I think the current unlocked price for the Motion is ridiculously high given the mi range spec. Having said that, what's the best price you've seen in Canada?
    01-08-18 07:45 PM
    Curious where you're seeing it available for purchase unlocked outside of carriers inflated off contract pricing. It's not officially sold unlocked in Canada as of yet unless it's from a vendor not utilizing the MSRP. PDA Plaza is the only one that comes close to the MSRP and it's for the EMEA versions. Amazon and mostly every other retailer are charging higher pricing and that's not BlackBerry Mobiles fault lol.
    01-08-18 09:49 PM
    Curious where you're seeing it available for purchase unlocked outside of carriers inflated off contract pricing. It's not officially sold unlocked in Canada as of yet unless it's from a vendor not utilizing the MSRP. PDA Plaza is the only one that comes close to the MSRP and it's for the EMEA versions.
    Showing on Amazon USA for $612.68 from Blueshop.
    01-08-18 09:54 PM
    Showing on Amazon USA for $612.68 from Blueshop.
    Ok, but that's not Canada and when an official listing for the US does get listed it will be at the MSRP of $449.99. Technically, it's not available for purchase as of yet in Canada unlocked unless you count the fact carriers are required to sell devices unlocked, so what you're seeing is inflated pricing from those who are making it available despite the unofficial nature. No one should buy it at anything beyond the MSRP unless you have money to burn or REALLY can't live without it.
    01-08-18 09:54 PM
    Ok, but that's not Canada.
    I'm waiting for my complimentary Motion courtesy of the Bla1ze Army. Deduct shipping and handling from volunteer paycheck. I'm a level 4.
    01-08-18 09:59 PM
    I'm waiting for my complimentary Motion courtesy of the Bla1ze Army. Deduct shipping and handling from volunteer paycheck. I'm a level 4.
    When did my army start issuing devices? lol
    01-08-18 10:02 PM
    Curious where you're seeing it available for purchase unlocked outside of carriers inflated off contract pricing. It's not officially sold unlocked in Canada as of yet unless it's from a vendor not utilizing the MSRP. PDA Plaza is the only one that comes close to the MSRP and it's for the EMEA versions. Amazon and mostly every other retailer are charging higher pricing and that's not BlackBerry Mobiles fault lol.
    Best Buy Canada $599.99 https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=iaCedcPk
    01-08-18 10:04 PM
    This must be a newish listing. Same with Blueshop - http://www.blueshop.ca/blackberry-mo...A264A27999.htm. Right now, BlackBerry Mobile hasn't even officially announced unlocked availability in Canada but it's expected at any point. At least that one is at MSRP. If OP thinks that price is nuts well, that's the price lol.

Edit: Pow! There is the official announcement - GSM unlocked BlackBerry Motion now available in Canada!
    01-08-18 10:05 PM
    When did my army start issuing devices? lol
    Soon as you ship it to me.... I'll confirm receipt and you'll be mightier than CBK ever was. I've never heard of CBK army, even now. Have you?
    01-08-18 10:06 PM
    And in fact now shipping in Canada. I have will have stock as of tomorrow (10th) 1PM.
    01-09-18 02:20 PM
    I can buy a Huawei Mate 9 for C$570, so why would I pay C$599 for a Motion? No, really, it's a serious question. What makes the Motion so great that they can ask C$599 for it?
    01-09-18 02:24 PM
    I can buy a Huawei Mate 9 for C$570, so why would I pay C$599 for a Motion? No, really, it's a serious question. What makes the Motion so great that they can ask C$599 for it?
    People that prefer BBAndroid over whatever another device runs. If people will pay an extra $29 CDN, that pays for something as possible small profit. The days of cheap BB devices since nobody wants is hopefully over.
    01-09-18 02:28 PM
    People that prefer BBAndroid over whatever another device runs. If people will pay an extra $29 CDN, that pays for something as possible small profit. The days of cheap BB devices since nobody wants is hopefully over.
    Yup, BBandroid, where every major update takes so long, most people switch devices before it happens. Then again, maybe that’s what B.B./TCL want.

Correct me if I am wrong but since the day that B.B. went android over 2 years ago, only ONE major android update was ever pushed by them and that was the Marshmallow update for the Priv. So far, they are full of talk and nothing else.

And when were the days of “cheap B.B. devices”? As far as I can remember, they were always under spec’d and overpriced. Yada yada yada, bb no longer makes devices.
    01-09-18 06:46 PM
    Yup, BBandroid, where every major update takes so long, most people switch devices before it happens. Then again, maybe that’s what B.B./TCL want.

Correct me if I am wrong but since the day that B.B. went android over 2 years ago, only ONE major android update was ever pushed by them and that was the Marshmallow update for the Priv. So far, they are full of talk and nothing else.

And when were the days of “cheap B.B. devices”? As far as I can remember, they were always under spec’d and overpriced. Yada yada yada, bb no longer makes devices.
    Every BB10 device made priced low for it's time and specs. BB had to discount BB10 devices to get rid of the unwanted inventory that it had produced from all the components it had from its purchase commitments.
    01-09-18 09:13 PM
    Every BB10 device made priced low for it's time and specs. BB had to discount BB10 devices to get rid of the unwanted inventory that it had produced from all the components it had from its purchase commitments.
    That’s not how I remember it. The Z10 launched at iPhone level pricing with virtually no native apps, random shutdowns and various other issues. The cpu was already outdated at launch. The classic was a joke in terms of specs and still commanded a high price (still does to this day on amazon!). The z30 and leap also had outdated specs with a higher than should have been price point. The passport was really the only bb10 device with a reasonable specs to price ratio.

The discounting is a separate issue. When Chen finally threw in the towel (unofficially of course as bb kept lying to its customers by saying they are “committed to bb10”), they discounted the devices to clear inventory. Even then, the discounts were a joke considering the devices were EOLed.

To the keyone and Motion owners waiting for Oreo, good luck!
    01-09-18 11:33 PM
    That’s not how I remember it. The Z10 launched at iPhone level pricing with virtually no native apps, random shutdowns and various other issues. The cpu was already outdated at launch. ...
    Yep, that's how I remember it too.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-18 09:08 AM
    Yep, that's how I remember it too.

Posted via CB10
    I got it cheap through AT&T shortly after launch but we released month later than Canada I think.
    01-10-18 09:29 AM
    I got it cheap through AT&T shortly after launch but we released month later than Canada I think.
    Define "cheap". It was still $400CAD carrier locked in October after launch.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-18 09:37 AM
    Define "cheap". It was still $400CAD carrier locked in October after launch.

Posted via CB10
    Back then for me, $199USD since they weren't enforcing upgrade rules. I bought on contract and few months later bought a Q10 same price. I bought 9900 6-8 months before Z and 12 months before the Q. That was 3 devices in 12 months for $600 bucks. Seriously, they weren't in demand so they were dumping cheap.
    01-10-18 09:58 AM
    That’s not how I remember it. The Z10 launched at iPhone level pricing with virtually no native apps, random shutdowns and various other issues. The cpu was already outdated at launch. The classic was a joke in terms of specs and still commanded a high price (still does to this day on amazon!). The z30 and leap also had outdated specs with a higher than should have been price point. The passport was really the only bb10 device with a reasonable specs to price ratio.

The discounting is a separate issue. When Chen finally threw in the towel (unofficially of course as bb kept lying to its customers by saying they are “committed to bb10”), they discounted the devices to clear inventory. Even then, the discounts were a joke considering the devices were EOLed.

To the keyone and Motion owners waiting for Oreo, good luck!
    I bought the Z30 and Leap factory unlocked cheap in early to mid 2015. Between $199 Leap and $249 Z30. The devices were cheap for the base specs. GSM Z30 wasn't popular in USA because missing AT&T LTE bands for most of the USA. The Leap had the LTE bands and zero carrier support. The Leap was the DTEK before the PRIV.
    01-10-18 10:05 AM