I've had my Motion for about 4 weeks now. It's performed very well, and after the DTEK 50, I'm pleased.

However, my one concern is the rear metal plate at the top. It feels a bit spongy. I press lightly against it and it feels like there's a bit of give. Sometimes it seems to bulge outwards a little or perhaps it's my imagination?

Is this normal for the Motion?
    03-09-18 03:18 PM
    I haven't noticed that on mine.

My one concern is that it will not continue to be fully supported. Based solely on the low activity of this forum, it doesn't seem to have been selling well.

I am really enjoying the device, fwiw.
    Last edited by jagrlover; 03-09-18 at 04:54 PM.
    03-09-18 04:16 PM
    Low forum activity could mean less problems, less gripes...
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-09-18 06:12 PM
    I moved from an iPhone to the Blackberry Motion and I love it! I haven't noticed one issue with it. I really love the battery life and pretty much everything about the phone. I've had most BlackBerry phones over the years and many iPhones as well. The Blackberry Motion is a keeper
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-09-18 08:05 PM
    Could also mean low sales.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    03-09-18 08:24 PM
    Mine doesn't feel Sponge Bob-ish at the top or anywhere else. Love the phone, BTW.
    03-09-18 09:33 PM
    Could also mean low sales.

To be honest, I would be very surprised that the Motion will have surpassed even the lowest of expectations. Already after its inception I thought the Motion sure as hell wasn't going to sell well.

On pictures, the device looks quite out of date with its big chin and no glass/alluminum back. For most audiences, the Motion is a very unappealing phone. Especially since it's not even offered on contract.

Which is a pity because I think it's an absolutely great device. With its durable design, great screen, BlackBerry Android software, and of course it's monstrous battery life.

But BlackBerry Mobile really needs to step up their game in order to appeal to at least some wider audience. Look at HMD, they are doing great with their Nokia devices. Or ASUS with the new Zenfone. Great phones for a great price.

The fact that I, a life long BlackBerry fanatic, am contemplating of switching to the ASUS Zenfone 5 really says something.
    KellyM4 likes this.
    03-10-18 02:07 AM
    To be honest, I would be very surprised that the Motion will have surpassed even the lowest of expectations. Already after its inception I thought the Motion sure as hell wasn't going to sell well.

On pictures, the device looks quite out of date with its big chin and no glass/alluminum back. For most audiences, the Motion is a very unappealing phone. Especially since it's not even offered on contract.

Which is a pity because I think it's an absolutely great device. With its durable design, great screen, BlackBerry Android software, and of course it's monstrous battery life.

But BlackBerry Mobile really needs to step up their game in order to appeal to at least some wider audience. Look at HMD, they are doing great with their Nokia devices. Or ASUS with the new Zenfone. Great phones for a great price.

The fact that I, a life long BlackBerry fanatic, am contemplating of switching to the ASUS Zenfone 5 really says something.
    I think BBM had very low expectations for Motion as it is.
    I don't they are ever going to compete at the price point of Nokia or Asus.
    Tbh, BlackBerry has never been about offering the best of specs for a competitive price.
    Their value/features lie more on the software/security side of things which consumers hardly care about.
    The KEYᴼᴺᴱ sold so well solely because of the keyboard I feel.
    Lets see what lies ahead in terms of the 2nd generation of devices from BBM. I expect them to get a lot of more competitive with regard to features and offer a better specs to price ratio inspite of maintaining the same price point as the KEYᴼᴺᴱ.

03-10-18 02:18 AM
    So the Motion ain't no iPhone or Samsung, do we care? No! or else we would have bought one of them phones so that's a mute point. I am enjoying my Motion and really don't feel that I am missing something because it isn't an iPhone or Samsung. This phone and my KeyOne do what I need them to do..... communicate, ain't that what a phone is supposed to do?
    Elky64 likes this.
    03-10-18 03:09 PM
    You bet!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-18 06:31 PM
    So the Motion ain't no iPhone or Samsung, do we care? No! or else we would have bought one of them phones so that's a mute point. I am enjoying my Motion and really don't feel that I am missing something because it isn't an iPhone or Samsung. This phone and my KeyOne do what I need them to do..... communicate, ain't that what a phone is supposed to do?
    Hear, hear!!!

My Motion has turned out to be the most used and productive to-date. I also own the GS7 & GS7 Edge, although their cameras are far superior (IMO) not finding, for my type of use, where the Motion trails in its abilities at all. A definite workhorse it has turned out to be and it didn't cost an arm and a leg either.
    Last edited by Elky64; 03-10-18 at 11:18 PM.
    03-10-18 07:51 PM
    Very pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoy the Motion as well! Not gimmicky it just works where a phone need to, and doesn't get lost in the glitz and glamor of others. love it.
    03-10-18 11:12 PM
    I've had my Motion for about 4 weeks now. It's performed very well, and after the DTEK 50, I'm pleased.

However, my one concern is the rear metal plate at the top. It feels a bit spongy. I press lightly against it and it feels like there's a bit of give. Sometimes it seems to bulge outwards a little or perhaps it's my imagination?

Is this normal for the Motion?
    Is the top actually metal? I assumed it was plastic or something, since it's not the same nice aluminum as the rest of the trim
    03-10-18 11:32 PM
    This is true. Really not much to complain about when it comes to the motion. It's a solid device with great battery life
    03-11-18 12:37 AM
    Is the top actually metal? I assumed it was plastic or something, since it's not the same nice aluminum as the rest of the trim
    According to one Motion review I saw (used knife to scrape/cut top) it is most definitely plastic.
    03-11-18 10:21 AM
    According to one Motion review I saw (used knife to scrape/cut top) it is most definitely plastic.
    Mine definitely feels like it... top feels much cheaper than the rest of the trim.
    03-11-18 12:24 PM
    Mine definitely feels like it... top feels much cheaper than the rest of the trim.
    Yes it does sorta feel cheep in a way. The fit-n-finish on mine looks good so other than when one gets up close and personal is it apparent it's of inferior quality compared to the rest of the phone.. Always use a case so 99.9% of the time no one's the wiser. 😜
    03-11-18 12:52 PM
    Yep it's definitely plastic . The phone is still solid though
    03-11-18 02:33 PM
    Hmm, begin plastic would explain why it feels so springy when I push on it.

I think it's supposed to be glued down but on mine the glue hasn't joined the two pieces correctly.
    03-11-18 02:57 PM