the same sized screen. I don't mind the height at all even when it is extended. But more compact wouldn't be a bad idea, as long as it did not compromise the screen size. This goes for both the PRIV design and the KEYone design.
    10-22-17 11:28 AM
    So before anyone tells me this phone is not even out yet, I am excited about it. The large battery I read about, coupled with a strong build (although I haven't read details on that) are two great things.
    I currently have a slab and this is the first Blackberry Android I am intrigued with/might switch to.

For any "think tanks" out there, do you see Blackberry bringing another, PKB but specifically in a different size i.e., something a bit smaller?
    Correct me if I am wrong, but the Motion, was the last concept we knew of in the pipeline?
    I only ask because I am contemplating on making the jump over to the Motion sometime after the initial release, but if I hear of another PKB, I would be putting that on hold. Also, I didn't like the form factor of the K1's PKB which is almost completely to do with the overall size dimensions.

Thanks!

Also, looking forward to some real-world numbers from this "32" hour battery life.
    Motion will be great device. I am a PKB fan but I feel this device with superior specs on offer will be a true successor of Z30. I have preordered the device in Dubai and very soon shall be laying hands on it.

 Passport propelled by 10.3.2.2639
    phuoc likes this.
    10-22-17 12:26 PM
    The question is, what's BBMs strategy? If they are aiming at the "mature " business market the phones they have launched are already specced ok, black k1 and motion. I don't play video games and would say I'm their target market. I have the black K1.
    To be honest, flagship phones isn't their market or fight.
    For me it'd be better to improve the key1 with new colours and a tweaked quality design. and perhaps a bit of extra RAM but 4GB is ok for my business usage.
    The Motion could go the same route.

The next phone should be an atrractive economical business Dtek 50 replacement. perhaps a bit smaller. 5.2 or 5inches.
    People are obsessed with the flagship fight and are missing the point. These are for fanboys, geeks and young people or just those who are won over by clever marketing.

BBM want to win the professional midrange market. Their 2 phones reflect this.
    I agree with you. Only I would prefer a smaller Dtek60 with a better battery and good camera. 5.2" is probably more than big enough.
    My first cell phone was a Motorola "brick". Then the phones got smaller and smaller till they fit in your pocket. Then came smartphones, which have gotten bigger and bigger till they no longer fit in your pocket!!
    I have an iPad. I don't need a huge phone.

10-22-17 12:53 PM
    BlackBerry is aiming towards business people rather than consumers so the next phone should be like the Motion or KEYone but maybe a higher end phone but probably no higher than $700 USD cause they should have learned from the Priv
    10-22-17 01:16 PM
    I wish bbmobile would outline it's plan for phones. In Barcelona they indicated at least 3 phones were in line. But what kind and level was not discussed. for me it's important. I imagine there will be a KEYtwo next year. But a high end slab too? if so I would not touch the Motion.
    10-22-17 02:22 PM
    I May be wrong but they'll Go down not up. If you want high end for whatever reason then have a second device. High end screens and processors mean shorter life batteries. That's not where they are going IMHO. Play games and watch movies on another device.
    10-22-17 02:46 PM
30 12