You owning Apple products then should tell you they are in a different league being irrelevant here... Have several Apple products myself knowing full well the support they deliver. So sorry that comparison isn't even remotely close
    I don’t get updates every month on iOS but sometimes a bundled twofer or even threefer occasionally. Of the Android hardware I own and the reports in Android Central, BBMo held it’s own for the first gen offering.compared with OEMs running a OEM version Android instead of a standardized version. The standardized Android One has only really become a standard the last 12-18 months or so. BBMo can’t even offer that even if desired.

We’ve come a long way in the last 36 months regarding updates in the mobile industry. Especially how fragmented Android is/was.
    11-16-19 05:35 PM
    Google defines consistent as "within 90 days" even for its enterprise program.

BBMo has been better than 60 days over 90% of the time.

You'd be hard-pressed to do any better than that outside of Android One.
    OK does Google's definition absolve BBMo of the commitment they themselves made?

Guess it depends on the spin one put on those numbers whether they impress. Personally they don't when all's said and done.

Yes agree, one would be hard-pressed to do any better yet believe BBMo "at one point" held themselves at a higher standard, as did many users.
    11-16-19 05:44 PM
    I don’t get updates every month on iOS but sometimes a bundled twofer or even threefer occasionally. Of the Android hardware I own and the reports in Android Central, BBMo held it’s own for the first gen offering.compared with OEMs running a OEM version Android instead of a standardized version. The standardized Android One has only really become a standard the last 12-18 months or so. BBMo can’t even offer that even if desired.

We’ve come a long way in the last 36 months regarding updates in the mobile industry. Especially how fragmented Android is/was.
    Oh I know how it works w/iOS. Support for 4-5 year old devices is still unprecedented in the Android world from what I know and probably a long way off yet, if ever.

Motion held it's own for first 8-9 months then like a lead balloon it fell from grace. The downturn, coincidence or not, coincided w/release of KEY2.

Still think we have a long way to go before "consistent" security updates on Android becomes mainstream, like Google's Pixel.
    11-16-19 06:28 PM
    Oh I know how it works w/iOS. Support for 4-5 year old devices is still unprecedented in the Android world from what I know and probably a long way off yet, if ever.

Motion held it's own for first 8-9 months then like a lead balloon it fell from grace. The downturn, coincidence or not, coincided w/release of KEY2.

Still think we have a long way to go before "consistent" security updates on Android becomes mainstream, like Google's Pixel.
    But that’s a proprietary device running proprietary software. That’s been my point. Apples to BlackBerries if you well. I’m not saying BBMo has done as good a job as Google with proprietary hardware. I’m saying compare it to it’s peers like mid tier phones from third party OEMs and such.
    11-16-19 06:44 PM
    But that’s a proprietary device running proprietary software. That’s been my point. Apples to BlackBerries if you well. I’m not saying BBMo has done as good a job as Google with proprietary hardware. I’m saying compare it to it’s peers like mid tier phones from third party OEMs and such.
    Well I'm just comparing BBMo to BBMo stating the fact they failed to meet their commitment on my device.

And not so sure I'd compare BB's of 2017-2019 to mid-tier's. PKB's, price premiums, and being touted as most secure, kind of puts them in a league of their own. Pretty good guess too those who bought-in were expecting a level of support much better than what they actually got, getting, or a mid-tier device could deliver.
    11-16-19 08:18 PM
    Well I'm just comparing BBMo to BBMo stating the fact they failed to meet their commitment on my device.

And not so sure I'd compare BB's of 2017-2019 to mid-tier's. PKB's, price premiums, and being touted as most secure, kind of puts them in a league of their own. Pretty good guess too those who bought-in were expecting a level of support much better than what they actually got, getting, or a mid-tier device could deliver.
    BBMo only said they would consistently deliver the monthly patches - not deliver patches monthly.

As I said, Google defines consistent as 90 days. BBMo does better than that.
    11-16-19 09:57 PM
    BBMo only said they would consistently deliver the monthly patches - not deliver patches monthly.

As I said, Google defines consistent as 90 days. BBMo does better than that.
    Hmmm....

"BlackBerry will consistently receive monthly Android security updates ensuring your device remains secure for a minimum of 24 months"

Consistently: in every case or on every occasion; invariably.
    Receive: be given, presented with, or paid (something).
    Monthly: once a month, by the month, occurring or appearing every month.

Yes that is BBMo's actual commitment statement when I came onboard w/Motion. Where exactly does is say deliver? And how can it be construed as anything other than monthly?
    11-16-19 10:59 PM
    For some reason this update will not go through to my Motion. I get an error message saying Try Again Later.

BBD 100-2 currently with ACD519 from September 5.

Is there a workaround ?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-19 06:04 PM
    For some reason this update will not go through to my Motion. I get an error message saying Try Again Later.

BBD 100-2 currently with ACD519 from September 5.

Is there a workaround ?

Posted via CB10
    Try the autoloader.

/blackberry-motion-f469/motion-acf202-autoloader-oct-patch-1177992/
    12-10-19 07:25 PM
    Will there be a software update for January on the Motion ??
    01-01-20 01:52 PM
    January 2018 and January 2019 most likely.
    01-01-20 01:58 PM
    so I presume this is either an error , or that's it for the BlackBerry Motion
    01-01-20 02:00 PM
    October was the last - the end of the 24 month commitment to security patches.
    01-01-20 03:01 PM
    thanx
    01-01-20 03:08 PM
    So, just wondering. Is 2 years a normal time frame for security updates. Seems very short to me for something (a cell phone) that realistically should last a lot longer. Do other manufacturers offer longer updates? For those of us who are security conscious in particular.
    01-14-20 10:23 PM
    So, just wondering. Is 2 years a normal time frame for security updates. Seems very short to me for something (a cell phone) that realistically should last a lot longer. Do other manufacturers offer longer updates? For those of us who are security conscious in particular.
    Some don't get any at all. Some get three years. It is what it is.
    01-15-20 12:18 AM
    Yep, it is. What's the best way to find out the update period for a phone (1 more thing for me to check when I look for another phone). It's really too bad because I like my Motion, and loved the BlackBerry security. But being an environmentalist (and cheap) I would like to keep my phone as long as possible.
    01-15-20 10:39 AM
    Yep, it is. What's the best way to find out the update period for a phone (1 more thing for me to check when I look for another phone). It's really too bad because I like my Motion, and loved the BlackBerry security. But being an environmentalist (and cheap) I would like to keep my phone as long as possible.
    Pixel, Samsung flagships, and all Android One devices are committed to 3 years.

OnePlus has been onboard with that too, although there is no written commitment afaik.
    01-15-20 10:49 AM
    Conite
    Thanks very much for the info. Very much appreciated. 3 years from device launch I'm assuming?
    01-15-20 10:51 AM
    Conite
    Thanks very much for the info. Very much appreciated. 3 years from device launch I'm assuming?
    Always from device launch, yes.
    01-15-20 11:05 AM
45 12