01-09-19 01:35 PM
132 ... 456
tools
    Yes. Marketing and carrier support are needed. Perhaps carrier support is coming.
    01-08-19 10:11 AM
    Without aggressive advertising you can’t garner much interest. I’ve NEVER seen a BlackBerry commercial past the BBOS10 devices.
    They came up with one recently in India for Evolve. Very ordinary TV commercial.
    01-08-19 02:34 PM
    They came up with one recently in India for Evolve. Very ordinary TV commercial.
    But a TV commercial none the less ....
    01-08-19 04:00 PM
    Just a quick question. Is the BlackBerry Motion still worth buying in 2019? Any input is welcome. Thanks.
    Yes indeed. BB Motion is still a very formidable device. The battery life coupled with the productivity makes the device super success.
    Further the updates on the device is hitherto regular. It is highly recommended to use a proper case or flip cover for the device to avoid any damage . My device got damaged due to my reluctance to use cases . The result is seen below .
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Motion in 2019-img_20190109_190758.jpg  
    adonesc likes this.
    01-09-19 08:42 AM
    But a TV commercial none the less ....
    Waste of money unfortunately. $10/per device x 1-1.5 million devices in just domestic media. What do larger participants spend per device? The domestic Android space is so competitive that’s probably all you’ll see because the competition will just negate the message.

The social media campaigns that reach the younger mobile demographic are more effective but may not be entirely Evolve demographic. Whatever the national heavyweight in business social media....

Personally spending the money in the business dominant carrier for sales promotion and enterprise inclusion might go farther. The Key2 LE on VZW is huge for this very reason. The KEYone on AT&T was the same way. I’m specifically talking about on the business side for both and less about the consumer side.

Enterprise and carriers purchase volume and BB licensees need some base volume.
    01-09-19 09:44 AM
    I bet that TCL is giving Verizon a very sweet deal for business phones. I would not be surprised if BlackBerry Canada is cooperating as Enterprise customers not consumers is their market as well.

Still a Chinese phone with a PKB will be a hard sell to employees if not to employers.

On a positive note, BBMo says that they sold 10,000 Key2’s to a Canadian bank.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-09-19 at 01:06 PM.
    adonesc likes this.
    01-09-19 12:21 PM
    Definitely Yes! I purchased as an upgrade from DTEK50 and very happy. I rarely use the camera or speakers, so the shortfalls others have mentioned are not a big concern for me. So far, I LOVE everything about it (especially getting nearly three days on a charge with moderate use!).

Regarding availability, they are difficult to find in the US. There is currently only one new offer for BBD100-2 USA Model on Amazon as of today @ $850. I would hold out until another 3rd party vendor makes a more reasonable offer as this one is clearly price gouging! That is what I did and ended up at just over $500. The one I purchased actually came from a Canadian seller. It took longer to get it with Customs and the like, but it was well worth it.
    adonesc and Jake2826 like this.
    01-09-19 01:35 PM
132 ... 456