07-12-18 11:30 PM
68 123
tools
    I am trying to add multiple languages for the keyboard but it is not recognizing other languages. Any suggestions?
    You probably already know, but:

- settings
    - language & input
    - languages

Add the languages you want. Then go to:

- keyboard settings
    - multi-language keyboards
    - add

Go back to:

- BlackBerry keyboard settings
    - advanced
    - language key
    - use space bar to switch languages (long press)

Hope that helps.

-
    06-19-18 04:10 PM
    Got that as well. Thanks for your help
    Spunton_Duddley likes this.
    06-19-18 04:12 PM
    Well look at that they have a separate volume for the keyboard under the keyboard setting lol
    06-19-18 04:13 PM
    Can you change the keyboard color from black to white?
    The only way would be via 'accessibility' and playing with the 'colour inversion' setting. However, obviously that changes the entire phone theme. Probably totally not what you want... ;-)
    06-19-18 04:13 PM
    I'm good with the help you gave me, thanks. I can get used to black keyboard
    06-19-18 04:14 PM
    There are often times when I find myself watching some youtube tutorials or random videos and I suddenly need to do a Web search.

I long press the square key to initiate the split screen, then simply long press the BlackBerry button, and voila; I have the youtube video playing on one side and then doing my Web search on the other side with firefox.

Honestly, the way I use my devices, this is a serious convenience, time saver, and fluid way to get two things done at once. Love it. Don't need to grab a second device to do the Web searching whilst doing something simultaneously on youtube.

These new BlackBerry's are allowing me to do way more with just one device. I prefer to just use my BlackBerry for all computing stuff and it's becoming way easier to do that now.
    Last edited by Spunton_Duddley; 06-19-18 at 04:32 PM.
    06-19-18 04:19 PM
    The split screen also works well with Signal Private Messenger where I can be doing whatever in the browser and deal with sms at the same time without missing a beat.
    06-19-18 04:23 PM
    During the entire Winnipeg Jets playoff run, I watched the games and kept up to date with chats in Signal without any difficulties whatsoever. Makes me kind of excited about Oreo since there will probably be even more cool features.

All multitasking copies BlackBerry 10, but nothing beats BlackBerry 10 multitasking, yet. I wonder how it could be achieved in monolithic Android without using QNX RTOS.
    06-19-18 04:27 PM
    I dunked my Motion in a pool to show the Ip67 rating off to a few people, but then some water got into the port for the headphones, and the phone was stuck in headphone mode. And the microphone, and speaker weren't working. But about an hour later, it all came back to normal...
    07-02-18 05:00 PM
    what I don't like:
    fingerprint scanner work on password keeper ... But the you still need your password after that
    😋
    07-02-18 05:22 PM
    But thank you very much. I have been playing music on my Motion for hoursss... couldn't do this many hours on the priv. Battery would have died
    07-02-18 07:26 PM
    New to the motion, came from Passport. On the physical keyboard you could immediately scroll to the top or bottom of a list or page or hub by pressing T or B. Is there a similar function on the virtual keyboard of the Motion? tks

also, is there a way to show or hide the virtual keyboard?
    07-04-18 03:45 PM
    You can turn on Netflix from the phone!

I could only do YouTube on my priv.
    07-05-18 07:46 PM
    Mine never worked. It locks the phone everytime I try that..
    That might be because you haven't set it yet.
    You need to go to Settings > Gestures > and click on "Jump To Camera".
    Then it will be done😊
    07-10-18 03:51 PM
    That might be because you haven't set it yet.
    You need to go to Settings > Gestures > and click on "Jump To Camera".
    Then it will be done
    Thanks, I set it.

I had a phone that when you said "Cheese" , it would take the pic. That was awesome! Didn't have to fight to struggle to hit the button!
    07-12-18 05:48 PM
    Thanks, I set it.

I had a phone that when you said "Cheese" , it would take the pic. That was awesome! Didn't have to fight to struggle to hit the button!
    Your welcome. I think you can set voice commands also on your Motion. Just I don't use it so don't know how to set it.
    07-12-18 05:55 PM
    Your welcome. I think you can set voice commands also on your Motion. Just I don't use it so don't know how to set it.
    For the camera? That would be awesome. I did look around, before. I didn't see any voice commands for camera except "OK Google. Open camera"
    07-12-18 06:40 PM
    I ride a nice mountain bike all year round and every day. It's fun to ride a bike and I love doing it.

The flowing air, sun shining, scenery, and idiots in cars acting crazy.

As a result of choosing to ride a bicycle instead of driving a car, I often find myself on the receiving end of people's misguided anger in the form of insane and abhorrent road rage behaviour.

People also yell insults at me just because I'm riding a bicycle. It's the most bizarre thing I've experienced since being a sponsored skateboarder in the 90's and 2000's and all the harassment that came with that. Weird. Complex forming.

As a target, literally, I have to be very defensive and aware. I also have to control my temper because I know my own strength understanding what I am capable of doing if I have to physically defend myself. By being aware of my own physical strength, I behave accordingly so nobody gets hurt. I don't want to hurt anybody and it's difficult not to do so when somebody is screaming like a freak and acting like an angry ape whilst threatening my life and body. So, I'm gonna film em instead.

Anyways, this all lead me to do something with my BlackBerry Motion, BlackBerry Mobile Shell case, some heavy duty Velcro tape, and the clip from my old haggered PRIV holster.

I cut the Velcro stickers and affixed the clip perfectly to the back of the OEM Motion shell case. It's not permanent because Velcro. The Velcro tape is heavy duty and sticks really well, but is also not permanent. The Velcro is rated to hold up to 10 pounds of weight and the BlackBerry holster clips have always been fantastic.

Now I can use the front facing camera with the Motion safely attached to my backpack strap and film all my rides. I will also be able to now record these 'people' at their worst for sort of a digital scrap book of stupidity I can share with friends.

I mean, I see people with those ridiculous circular childproofing contraptions stuck to the backs of their phones. So, a clip from a BlackBerry holster seems like a much more useful thing to stick to a device case.

I can't believe people put those circle things with the cartoons on em onto the backs of their phones. No offence to anybody who likes that stuff. In my opinion, which doesn't matter, they're kinda lame. To others, maybe I'm 'kinda lame' too, so, Yay!
    Last edited by Spunton_Duddley; 07-12-18 at 11:51 PM.
    07-12-18 11:30 PM
68 123