Hello,

I'm writing in hopes one might know what to do. My phone received an OTA update from Bell Carrier
    Motion BBD100-2 // PRD-63739-010 is the device. It says i'm on ABP819 and my phone keeps restarting... becoming unresponsive, shutting off to the point I have to wait 10 minutes to try and turn it back on.
    When i connected a USB cable to it I see a red led blinking like an error code... I'm not sure what to do?
    Hoping a fellow Crackberry expert might be able to assist. Please let me know how we can diagnos the problem and fix it... Thank you!!
    03-07-19 08:37 AM
    I'm not sure what to do?
    Do a factory reset. There's no reason it should be acting that way. If that doesn't solve it, you'll need to look at reinstalling the OS.
    03-07-19 09:27 AM
    Do a factory reset. There's no reason it should be acting that way. If that doesn't solve it, you'll need to look at reinstalling the OS.
    Is there seriously no other option? We have no tools available to diagnostic the issues?
    Such a pain in the *** to backup the phone ... ugh
    03-07-19 09:35 AM
    Is there seriously no other option? We have no tools available to diagnostic the issues?
    Such a pain in the *** to backup the phone ... ugh
    Nothing outside of commonsense. Check recently installed apps, try booting in safe mode, do a 32 sec reboot. Where it started after an OTA update though, just sounds like you got a dirty install.
    03-07-19 09:38 AM
    Safe mode? and 32 second reboot? what are these? Is there an auto loader for no wipe option? That can reinstall the OS?
    03-07-19 09:41 AM
    I have that model and that update and my Motion is acting perfectly normal. Did you install any apps recently that may be causing the issue?
    03-07-19 10:43 AM
    Can someone please explain to me how I can factory restore? so its not on the current Android OS?
    It looks like this is Battery related... the battery reaches 50% and the whole phone shuts off. I don't know what's wrong.... Its not under warranty anymore... HELP.
    03-08-19 07:13 AM
    Can someone please explain to me how I can factory restore? so its not on the current Android OS?
    It looks like this is Battery related... the battery reaches 50% and the whole phone shuts off. I don't know what's wrong.... Its not under warranty anymore... HELP.
    A factory reset won't make your OS go back in time to a previous version.

Settings, system, reset options, factory data reset.
    03-08-19 07:29 AM
    A factory reset won't make your OS go back in time to a previous version.

Settings, system, reset options, factory data reset.
    I've done this still having the same effect... Running out of options. Something is either wrong with this build or the phone is dying. Someone who is an expert here needs to tell me what I can do... I don't know you guys are the ones who spend your every day knowing everything about them. I also keep getting a System UI popup saying the battery temperature is too high The handset has stop charging. Seriously someone please help... Factory data reset is not helping... Its such an uber pain to backup the phone too.

To someone its as simple as a reset but i have phone call logs, text messages etc that are important... Help please.
    Last edited by TERDIE; 03-08-19 at 09:26 AM.
    03-08-19 07:43 AM
    I've done this still having the same effect... Running out of options. Something is either wrong with this build or the phone is dying. Someone who is an expert here needs to tell me what I can do... I don't know you guys are the ones who spend your every day knowing everything about them.
    It would appear to be a hardware issue. Take it to a local phone shop and have them look at it and perhaps change the battery.
    03-08-19 07:45 AM
    It would appear to be a hardware issue. Take it to a local phone shop and have them look at it and perhaps change the battery.
    I've called into the blackberry support line. Have a case # and Going to have to pay to have it repaired... ugh........
    03-08-19 08:41 AM
    I've called into the blackberry support line. Have a case # and Going to have to pay to have it repaired... ugh........
    Just get a local shop to do it while you wait.
    03-08-19 08:50 AM
    Sorry to hear this bud hope you can get it figured out soon. I know when you’re phone goes down panic sets in, hopefully someone on here can walk you through it As not everyone is tech savvy.
    our lives are in phones from passwords to personal photos to documents

I’m going to get a lot of crap for saying this.
    But this is a perfect example of why the iPhone is so popular
    SUPPORT
    Plus
    Desktop software for backing up you’re phone and to fix problems.

Something goes wrong you have a real store to take you’re phone to that knows you’re phone.

It’s not going to do him any good to take his phone to a local cell store they probably have never Evan heard of a blackberry motion

I hated the iPhone
    go into a factory or a warehouse you don’t see android devices you see iPads and iPhones why security, stability and support those places don’t have time to screw around trying fix a device.

Sorry I was a huge blackberry fan for a very long time Evan purchased almost every os10 phone built but it ended with the keyone , I still have a soft spot for blackberry and obviously follow blackberry or I wouldn’t be writing this.

Hopefully some on here can help this guy there’s no other place for blackberry support.
    03-08-19 09:34 AM
    Just get a local shop to do it while you wait.
    Is this common thing? I haven't heard of this before have any of you guys?
    I have a case # and a shipping label to send to TCL repair depot in Missisauga do you recommend this or taking to a Cellular Magician and have it done locally? I mean either way im going to be without a phone The backups the phone does are no where near comparable to
    what the Samsung Skies software does. or an iPhone backup for that matter... in my eyes its incomplete.
    Last edited by TERDIE; 03-08-19 at 09:48 AM.
    03-08-19 09:35 AM
    Is this common thing? I haven't heard of this before have any of you guys?
    I have a case # and a shipping label to send to TCL repair depot in Missisauga do you recommend this or taking to a Cellular Magician and have it done locally? I mean either way im going to be without a phone The backups the phone does are no where near comparable to
    what the Samsung Skies software does. or an iPhone backup for that matter... in my eyes its incomplete.
    The only thing left for me to do after a Google restore is organizing my home screen.

A battery can be replaced while you wait. $40 and 15 minutes. Might be worth a shot first.
    03-08-19 09:54 AM
    The only thing left for me to do after a Google restore is organizing my home screen.

A battery can be replaced while you wait. $40 and 15 minutes. Might be worth a shot first.
    I called the local shops they don't have them in stock. They charge 85$ to do it where the repair depot is quoting me 75$ Google restore is crap. Its incomplete it does not restore the phone back to what it was before a factory reset took place. I have to use 3rd party software to backup my phone calls , text msg's etc. SMS Back & Restore Pro works great , I backup to the dropbox so its kept current. magiclock desktop allows you to have 30 images that change when your phone lock button or phone is locked and it rotates you lose these on a phone restore. Its much more than just organizing your home screen.

It makes it very hard to support something when others don't even care Blackberry is still a thing.

iPhone can do a full backup from the PC.
    Samsung can do a full backup from the PC.
    Blackberry can give you headaches and force you to use there **** Google Restore that is not accurate and incomplete.

I take it you don't use your phone for the same purpose I do. Functionality and being able to properly restore a phone is important. Blackberry LINK you use to be able to do backups, Blackberry Desktop software you use to be able to back up your phones. Blackberry Android... No such thing exists. Why is this?
    03-08-19 10:15 AM

I take it you don't use your phone for the same purpose I do.
    My phone logs and SMS are restored just fine with Google.

I don't know what you use your phone for, but I use mine for everything - business and personal.

Everything I have is in the cloud and/or on my SD card.

Setup after a wipe is a breeze.
    03-08-19 10:19 AM
    My phone logs and SMS are restored just fine with Google.

I don't know what you use your phone for, but I use mine for everything - business and personal.

Everything I have is in the cloud and/or on my SD card.

Setup after a wipe is a breeze.
    Phone logs and SMS are limited.
    they don't restore everything. That is my point. I use my phone for everything. Personal and Business as well. and losing things like a text message from a client is a disaster. I don't trust the Google Restore because it doesn't do what other pieces of software did.

I still have asked a question about why nothing exists for Desktop backup solutions.
    No one seems to be able to actually answer it. Why does no one else think like I am?
    Why is support so crappy and the only answer is... Did you reset it? did you press down the reset button for 32 seconds? I mean welcome to IT i guess just restart it , It will be fine.
    03-08-19 10:26 AM
    I still have asked a question about why nothing exists for Desktop backup solutions.
    No one seems to be able to actually answer it. Why does no one else think like I am?
    Why is support so crappy and the only answer is... Did you reset it? did you press down the reset button for 32 seconds? I mean welcome to IT i guess just restart it , It will be fine.
    People have, for the most part, moved to the cloud - leaving the concept of a local backup file rather quaint.

Rebooting and resetting are standard responses for many issues on all devices on all platforms. That's because it works.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/0...sages-android/
    03-08-19 10:38 AM
    People have, for the most part, moved to the cloud - leaving the concept of a local backup file rather quaint.

Rebooting and resetting are standard responses for many issues on all devices on all platforms. That's because it works.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/0...sages-android/
    Is the cloud backup the same as using the Blackberry software Content Transfer on the phone to transfer from one to the other? Or has this been improved since the beginning and is now integrated with The Google Restore. I still feel like the backups are not... complete.
    03-08-19 10:58 AM
    Is the cloud backup the same as using the Blackberry software Content Transfer on the phone to transfer from one to the other? Or has this been improved since the beginning and is now integrated with The Google Restore. I still feel like the backups are not... complete.
    They are different things.
    03-08-19 11:04 AM
    They are different things.
    Please provide me with the steps to properly backup my entire phone using only the Google restore which will backup **ALL** SMS and Call logs. Cause It usually says... 3000 is all it will do. If you can do that I'd really appreciate it.

Also... Just logged into my Google Drive for the two Google for Business accounts I have and I don't see anything Google Restore backups anywhere... I see a crap ton of Content-transfer folders.

I guess i'm unclear of how this works...
    That's why im asking experts like you.
    03-08-19 11:12 AM
    Please provide me with the steps to properly backup my entire phone using only the Google restore which will backup **ALL** SMS and Call logs. Cause It usually says... 3000 is all it will do. If you can do that I'd really appreciate it.
    If you want to be sure about SMS and call logs, use one of the apps I linked to in the article above - just in case you aren't satisfied with the default result.

Make sure your device is attached to a Google account, and is set to backup - settings, system, backup.

Do a "backup now" just prior to wipe.
    03-08-19 11:16 AM
    If you want to be sure about SMS and call logs, use one of the apps I linked to in the article above - just in case you aren't satisfied with the default result.

Make sure your device is attached to a Google account, and is set to backup - settings, system, backup.

Do a "backup now" just prior to wipe.
    Thank you.
    Where do I find these backups on my Google drive? is this separate from that storage?
    03-08-19 11:18 AM
    Thank you.
    Where do I find these backups on my Google drive? is this separate from that storage?
    You don't see them directly.
    03-08-19 11:19 AM
31 12