10-28-17 07:49 PM
36 12
tools
    They're not going to do a massive single rollout as they're not in strong economic position compared to Flagship Android OEMs. It will be another methodical rollout like the KEYone designed to drive carrier support in Canada and then USA. I believe they're choosing specific countries based on previous data for best possible success with factory unlocked VKB like they did with KEYone factory unlocked PKB.
    Spain got both Dteks, so bodes well, although I have no idea how it sold. No Keyone here.
    10-15-17 05:09 PM
    Spain got both Dteks, so bodes well, although I have no idea how it sold. No Keyone here.
    I think BBMo is reviewing any internal BB sales data they can review from PRIV and see how that correlated to KEYone sales data to see if sales by country/region tracked expectations. If data was accurate, they'll probably follow data from BB DTEK sales in a similar manner to determine primary and secondary rollout for non-carrier reliant countries and then follow-up with Canada and the USA.

BBMo really needs carrier support with every device in Canada and the USA. It's why they licensed the BlackBerry name.

Complicating matters is TCL's economic position is not as strong as initially thought. One year ago to now, their own device sales in their primary markets have declined. They're being forced to walk a gauntlet similar to BlackBerry Limited regarding inventory control. They can't afford to make any mistakes in these new markets so I think it's the reason we saw limits on batch production that was definitely on conservative side. The carriers are watching situation closely because carriers won't sell devices from companies that won't be around to back warranties or take back unsold devices.
    10-15-17 07:38 PM
    I think that is the stock file manager that all Android 7.0 and up devices have. The KEYone had one as well

Either way its not a big deal as there are several very good file managers that i would use over any stock manager anyway
    "Files" file manager is from Google Play Store. This is nothing to do with BlackBerry file manager.

I don't need the third party file manager, which will have access to my all data. From one side BlackBerry mention privacy (why whatsapp or etc app need access to my data), from another side people give full access to all data.

This seems strange to me.

Cusi
    10-16-17 07:41 AM
    "Files" file manager is from Google Play Store. This is nothing to do with BlackBerry file manager.

I don't need the third party file manager, which will have access to my all data. From one side BlackBerry mention privacy (why whatsapp or etc app need access to my data), from another side people give full access to all data.

This seems strange to me.

Cusi
    Can you please show me the app from the Play Store? I'm not saying that it isn't there, just that I searched for it but couldn't find it.
    10-16-17 11:28 AM
    I have checked on my tablet, which runs on Lollipop. Unfortunately, it does not show up this app. But I am sure, I have seen this app before. Might be, I am mixing if with other one as well.

The only file manager stops me purchasing keyone black edition. On the store, I have seen keyone with file manager app until today in Germany.

Cusi
    10-16-17 04:51 PM
    It's upto Optiemus. They're still pushing Priv and Dtek Series and hence, there was the delay for KeyOne which was launched with dual SIM capabilties unlike US variant. Hence, Motion can be delayed too but I'm optimistic !!!
    10-23-17 12:20 AM
    Will the blackberry motion be available In Toronto, Canada thru the Canadian carriers ?? I believe this is a simple question, so I would expect a simple answer lol
    10-24-17 08:45 AM
    Will the blackberry motion be available In Toronto, Canada thru the Canadian carriers ?? I believe this is a simple question, so I would expect a simple answer lol
    I pretending sure the answer is yes. I reached out to Telus last week and they said they couldn't give me the dates.
    10-24-17 09:48 AM
    You can download the bb keyboard apk and install it yourself.
    phuoc likes this.
    10-24-17 01:10 PM
    is this thing ever going to get announced in Canada?
    10-25-17 09:46 AM
    This one coming to the States? Any exclusives with a lower-spec'ed, shiny-colored AT&T variant that will stop it at the Canadian border?
    10-28-17 07:49 PM
36 12