From what I saw, the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 xl were announced on Oct 4th? and my local carrier says that if I order the phone it will be shipped on October 19th.

So.... already having been completely embarrassed by delays to the KeyONE, Blackberry should be super fast, probably faster than other producers.

So, the Blackberry Motion was released on October 8th. That means that my local carrier should be saying soon that if I order the phone, it will be shipped on October 23rd at the latest!

Motion Sickness!
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    10-11-17 11:38 PM
    One phones release has nothing to do with what BB Mobile do. I wouldnt expect the Motion to be available in NA for a month or so
    10-12-17 02:01 AM
    Availability of Blackberry Devices is always an isssue... It took A year announce blackberry keyone for India this may be because (India is not considered as Market for great blackberry devices)
    bold007 likes this.
    10-12-17 02:18 AM
    Availability of Blackberry Devices is always an isssue... It took A year announce blackberry keyone for India this may be because (India is not considered as Market for great blackberry devices)
    Optiemus is different manufacturer than BBMo. They can do whatever they want in your country separate from BBMo.
    10-12-17 08:54 AM
    What are the official availability dates please?

I'm interested in SIM free variants in the UK.

have a KeyOne but a 5.5” screen far more suited to me.

Thanks.
    10-12-17 02:41 PM
    Sent a request through Facebook to BBMobile about availability in Europe, especially Germany.
    Just got the usual answer that I should stay tuned and they don't have a timeline to share just yet. They'll be sharing more in the coming weeks. Well we know what that means.... not much 😂😂😂
    10-13-17 07:07 AM
    Sent a request through Facebook to BBMobile about availability in Europe, especially Germany.
    Just got the usual answer that I should stay tuned and they don't have a timeline to share just yet. They'll be sharing more in the coming weeks. Well we know what that means.... not much
    They're not going to do a massive single rollout as they're not in strong economic position compared to Flagship Android OEMs. It will be another methodical rollout like the KEYone designed to drive carrier support in Canada and then USA. I believe they're choosing specific countries based on previous data for best possible success with factory unlocked VKB like they did with KEYone factory unlocked PKB.
    mrsimon likes this.
    10-13-17 09:43 AM
    They're not going to do a massive single rollout as they're not in strong economic position compared to Flagship Android OEMs. It will be another methodical rollout like the KEYone designed to drive carrier support in Canada and then USA. I believe they're choosing specific countries based on previous data for best possible success with factory unlocked VKB like they did with KEYone factory unlocked PKB.
    I just hope that Rogers gets it. My Priv needs replacing and I'm not really interested in the KEYone. My other option is the Samsung A5. I'd like to stick with BlackBerry. Not sure how much longer I can wait.
    10-13-17 10:01 AM
    I just hope that Rogers gets it. My Priv needs replacing and I'm not really interested in the KEYone. My other option is the Samsung A5. I'd like to stick with BlackBerry. Not sure how much longer I can wait.
    That's up to Rogers and the ball's in their court. You can safely bet that BBMo wants this on the shelf of every store of every carrier. They're not in the greatest economic position to pay for that space on the shelf.
    10-13-17 11:47 AM
    India won't be getting the KEYone until January 2018? The KEYone was teased January 2017 at CES, then officially announced in late February 2017 at MWC. What's the Limited Edition Black KEYone selling in India right now?
    10-13-17 02:06 PM
    Guys, availibilty is also something that depends on "being able to execute" and willing to take the enormous risk of pushing loads of phones that are being produced for a unknown number of potential users.

If they would make the same mistake like Blackberry did with their Z10, they would have 100.000 x phones on stock, without having customers. This would be killing for TCL, killing for a brand like Blackberry and the end of value adding Blackberry phone.

Everry phone and phone/market combination is being tested bij TCL by introducing it slowly from market (region) to market.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-17 03:17 PM
    Optiemus is different manufacturer than BBMo. They can do whatever they want in your country separate from BBMo.
    I was just worried because Optiemus is using Blackberry branding for the devices they manufacture.
    10-14-17 09:41 AM
    I was just worried because Optiemus is using Blackberry branding for the devices they manufacture.
    Of course. All three licencees are. They are paying for the branding as well as the OS.
    10-14-17 09:44 AM
    Sadly I couldn't wait. I'm using an S7 now.
    10-14-17 07:31 PM
    I booted up an s7 and pretty much turned it off.. I would rather use a dtek60... LG g6 was better.. Need to see how an s8 is...
    10-14-17 08:55 PM
    it will be available on the 3rd week in the gulf region
    10-15-17 07:12 AM
    I booted up an s7 and pretty much turned it off.. I would rather use a dtek60... LG g6 was better.. Need to see how an s8 is...
    You better try Note8.

Cusi
    10-15-17 07:19 AM
    Meh. The super-large slabs are for an entirely different audience. If you're in the market for one of those you're not a Motion customer -- or for anything else BlackBerry has made, except perhaps the Passport, and probably not even that.
    10-15-17 07:37 AM
    Meh. The super-large slabs are for an entirely different audience. If you're in the market for one of those you're not a Motion customer -- or for anything else BlackBerry has made, except perhaps the Passport, and probably not even that.
    Let us compare PROS and CONS of Motion and NOTE8.
    Original file manager: NOTE 8+/ Motion -
    Gallery app: Note 8+ / Motion -
    There are other pros of Note8, which Motion does not have.

Interesting is that all of PROS, which Note8 has, were available on BlackBerry 10 devices. What are you talking about if everything is controlled by Google.
    With Google there is no privacy.

Cusi
    10-15-17 10:50 AM
    Let us compare PROS and CONS of Motion and NOTE8.
    Original file manager: NOTE 8+/ Motion -
    Gallery app: Note 8+ / Motion -
    There are other pros of Note8, which Motion does not have.

Interesting is that all of PROS, which Note8 has, were available on BlackBerry 10 devices. What are you talking about if everything is controlled by Google.
    With Google there is no privacy.

Cusi
    The Motion might have a file manager

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...otion-1128295/
    10-15-17 11:18 AM
    With BlackBerry "might" makes a big difference. I don't rely BlackBerry supply anymore as before.

In spite I am still BlackBerry 10 device user.

Cusi
    10-15-17 11:30 AM
    Note 8 is too big. I could deal with a v20... both have Samsung and LG crape are.. Pixel is probably the way to go.
    10-15-17 11:52 AM
    The Motion might have a file manager

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...otion-1128295/
    I think that is the stock file manager that all Android 7.0 and up devices have. The KEYone had one as well

Either way its not a big deal as there are several very good file managers that i would use over any stock manager anyway
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    10-15-17 12:41 PM
    ??

S7 is an excellent phone - fast and no overheating. Only thing I dont like is the keyboard. Would love a BB keyboard.
    10-15-17 01:36 PM
    I think that is the stock file manager that all Android 7.0 and up devices have. The KEYone had one as well

Either way its not a big deal as there are several very good file managers that i would use over any stock manager anyway
    Android's stock file manager is only accessible through settings IIRC, the images in that thread show an app drawer icon which implies it's different.
    10-15-17 01:38 PM
36 12