Although I really like my dTek50 (have never had a single problem with it), the memory is now a serious issue. I was thinking about just moving up to the dTek60 but this model seriously intrigues me - yes or no?

What is the main feature that made you upgrade?
    01-28-18 09:11 AM
    Although I really like my dTek50 (have never had a single problem with it), the memory is now a serious issue. I was thinking about just moving up to the dTek60 but this model seriously intrigues me - yes or no?

Get a Motion instead. You'll have 2 more years of support and an upgrade to at least Oreo.
    z10girl, Sarek1701, Gajja and 1 others like this.
    01-28-18 09:17 AM
    +1 for the Motion. Well built. Smoothe operation. A little pricey but all things considered looks good overall. Coming from a Z30 this is a very fine option for me.
    Gajja likes this.
    01-28-18 09:22 AM
    +1 for Motion. Great piece of kit. Dtek is EOL actually...
    Gajja likes this.
    01-28-18 09:30 AM
    I had a dtek50 also and moved on to both a K1 and a Motion.
    01-28-18 09:58 AM
    Motion for a multitude of reasons. Battery size and life is big one. I believe Motion was many learned improvements from DTEK series.
    z10girl likes this.
    01-28-18 10:01 AM
    Thanks for all your input. I'm leaning towards the Motion even as I sit here streamlining my dTek50, which is hard to do, considering there is not much on it, but what is there is heavily used. This will be my 3rd BB, as I was a Nokia user in a previous life, and this new model seems to be more of what I'm looking for (almost 2 years ago...) Just doing a lot of reading now...
    Gajja likes this.
    01-28-18 10:29 AM
    I got a Motion a few days ago, a definite upgrade from my Priv. No regrets at all.
    01-28-18 10:32 AM
    Get a Motion instead. You'll have 2 more years of support and an upgrade to at least Oreo.
    This ^
    the brother likes this.
    01-28-18 10:52 AM

Best upgrade for you will be BlackBerry Motion. The device is very good.
    the brother likes this.
    01-28-18 11:37 AM

I highly recommend the Motion. I had Dtek50 before the Motion. Sadly my Dtek50 died in some water. The motion will blow your mind if you love the Dtek50!
    the brother likes this.
    01-28-18 01:16 PM
    Motion for a multitude of reasons. Battery size and life is big one. I believe Motion was many learned improvements from DTEK series.
    Good point, but I also think at this point.......any phone would do. The I phone 8 Plus would be an excellent choice. Smooth does it all and best part, the OS should be updated for a very long time. Not the 2 years or less on Android. I think in the end BlackBerry is just a selling gimmick. No reason to stay unless you want to.
    IndianTiwari and Mecca EL like this.
    01-29-18 01:05 PM
    Why would any priv or dteck owner stick with blackberry after getting the shaft?
    01-29-18 02:25 PM
    Why would any priv or dteck owner stick with blackberry after getting the shaft?
    Because BlackBerry is not in the business anymore, and TCL is another company entirely that simply pays BlackBerry for its software and brand name.
    01-29-18 04:12 PM
    No reason to stay unless you want to.
    Well that goes the same for anything.

If the extra battery life, security, and durability isn't your bag, then for sure look at other devices.

I don't think BlackBerry Mobile pretends to be all things to all people.
    allsportsfan likes this.
    01-29-18 04:14 PM
    Good point, but I also think at this point.......any phone would do. The I phone 8 Plus would be an excellent choice. Smooth does it all and best part, the OS should be updated for a very long time. Not the 2 years or less on Android. I think in the end BlackBerry is just a selling gimmick. No reason to stay unless you want to.
    Sure stay if you want to OP. The BlackBerry name gets you their software/apps free on the device, and weather proofing on the Motion is good at the price. Sure look at iPhone but at "iPrices" it's a bit of a mug's game (English Phrase).
    01-30-18 05:40 AM
    Because you can get the shaft from any organisation, they've all done it.
    bigjman likes this.
    01-30-18 05:42 AM
    Sure stay if you want to OP. The BlackBerry name gets you their software/apps free on the device, and weather proofing on the Motion is good at the price. Sure look at iPhone but at "iPrices" it's a bit of a mug's game (English Phrase).
    >I must disagree with you. I have been with BlackBerry since the beginning and the Motion is just another slab. The I phone 8 plus is a great phone ( I use a passport as my daily driver) smooth and priced right. One important thing would be support apples OS is supported for years, can't say the same for Android
    Bbnivende and IndianTiwari like this.
    01-30-18 06:20 AM
    if you came fron the dtek50 go upgarde to the motion. I have a dtek60
    the brother likes this.
    01-30-18 06:49 AM
    >I must disagree with you. I have been with BlackBerry since the beginning and the Motion is just another slab. The I phone 8 plus is a great phone ( I use a passport as my daily driver) smooth and priced right. One important thing would be support apples OS is supported for years, can't say the same for Android
    You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. Apple's OS support is longer than Google's but even so the OS on anyone's make of smartphone still works for ages after the support has ended and no manufacturer, not Apple or anyone, can keep the hardware up to date, after a few years the new features added as part of the OS support are just not going to run well (or maybe not at all) on the old supported phone. Yes the Motion is another slab, with BlackBerry flavour. How does it's price compare to the price of a new iphone8plus in your country?
    01-30-18 10:23 AM
    You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. Apple's OS support is longer than Google's but even so the OS on anyone's make of smartphone still works for ages after the support has ended and no manufacturer, not Apple or anyone, can keep the hardware up to date, after a few years the new features added as part of the OS support are just not going to run well (or maybe not at all) on the old supported phone. Yes the Motion is another slab, with BlackBerry flavour. How does it's price compare to the price of a new iphone8plus in your country?
    The I Phone 8 plus is 200 dollars more than new BlackBerry, Also one other point, my friend had a I Phone 3. It ran fine, changed out the battery a few times. But only last year Apple stopped supporting the phone. An amazing run. This discussion reminds me of when computers came out, people needed the fastest and greatest. But truthfully anything would have worked, since most people get emails and web serf.
    oberkfell likes this.
    01-30-18 12:41 PM
    I would go with the Motion. Dtek60? Isn't the DTEK50 and Dtek60 in the same boat as the Priv with updates?
    the brother likes this.
    01-31-18 12:02 AM
    I have just bought a Motion after about a year and a half with the DTEK50.

Although it hasn't arrived yet my main reason for switching is the battery no longer lasts a day, even with my relatively frugal phone usage. Also, I'm finding it somewhat sluggish even after clearing caches.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for um, Android
    zoomzoom71 likes this.
    01-31-18 01:18 AM
    While the Motion is generally seen as a midrange device, it is actually much much better than a lot of 'high end' phones in the market. The built quality is extremely good and premium, and the processor is plenty fast. The battery is an absolute monster, I easily get through 2 days and I have even been able to reach 3 (!!!). Only downside is the camera that is quite good generally, but poor in low light. also the screen is not as nice as Amoled, but definitely on par with iPhone 8 Plus
    RashKoms77 likes this.
    01-31-18 04:34 PM
    if you came fron the dtek50 go upgarde to the motion. I have a dtek60
    Did you move from the 60 to the Motion? If so, your thoughts please. Processor speed is a big problem for me. Seems like a serious downgrade. Anyone with thoughts, please chime in. Conite?
    02-01-18 02:00 PM
99 123 ...