So my Motion has started to freeze on me, for example when opening the phone app I can't make a call, or if I'm on a call and want to end it I can't. Sending an email it will take forever to open I have rebooted, so does anyone else experience the same issues ??
    02-20-18 08:40 AM
    Can try clearing the Device Cache

Can try deleting any recent applications

Can try a Factory Reset

Can try a Factory Reset and setup as new with no old data

Can call BBMo support
    02-20-18 08:59 AM
    My experience with the device has been spectacular so far.
    02-20-18 01:43 PM
    this is weird every single time there's a pop up that says this app has stopped working close app or wait
    02-20-18 02:02 PM
    So my Motion has started to freeze on me, for example when opening the phone app I can't make a call, or if I'm on a call and want to end it I can't. Sending an email it will take forever to open I have rebooted, so does anyone else experience the same issues ??
    Return it
    02-20-18 02:22 PM
    Have you installed or updated any apps recently? What are your battery usage stats like (to try and rule out a specific app causing problems)?
    02-20-18 02:29 PM
    recently I installed beta bbm
    02-20-18 05:25 PM
    recently I installed beta bbm
    Try uninstalling it, restarting your device, and see if that helps?
    02-20-18 07:48 PM
    This caught my eye. My Dtek60 occasionally gets a black screen also when I make a call. The call goes through, but I can't hang up even if I dialed a wrong number, unless I restart the phone!
    Everything else works fine and this happens only rarely.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    02-22-18 06:04 AM
    Do you have a memory card in the BlackBerry Motion? Maybe the card is broken and causes the problems.
    02-22-18 06:16 AM
    Do you have a memory card in the BlackBerry Motion? Maybe the card is broken and causes the problems.
    Yes. This is the most probable cause for sluggish performance of the phone. Else Motion is pretty stable and smooth functioning device barring a few issues with Contacts and SMS in built apps.
    02-22-18 06:59 AM
    Hard reset the device, this most of the OS problems
    02-22-18 07:05 AM
    I have the Motion from shortly after it came out. It has been very stable up to about a few months ago. Over time it more often required to be restarted to lot in to the phone. It reached the point where the phone was not stable enough to be used.

I backed up all my user files and photos. I then did a google backup of all the installed programs and settings on to the Google Backup Cloud.

I then did a total wipe of the phone to make it clean. I brought it back to the factory settings. It came back with the original factory installed OS, as it was like when I took it out of the box.

I then went through all the setups with the WiFi connection, and then logging in to my Google account. I simply followed all the steps. I also put back my password settings and my preferences. I then restored the phone from the Google Cloud Backup that I previously made. Everything came back successfully.

During the process I was prompted to re-install the operating system to a newer version. I followed through. Once it got going on this it took a long time. It did this in a number of stages. So far it is about four hours since I did this wipe and re-install, and it has been stable. Before I did this, the phone was locking up even while being used, and going back to being frozen on the start screen.

If this problem now persists, I am going to bring it back to the dealer to send it for warranty service. Got no other choice. Somehow, my feeling is this is or was a software issue with the OS, and maybe an update that did not fully install properly, or something like that. I do support for MS Windows computers, and I have seen a bad update cause a computer to become non stable. I also find Windows issues a lot easier for me to deal with than these phones. At least with Windows I have no limitation to how deep and far I can go, and the available information is in greater availability and in greater detail.

08-25-18 03:00 PM