Hello there ,

Will the Motion receive security patch update for July 2019, and beyond ?
    08-08-19 04:01 PM
    The only people who know the answer won't reply. Sorry, hang in there. Or don't. I gave up and moved to an S10+. Great device. It's on Bell Canada and got an update yesterday. The June security patch. Hahahahahahah.......The grass isn't always greener.........
    08-08-19 04:39 PM
    Hello there ,

Will the Motion receive security patch update for July 2019, and beyond ?
    August patch was just released and is making its way around.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    08-08-19 05:03 PM
    The only people who know the answer won't reply. Sorry, hang in there. Or don't. I gave up and moved to an S10+. Great device. It's on Bell Canada and got an update yesterday. The June security patch. Hahahahahahah.......The grass isn't always greener.........
    iPhone or Android One are basically the only options for consistent software support, unfortunately.
    08-08-19 05:55 PM
    iPhone or Android One are basically the only options for consistent software support, unfortunately.
    I don’t get monthly security updates...
    08-08-19 09:02 PM
    I don’t get monthly security updates...
    On your XR? You don't really need monthly updates on iOS compared to Android, it also helps that when Apple does have an update all supported devices will get it on the same day regardless of carrier, region, etc.
    Elky64 likes this.
    08-08-19 11:52 PM
    August patch was just released and is making its way around.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    PRD-63739-009 BBD100-2 isn't even showing July yet.
    08-09-19 05:54 AM
    On your XR? You don't really need monthly updates on iOS compared to Android, it also helps that when Apple does have an update all supported devices will get it on the same day regardless of carrier, region, etc.
    I'm just saying that iOS with security updates or updates of any kind for that matter isn't consistent from the consumer perspective. We get whatever comes, whenever it comes and we'll like it.
    08-09-19 06:52 AM
    Yeah, you won't need any security updates for a while now since they shut down the Apple team in Ireland that was using Siri to eavesdrop on people having sex. And anything else they wanted to record. With friends like that...
    08-09-19 07:51 AM
    I'm just saying that iOS with security updates or updates of any kind for that matter isn't consistent from the consumer perspective. We get whatever comes, whenever it comes and we'll like it.
    You get at least 1 update every year for 5+ years (assuming you buy when the device is released). It's not like you get iOS 12 at launch, iOS 13 a year after its released, etc. Inbetween updates don't really matter on iOS unless it's a hotfix or patch in which case all supported devices get it day and date.

Yeah, you won't need any security updates for a while now since they shut down the Apple team in Ireland that was using Siri to eavesdrop on people having sex. And anything else they wanted to record. With friends like that...
    Almost every major voice assistant and speech to text tool (including on Android) was "caught" doing this, which is why I always disable/avoid them.
    08-09-19 08:28 AM
    Let’s be clear that I’m OS agnostic. Open and Closed OS both have issues. I don’t use many added conveniences because of these eavesdropping issues. Things like camera or video activation worry consumers the most I think. But then again if some corporate employees were guilty of this, we have ways to deal with that. My part of Florida is still a little redneck Southern cracker...

Seriously though, I can’t really swear either OS let alone in totality ANY OS is really secure or better.
    08-09-19 12:56 PM
    Will this be coming down automatically or will it have to be manually loaded?
    08-10-19 10:54 AM
    Will this be coming down automatically or will it have to be manually loaded?
    It should be automatic, but you never know for sure. A no-wipe autoloader is available with the Aug patch however.
    08-10-19 11:15 AM
    ACA542 just downloaded on Bell in Manitoba
    08-12-19 11:00 AM
    ACA542 just downloaded on giffgaff in Scotland
    08-12-19 01:35 PM