Yes. Marketing and carrier support are needed. Perhaps carrier support is coming.
    01-08-19 09:11 AM
    Without aggressive advertising you can’t garner much interest. I’ve NEVER seen a BlackBerry commercial past the BBOS10 devices.
    They came up with one recently in India for Evolve. Very ordinary TV commercial.
    01-08-19 01:34 PM
    They came up with one recently in India for Evolve. Very ordinary TV commercial.
    But a TV commercial none the less ....
    01-08-19 03:00 PM
    Just a quick question. Is the BlackBerry Motion still worth buying in 2019? Any input is welcome. Thanks.
    Yes indeed. BB Motion is still a very formidable device. The battery life coupled with the productivity makes the device super success.
    Further the updates on the device is hitherto regular. It is highly recommended to use a proper case or flip cover for the device to avoid any damage . My device got damaged due to my reluctance to use cases . The result is seen below .
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Motion still worth buying in 2019?-img_20190109_190758.jpg  
    adonesc likes this.
    01-09-19 07:42 AM
    But a TV commercial none the less ....
    Waste of money unfortunately. $10/per device x 1-1.5 million devices in just domestic media. What do larger participants spend per device? The domestic Android space is so competitive that’s probably all you’ll see because the competition will just negate the message.

The social media campaigns that reach the younger mobile demographic are more effective but may not be entirely Evolve demographic. Whatever the national heavyweight in business social media....

Personally spending the money in the business dominant carrier for sales promotion and enterprise inclusion might go farther. The Key2 LE on VZW is huge for this very reason. The KEYone on AT&T was the same way. I’m specifically talking about on the business side for both and less about the consumer side.

Enterprise and carriers purchase volume and BB licensees need some base volume.
    01-09-19 08:44 AM
    I bet that TCL is giving Verizon a very sweet deal for business phones. I would not be surprised if BlackBerry Canada is cooperating as Enterprise customers not consumers is their market as well.

Still a Chinese phone with a PKB will be a hard sell to employees if not to employers.

On a positive note, BBMo says that they sold 10,000 Key2’s to a Canadian bank.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-09-19 at 12:06 PM.
    adonesc likes this.
    01-09-19 11:21 AM
    Definitely Yes! I purchased as an upgrade from DTEK50 and very happy. I rarely use the camera or speakers, so the shortfalls others have mentioned are not a big concern for me. So far, I LOVE everything about it (especially getting nearly three days on a charge with moderate use!).

Regarding availability, they are difficult to find in the US. There is currently only one new offer for BBD100-2 USA Model on Amazon as of today @ $850. I would hold out until another 3rd party vendor makes a more reasonable offer as this one is clearly price gouging! That is what I did and ended up at just over $500. The one I purchased actually came from a Canadian seller. It took longer to get it with Customs and the like, but it was well worth it.
    adonesc and Jake2826 like this.
    01-09-19 12:35 PM
    yes!! just got one in US. my Leap was finally starting to get flakey !! so far the MO is Rocklin it!! only thing is my lingering dislike of androids!!! must admit that this BlackBerry version is actually impressing me?!!
    adonesc likes this.
    01-29-19 05:50 PM
    In near future will blackberry built RAM 6GB ,storage 128GB , Octa 2.8GHZ processor and 5000 capacity battery.
    adonesc and cb900f2 like this.
    01-30-19 04:41 AM
    Now, though, I've started to audit the individual BlackBerry-made apps for the presence of trackers. Guess what? BlackBerry Launcher appears to have two Google trackers built in: Ads, and Fire base Analytics. Why would Launcher need Google Ads in it?
    https://reports.exodus-privacy.eu.or...berrylauncher/
    BB Android uses the same apps that are on Google Play so the ad trackers are for Hub+ users that are using the free version. You won't see ads if you pay or have a BB Android device, I'm not sure the ad trackers are even loaded if you're not supposed to see them.
    03-10-19 11:35 AM
    Just a quick question. Is the BlackBerry Motion still worth buying in 2019? Any input is welcome. Thanks.
    I m using 6 months of motion , this is great battery life and horse processor.so far is great .
    Blackberry may consider to improve processor speed 2.5GB or above and storage minimum 64GB or above.
    03-10-19 08:18 PM
    I'd buy mine again. it's been a solid phone. The camera is acceptable. If I wanted pro level pics I'd buy a real camera. Lol.
    03-11-19 06:52 PM
    I'd buy mine again. it's been a solid phone. The camera is acceptable. If I wanted pro level pics I'd buy a real camera. Lol.
    Whaaaaat! The Motion's camera is the next best thing to pro level, must buy another then. LOL.
    03-13-19 05:06 AM
    Blackberry ( in whatever form) will be around for while longer despite all the negativity surrounding the brand . People like choice and for a while there was Apple or Samsung ....we have already seen Huawei overtake Apple in terms of the number of devices sold . Nokia is making a comeback albeit in a smaller way and now we have three licensees manufacturing and distributing devices under the BlackBerry banner ... I think you pointed out how many devices have already been released so far.... Not really that bad given a standing start .
    People like choice... and there is plenty of choice out there, just not much with PKB's - but then almost no one wants that choice anymore.

I'm not so sure we have three licensees anymore... Aurora was a flop and I can't even find PT BB Merah Putih website anymore (BlackBerry has it listed as http://www.bbmerahputih.co.id/ ) . Optiemus, finally got around to releasing one of their long promised two phones.... the other is still MIA after it's launch six months ago. The one they are selling, has seen several price cuts... Own their own all Optiemus has really done is distribute (some assembly required) the BBMo products... but with poor update support.

BBMo is really the only licensee doing anything... and they have taken 2019 off.

Have no idea what the minimum number of devices that BlackBerry Ltd needs to make their licensing and Android Software viable... but my guess is the numbers are not where they hoped they'd be after two years. Does this mean the end... probable not, but I think there will be changes.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    03-13-19 11:59 AM
    All I can say is, it's a solid phone. Battery life is overkill for my needs. Performance is adequate to good. Big phone, big screen, fun fingerprint sensor. I have a thinner case on mine and it has a nice weight to it and a comfortable footprint for a larger size phone.
    03-14-19 03:41 PM
    I am not sure how many photos people take with the Motion camera but it is good enough for me. I mostly use it to take photos of school documents.

I would say the Motion camera would have been a flagship level camera a few years ago.

I was perfectly happy with the Z10/Q10 camera as well.
    03-17-19 08:42 AM
    Hi Invictus, the issue for me is that the trackers are built into the apps in question. To my mind, that constitutes a backdoor surveillance capability, whether or not it is turned on. And I for one am reluctant to just trust Google that that capability won't be used for tracking the paid or BB users anyway. "Fool me once..."

One thing we should have learned by now about surveillance capitalists is that they don't ask for permission - they just take what they want without our knowledge or consent, and usually even when our permission is expressly denied to them. Then when found out they will pretend it was a "mistake" and ask our forgiveness while they "endeavour" to fix the issue (or some other euphemism that suggests they will do something, but usually never do - why would they?).

"Trust me, I'm from Google" ... erm, no. Never again.
    Definitely a concern for me, and I also value the ability of the DTEK app to designate sensitive permissions and notify me when they are used.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-17-19 09:00 AM
    I would say the Motion camera would have been a flagship level camera a few years ago.
    Maybe like 7-8 years ago LOL. Personally have to go back as far as 2012 finding a phone we owned that was worse. Our biggest gripe is the Motion inconsistencies in taking photos sometimes requiring several shots (and steadfast stillness) to achieve acceptability. On occasion it'll surprise me with a decent photo yet more often, not.
    03-17-19 12:55 PM
    Definitely a concern for me, and I also value the ability of the DTEK app to designate sensitive permissions and notify me when they are used.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Android Q will now disclose in the toolbar whenever any app is using permissions like microphone, camera or location services... and several new screens to allow you to better control and see what apps have what permission and how they use them over time.

XDA has done a write up on all the new privacy and permission tools in Android Q....

Might give BlackBerry some more tools to work with (once they get around to Android Q), or make BlackBerry's Android Secure irrelevant (at least for the cost associated with it).
    03-18-19 01:31 PM
    Android Q will now disclose in the toolbar whenever any app is using permissions like microphone, camera or location services... and several new screens to allow you to better control and see what apps have what permission and how they use them over time.

XDA has done a write up on all the new privacy and permission tools in Android Q....

Might give BlackBerry some more tools to work with (once they get around to Android Q), or make BlackBerry's Android Secure irrelevant (at least for the cost associated with it).
    Nothing would make me happier than having Android solve security and privacy issues natively. They've made good progress on security over the past several versions. However, their conflict of interest in offering robust privacy controls is so huge that I'm skeptical they will make progress on that front without intense regulatory or economic pressure.
    03-18-19 01:49 PM
    I bought the motion for the blackberry experience. It is truly
    a great phone for the price I got it at, on sale in Canada. I have been using BlackBerry since 2013 since the BlackBerry 10OS days. The motion has good speed for what I use it for with a sizable storage. Durable and well built. I didn't need it for the camera but the camera is good to my liking. Eleven months later and I still love this device. Looking forward to the next generation blackberry.
    03-21-19 09:30 AM
    I still love my motion
    03-21-19 05:05 PM
    I always found the camera very good for my purposes. Perfectly adequate.
    03-29-19 04:10 PM
    If you can find one for sale, sure. Mine still works great.
    03-30-19 04:33 PM
    If the Motion and the KEYone 4/64 BE share the same hardware specs, I’d buy a Motion, but only a new one, if available $300USD or less from Amazon direct.
    03-30-19 04:48 PM
214 ... 45678 ...