Looks like the Motion isn't available through Rogers. Does anyone know if Rogers will be a carrying it?
    11-15-17 04:41 PM
    No idea.

But you can buy it full pop and unlocked from Telus or Bell.
    11-15-17 06:20 PM
    No idea.

Are all the Motions sold by carriers in Canada now factory unlocked?
    11-15-17 09:06 PM
    Are all the Motions sold by carriers in Canada now factory unlocked?
    Yes. The new law begins Jan 1, so they should all be selling unlocked devices.

And they will supposedly be factory unlocked to boot.
    11-15-17 09:22 PM
    What about India

Posted via CB10
    11-15-17 09:28 PM
    What about India

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure if Optiemus Infracom is going to make another deal with TCL to carry it, like they did with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    11-15-17 09:36 PM
    The requirement for carriers not to sell locked devices as of January only applies to Canada.
    11-15-17 09:37 PM
    I'm not sure if Optiemus Infracom is going to make another deal with TCL to carry it, like they did with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    Was the Optiemus deal through TCL though? The Keyone was a BlackBerry design so they might have just licensed it from them, TCL isn't manufacturing Indian devices either.

BlackBerry KEYone smartphone comes with a global price tag, made in India stamp | The Indian Express
    11-15-17 11:00 PM
    Was the Optiemus deal through TCL though? The Keyone was a BlackBerry design so they might have just licensed it from them, TCL isn't manufacturing Indian devices either.

BlackBerry KEYone smartphone comes with a global price tag, made in India stamp | The Indian Express
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ design is owned by TCL exclusively. They made a sub-licence deal with Optiemus Infracom for India.

https://crackberry.com/understanding...-business-unit
    11-15-17 11:35 PM
    Looks like the Motion isn't available through Rogers. Does anyone know if Rogers will be a carrying it?
    Keep firing away @rogersbuzz and @RogersHelps on twitter. They will cave eventually and at least offer on line orders as Telus did with the keyone
    the brother likes this.
    11-15-17 11:38 PM
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ design is owned by TCL exclusively. They made a sub-licence deal with Optiemus Infracom for India.

https://crackberry.com/understanding...-business-unit
    That's the only post I can find on this as well, Optiemus and TCL certainly collaborated on the initial launch but I can't find any statements that BlackBerry gave the design exclusively to TCL.

If they own the design it must have happened between this interview and the Keyone launch but I can't find any statements about it.

BlackBerry CEO mulls release of one last in-house designed handset | Financial Post
    11-16-17 12:23 AM
    I had mine shipped to the USA from (Axiom) in Dubai. I've had it for two days now. Battery currently at 37%, from a 100% 27 hours ago!!!!! #LoveIt
    the brother likes this.
    11-16-17 07:48 AM
    what about the United States?
    tickerguy likes this.
    11-17-17 10:26 AM
    No idea.

Telus will not release an outright device purchase until 90 days after launch. This information came from Client Care (Telus Retention) today.
    11-17-17 11:10 AM
    I hope that Vodafone in Czech Republic will list Motion into the phone offers. I would love grab one through my employee benefit program...

Posted via CB10
    11-17-17 11:31 AM
    Telus will not release an outright device purchase until 90 days after launch. This information came from Client Care (Telus Retention) today.
    I guess then you just need to know someone who already has an account with Telus or Bell.
    Last edited by conite; 11-17-17 at 04:11 PM.
    11-17-17 11:51 AM
    I had mine shipped to the USA from (Axiom) in Dubai. I've had it for two days now. Battery currently at 37%, from a 100% 27 hours ago!!!!! #LoveIt
    What carrier are you on
    11-17-17 01:19 PM
    Not true. You can order from telus' website and it will deliver to your door. I did it and I'm not a telus customer. Paid $710 with taxes (they force you to purchase a sim card)
    the brother likes this.
    11-17-17 03:57 PM
    Not true. You can order from telus' website and it will deliver to your door. I did it and I'm not a telus customer. Paid $710 with taxes (they force you to purchase a sim card)
    You could remove it from the last step.
    11-17-17 05:02 PM
    I guess then you just need to know someone who already has an account with Telus or Bell.
    They were going to sell one to me at Bell today. But I had to take a 90.00 package for one month then cancel and pay the phone outright . I'd rather wait and hope that BlackBerry Mobile has them on pre order on line in the next couple of weeks and we can pick them up at the crackberry meet up in the6ix
    the brother likes this.
    11-17-17 11:24 PM
    They were going to sell one to me at Bell today. But I had to take a 90.00 package for one month then cancel and pay the phone outright . I'd rather wait and hope that BlackBerry Mobile has them on pre order on line in the next couple of weeks and we can pick them up at the crackberry meet up in the6ix
    I'm getting tired of waiting myself. Maybe the meet up is my best bet, if I can make it.
    11-18-17 09:23 AM
    No idea.

Just be careful if you buy it from Bell stores. They charged me activation fee and sim card fee because apparently even the unlocked. 50 dollars CAD extra because they wouldn't sell me the phone unless I had an account.

They also assumed the phone was locked to Bell. I exited the store and put my Fido sim card in and voila! It wasn't locked to bell.
    the brother likes this.
    11-18-17 09:41 AM
    Bell does the same
    11-18-17 09:43 AM
    Just be careful if you buy it from Bell stores. They charged me activation fee and sim card fee because apparently even the unlocked. 50 dollars CAD extra because they wouldn't sell me the phone unless I had an account.

They also assumed the phone was locked to Bell. I exited the store and put my Fido sim card in and voila! It wasn't locked to bell.
    I confirmed this last week at the Motion release party. They are being shipped from Blackberry mobile unlocked
    11-19-17 08:58 PM
    A few devices left in stock, on Amazon (Canada) sold by a third party merchant. Buy at your own risk. $779.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07748...UvbUpU13078141
    11-22-17 03:59 PM
42 12