Hi Guys!,

I would like to share with all this interesting BlackBerry Motion review by AndroidCentral website:

https://www.androidcentral.com/black...ampaign=social

Regards!
    Last edited by Luciano GC; 01-24-18 at 10:23 PM.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    01-24-18 10:09 PM
    Nice find, thanks for sharing. Good to see BlackBerry's virtual keyboard getting recognized.
    Luciano GC likes this.
    01-24-18 11:05 PM
    Nice find, thanks for sharing. Good to see BlackBerry's virtual keyboard getting recognized.
    Thank you very much Invictus0 !,
    I shared this post because I thought it had an interesting point of view about BlackBerry+Android...
    01-25-18 07:05 AM
    So basically, the future of Android is GSM-only mid-level (at best) phones with large batteries and lousy cameras. Got it.
    pdr733 and moonflyer like this.
    01-25-18 09:21 AM
    So basically, the future of Android is GSM-only mid-level (at best) phones with large batteries and lousy cameras. Got it.
    Mid-level is more than enough for 80% of the market. Enthusiasts on mobile phone forums are not the general population. The Motion and KEYone run all my apps as fast as I could ever wish, and I've had no problem with the camera.

If you prefer the fastest processor and best camera/software combo, then get the phone that meets your needs. Personally, I take an average of one or two photos a week and don't care about the quality much. If I did, I'd use a camera, not a phone.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-25-18 09:36 AM
    What phone are you using now?
    01-25-18 09:38 AM
    I disagree with you, in my opinion, this post isn't go in that direction...
    01-25-18 09:44 AM
    Mid-level is more than enough for 80% of the market. Enthusiasts on mobile phone forums are not the general population. The Motion and KEYone run all my apps as fast as I could ever wish, and I've had no problem with the camera.

If you prefer the fastest processor and best camera/software combo, then get the phone that meets your needs. Personally, I take an average of one or two photos a week and don't care about the quality much. If I did, I'd use a camera, not a phone.

Very excellent response!, It's exactly what I think!
    mrsimon likes this.
    01-25-18 10:31 AM
    Hi Guys!,

I would like to share with all this interesting BlackBerry Motion review by AndroidCentral website:

https://www.androidcentral.com/black...ampaign=social

Regards!
    Thanks for sharing. The review covers all the relevant aspects of BlackBerry Motion. The device though a little overpriced but is great utilitarian device .
    Luciano GC likes this.
    01-25-18 12:23 PM
    Thank you @luciano!!
    Luciano GC likes this.
    01-25-18 12:24 PM
    If one means function over form... good direction.
    01-25-18 12:57 PM
    Thanks for sharing. The review covers all the relevant aspects of BlackBerry Motion. The device though a little overpriced but is great utilitarian device .
    You're welcome @IndianTiwari!, many thanks to you!
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    01-25-18 01:35 PM
    Thank you @luciano!!
    Hi @IndianTiwari!,
    You're welcome!, I think its a very good review!. Also, in my opinion it's quite objective.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    01-25-18 01:37 PM
    or did they mean that near stock Android is the future, I can never understand why manufacturers add skins to their phones. Samsung make great phones then totally ruin them with a silly skin duplicating many of the superior stock Android apps. Blackberry add unique and valid features.
    Luciano GC likes this.
    01-25-18 02:43 PM
    Future looks bright! Lol.
    01-25-18 09:58 PM
    ...pretty much an exact fit for most people's usage case...
    01-26-18 07:57 AM
    Yes, they just need the "lousy" camera to become an average camera and they'll be good.

moonflyer likes this.
    01-26-18 08:43 AM
    I thought I was average consumers but I guess I wasn't
    01-26-18 08:13 PM
    Not sure what difference it would make, since we are discussing the Motion, but I generally use a Samsung S8 if that's ok with you.
    01-27-18 09:50 AM
    Not sure what difference it would make, since we are discussing the Motion, but I generally use a Samsung S8 if that's ok with you.
    If you are satisfied, I'm satisfied for you. :-)

01-27-18 11:19 AM
    It is for me, at least. I will be damned if I will pay 1G for a phone then 1-2 years later when updates are not coming, have to buy another. Mid-level is good for me. YMMV.
    phuoc, Jrox74 and Elky64 like this.
    01-27-18 11:26 AM
    It is for me, at least. I will be damned if I will pay 1G for a phone then 1-2 years later when updates are not coming, have to buy another. Mid-level is good for me. YMMV.
    I've decided going forward that my mobile phone hardware budget is $15 / mo. If the support guarantee is two years, I'll spend $360. If it's three, I'll spend $540, etc.

Since June 2007, I've spent a total of $1,600 on three primary phones, which amounts to $12.60/mo., so my new budget is almost a 20% increase over my historical spending. That's enough.

Beyond the basics, mobile just doesn't offer me enough value to spend more than that, so I'm getting off the expensive merry-go-round. If that means I don't buy new anymore, I'm good with that. My preference is that Android and OEMs step up their game and build in longer support guarantees, but I won't hold my breath.

Last edited by bb10adopter111; 01-27-18 at 12:46 PM.
    phuoc and Elky64 like this.
    01-27-18 11:48 AM
    My sediments exactly. Still not sure where we'll end up with the Motion on the update front but at least we can be assured of one thing, our pocket book is thanking me LOL.
    01-27-18 12:49 PM
    I've decided going forward that my mobile phone hardware budget is $15 / mo. If the support guarantee is two years, I'll spend $360. If it's three, I'll spend $540, etc.

Since June 2007, I've spent a total of $1,600 on three primary phones, which amounts to $12.60/mo., so my new budget is almost a 20% increase over my historical spending. That's enough.

Beyond the basics, mobile just doesn't offer me enough value to spend more than that, so I'm getting off the expensive merry-go-round. If that means I don't buy new anymore, I'm good with that. My preference is that Android and OEMs step up their game and build in longer support guarantees, but I won't hold my breath.

Good on you, nothing wrong with setting limits for yourself. I'm moving towards that goal but the techie in me still succumbs to the pressures on occasion LOL.

As for support guarantees. Other than a chosen few not seeing this being the norm for some time to come if ever. Too many factors involved (carriers, device variants, anything besides stock Android, manufactures, and so on) for that to happen. The only guarantee I think we CAN be assured of is higher prices as we move forward - some manufactures are showing up with more reasonable priced, decently spec'd devices but don't see this as meaning much at this point but I could be wrong.
    01-27-18 01:51 PM
    Good on you, nothing wrong with setting limits for yourself. I'm moving towards that goal but the techie in me still succumbs to the pressures on occasion LOL.

As for support guarantees. Other than a chosen few not seeing this being the norm for some time to come if ever. Too many factors involved (carriers, device variants, anything besides stock Android, manufactures, and so on) for that to happen. The only guarantee I think we CAN be assured of is higher prices as we move forward - some manufactures are showing up with more reasonable priced, decently spec'd devices but don't see this as meaning much at this point but I could be wrong.
    My weakness is still for high-end engineering PCs. I'm looking forward to dropping almost $6,000 on a laptop! The difference is that that device will pay for itself in about 18 months.

Elky64 likes this.
    01-27-18 02:15 PM
30 12