Just got my BlackBerry Motion BBD100-1 from the UK. Overall, the phone is great, everything works fine on T-Mobile US, but I can't get Wifi calling to work. IMS shows not connected. Perhaps I need to get the US variant BBD100-2 (which isn't released yet). Anybody got Wifi calling to work with Blackberry Motion on T-Mobile in the US?
    11-19-17 07:07 PM
    WiFi Calling may be something that has to be provisioned by T-Mobile for your phone.

It's also possible that the BBD100-1 doesn't support all the LTE Bands used by T-Mobile.

The BBD100-2 version is available in Canada. The network bands are in the specs on the BBMo Canadian site:
    https://www.blackberrymobile.com/ca/...pecifications/
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 11-19-17 at 07:58 PM.
    11-19-17 07:48 PM
    I know. I hoped that BBD100-1 WFC would work on T-Mobile US anyway. May have to return it and get me a BBD100-2. However, before I do that, I would like to know whether T-Mobile WFC actually does work on the BBD100-2.
    11-19-17 08:07 PM
    The only extra band that the BBD100-2 has is 66, which may be important for T-Mobile in West Texas. Otherwise the -1 and -2 variants have the exact same bands, except that they are differently grouped in "Home Bands" and "Roaming Bands". I have never heard about this distinction, but perhaps that is the key to making WFC work on T-Mobile in the US. Need to know whether WFC works on the BBD100-2 variant.
    11-19-17 08:16 PM
    11-19-17 08:32 PM
    Thanks but this doesn't help. I tried the KeyOne, too, but the US variant, and T-Mobile WiFi calling worked out of the box.
    11-19-17 08:45 PM
    Thanks, but I have not yet found a store/carrier in Canada that ships to the US.
    11-20-17 08:27 AM
    It's not a band problem (or at least it shouldn't be -- you can use LTE Discovery to find out if you're connecting on Band 12, for example.)

The issue is PROBABLY the UA string the phone is sending. "International" models tend to use a different one, and that turns into a problem.

There is some effort being made to fix this as part of the SIM-based provisioning process (there's data sent down when a different SIM is inserted into a phone than what was there before, or on the first use.) The carriers don't see much value in BYOD in the US since they really like the "annuity-like" payment stream from people basically renting phones, but over in the rest of the world it's a different matter and thus the interest in this is higher everywhere else. VoLTE and WiFi calling has a major positive impact on carrier resource use (VoLTE is MUCH more bandwidth-efficient than fixed-channel voice calling) so the more people with it "on" and working the more the carriers like it. T-Mobile doesn't generally intentionally try to play IMEI whitelist games (AT&T does) at least, but the UA string and the specifics of the connection back for WiFi calling (it's an IPSEC connection incidentally, which is very good in terms of security!) are to some degree carrier-specific.

Best option right now is try to get the -2 model; it should work out of the box since it's intended for the North American market and has firmware in it that knows about the common NA carriers and their WiFi calling and VoLTE/IMS requirements.
    11-20-17 08:43 AM
    I agree, I will probably have to return my -1 and get a -2 when available in the US.
    11-20-17 08:53 AM
    anyone in Germany with KEYone on T-Mobile and active wifi call?
    11-20-17 11:28 AM
    Thanks, but I have not yet found a store/carrier in Canada that ships to the US.
    Go on amazon Canada
    11-20-17 12:47 PM
    Amazon Canada doesn't have it either (yet)
    11-20-17 01:06 PM
    Yeah, only a reseller with the international version.
    11-20-17 01:26 PM
    https://www.amazon.ca/BlackBerry-Sin...droidcent08-20

I found one here but it doesn't say specifically what version it is, just the bands and that it's "international version"
    11-20-17 02:54 PM
    In Canada and US, international version means non-US, i.e. mostly the EU version BBD100-1.
    11-20-17 03:48 PM
    As the OP mentioned, BBD100-1 is from the UK. The Wi-Fi calling is not working with it. I plan to wait and watch CrackBerry to see when the BBD100-2 is available.

Better be safe than sorry. I want the version that is made for the US.
    11-20-17 03:58 PM
    I ordered an unlocked BBD100-2 from PDA Plaza. When they received their initial shipment, they only got one North American model so I scooped it up. It's scheduled to arrive, according to tracking, on Wednesday. I'm on AT&T in Upstate New York. Let me know if there's any test you think might be able to give you an answer. I can always give it a shot provided the handset arrives safely, as advertised and undamaged.
    11-20-17 08:09 PM
    I have both. A -1 and -2 here and an active T-Mobile SIM..........but I'm in Canada right now, so not much help lol.
    11-21-17 12:05 PM
    Bla1ze, I would appreciate if you could let me know about T-Mobile WFC on the -2 when you are back in the US. Thanks!
    11-21-17 12:22 PM
    I have both. A -1 and -2 here and an active T-Mobile SIM..........but I'm in Canada right now, so not much help lol.
    Hey Bla1ze, I'm here in the States. Just mail down to me and I'll test out for you and review. LOL........ I can provide my own SIMs... I'm just lacking the hardware............ ;-/
    11-21-17 12:26 PM
    Motion came today. Definite upgrade to the Priv. Quicker response. Just got finished transferring all my data to it. So far, so good.
    11-21-17 02:33 PM
    Shouldn't matter if you're in Canada, so long as you have set your USA T-Mo profile up for WFC. If you have, and WFC isn't showing up on your phone (assuming an active T-Mo SIM), not a good sign.
    Last edited by scrannel; 11-27-17 at 02:09 PM.
    11-27-17 12:03 PM
    Shouldn't matter of you're in Canada, so long as you have set your USA T-Mo profile up for WFC. If you have, and WFC isn't showing up on your phone (assuming an active T-Mo SIM), not a good sign.
    Dunno if it is, never tried lol. Trying a T-Mobile SIM in Canada when I have no need for it wasn't exactly at the top of my priority list.
    11-27-17 12:04 PM
    You just need to set a 911 address on your Tmobile account and have a capable device to use WiFi calling, should work anywhere...

Here's how to change your e911 address:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1009
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    11-27-17 12:11 PM
    Correct, provided the SIM is in the phone of course -- and the phone sends the right UA string.
    11-27-17 01:38 PM