Is BlackBerry going to release Key3?
    Is this real information? Has BlackBerry resumed production after claiming that it has discontinued its products?
    08-10-20 05:31 AM
    Is BlackBerry going to release Key3?
    Is this real information? Has BlackBerry resumed production after claiming that it has discontinued its products?
    No.

The entire agreement to licence devices expires on Aug 31st. It's the end.
    08-10-20 06:06 AM
    any chances to update os version blackberry motion?
    08-10-20 06:22 AM
    Oct 2019 was the last.
    08-10-20 06:38 AM
    I understand the concern about a KEY3.... or PKBs.

But the Motion? There are plenty of Slab phones that would be an upgrade for it. Pixel 4a would be top of the list in midgrade phone category.
    08-10-20 07:21 AM
    The Pixel 4a comes with Android 10, or will update to it at signing in, and will get 11 in September. So if timely updates and security updates are important then the Pixel 4a is a great choice.
    08-10-20 07:28 AM
    The TCL Pro 10 is literally what a Motion 2 should have been, if that appeals to you.
    08-10-20 12:07 PM
    The TCL Pro 10 is literally what a Motion 2 should have been, if that appeals to you.
    Except it will only get one OS update and quarterly patches for 2 years. Pretty weak compared to the Pixel. Not to mention the Pixel 4A has a much better camera, a faster SoC, and is $100 less than the regular price for the 10 Pro.
    08-10-20 12:39 PM
    Except it will only get one OS update and quarterly patches for 2 years. Pretty weak compared to the Pixel. Not to mention the Pixel 4A has a much better camera and a faster SoC.
    2 years of security updates is fine. I cannot remember the last time I held onto a phone for more than 2 years. The $379 price point also makes that fine too.

Moreover, TCL did not state that it will only get 1 OS upgrade. They stated it will get AT LEAST one OS upgrade.
    08-10-20 12:45 PM
    2 years of security updates is fine. I cannot remember the last time I held onto a phone for more than 2 years. The $379 price point also makes that fine too.

Moreover, TCL did not state that it will only get 1 OS upgrade. They stated it will get AT LEAST one OS upgrade.
    Don't kid yourself. "At least one" means "exactly" one.
    08-10-20 12:47 PM
    Don't kid yourself. "At least one" means "exactly" one.
    Pretty sure "at least" means "at minimum" so I'm going to take it for what it is. I'm not basing it on what happened with the KEY2 as there is no brand licensing to worry about here.

And either way, a guaranteed upgrade to Android 11 and 2 years of security updates is plenty when you upgrade your phone at least every 2 years.
    08-10-20 12:53 PM
    Pretty sure "at least" means "at minimum" so I'm going to take it for what it is. I'm not basing it on what happened with the KEY2 as there is no brand licensing to worry about here.

And either way, a guaranteed upgrade to Android 11 and 2 years of security updates is plenty when you upgrade your phone at least every 2 years.
    What are you basing it on? I do think that if they have any plans of being a real smartphone competitor... they have to improve their support for devices. But it's only something they talked about doing, and never deliver on.... Idol 4 was suppose to be updated. Plex was suppose to get regular patches.... just never seems to work out as they "promise". Maybe this time it's different?

I put TCL right there with Sony and LG... large electronic companies that are losing money on smartphones, but are too afraid to give up on this market just yet. But in the end I'm expect COVID to push them to pulling the plug....

TCL "10" phones aren't bad - from the reviews I've read.... of course the 4a hadn't been launched yet and didn't have $50 knocked off it's price.
    08-10-20 01:49 PM
    What are you basing it on? I do think that if they have any plans of being a real smartphone competitor... they have to improve their support for devices. But it's only something they talked about doing, and never deliver on.... Idol 4 was suppose to be updated. Plex was suppose to get regular patches.... just never seems to work out as they "promise". Maybe this time it's different?

I put TCL right there with Sony and LG... large electronic companies that are losing money on smartphones, but are too afraid to give up on this market just yet. But in the end I'm expect COVID to push them to pulling the plug....

TCL "10" phones aren't bad - from the reviews I've read.... of course the 4a hadn't been launched yet and didn't have $50 knocked off it's price.
    From my experience, they always delivered on what they promised (2 years of support for keyone and Key2 + an OS update for the keyone). So I expect at minimum they will offer what they promised.

And this blows the 4a out of the water.
    08-10-20 02:04 PM
    From my experience, they always delivered on what they promised (2 years of support for keyone and Key2 + an OS update for the keyone). So I expect at minimum they will offer what they promised.

And this blows the 4a out of the water.
    How does the 10 Pro blow the 4A out of the water?

The Pixel camera is better, the SoC is better, and I would give the OLED (with Gorilla Glass) of the Pixel the edge. And we don't even need to talk about updates yet.

The 4A is also $100 cheaper based on regular prices!
    08-10-20 02:32 PM
    How does the 10 Pro blow the 4A out of the water?

The Pixel camera is better, the SoC is better, and I would give the OLED of the Pixel the edge. And we don't even need to talk about updates yet.

The 4A is also $100 cheaper based on regular prices!
    I should have specified that this is based on my needs. I must have a configure physical key and an SD card slot at the absolute minimum. It's 2020, no need to strip away basic features when you are spending a few hundred bucks.
    08-10-20 02:35 PM
    And am I reading correctly? A 3140mah battery?
    08-10-20 02:37 PM
    And am I reading correctly? A 3140mah battery?
    Yes, but the Pixel is much better optimised. I had a TCL 10L with 4000mAh battery for a month, and it didn't last any longer than a typical day.
    08-10-20 02:40 PM
    I don't own the pixel so I cannot compare, but the cameras (all 5 of them) are performing very well for me. The best cameras I have ever had on a smartphone. I'm also getting about 9 hours of screen on time, also the best of any phone I have ever used.

And let me tell you, this amoled panel is beautiful on the 10 pro. The pixel screams cheap to me. Maybe it's the plastic back.
    08-10-20 02:48 PM
    I should have specified that this is based on my needs. I must have a configure physical key and an SD card slot at the absolute minimum. It's 2020, no need to strip away basic features when you are spending a few hundred bucks.
    If you need and SD Card I can see it being a deal breaker with the Pixel.

Was one of my biggest worries with moving to an iPhone.... but with 128GB I've never really had an issue. I could load it up with movies and tv shows from my online library and streaming services.... but it would be more content than I could watch in weeks.

Do think the 10 PRO has the Pixel beat on the Display... but I think the Pixel is going to sell circles around the TCL phone that no one knows anything about.
    08-10-20 03:09 PM
    If you need and SD Card I can see it being a deal breaker with the Pixel.

Was one of my biggest worries with moving to an iPhone.... but with 128GB I've never really had an issue. I could load it up with movies and tv shows from my online library and streaming services.... but it would be more content than I could watch in weeks.

Do think the 10 PRO has the Pixel beat on the Display... but I think the Pixel is going to sell circles around the TCL phone that no one knows anything about.
    I never understood why so many brands refuse to add the SD card slot. Makes no sense. I can also say the same for the smart key and headphone jack. At least Google offers the latter.

As far as sales go, of course the Pixel will outsell the 10 Pro. Google has a large chunk of the market. Nonetheless, I think the 10 Pro will sell pretty well. During my research of looking for a new phone I watched a ton of reviews on the unit. There is no shortage of information out there on the 10 Pro. Once I started searching for a phone with the feature set I was looking for, I was led right to it. I expect many others will do the same.
    08-10-20 03:49 PM
    I never understood why so many brands refuse to add the SD card slot. Makes no sense. I can also say the same for the smart key and headphone jack. At least Google offers the latter.
    With cheap on-device storage of 128GB+, and cloud solutions in abundance, the SD card is become superfluous.
    08-10-20 04:00 PM
    With cheap on-device storage of 128GB+, and cloud solutions in abundance, the SD card is become superfluous.
    Is that why they didn't add it to the PB in 2010?
    08-10-20 04:45 PM
    Immediate, quick access (including when offline) matters. Cloud service cannot help that.
    08-10-20 04:49 PM
    Immediate, quick access (including when offline) matters. Cloud service cannot help that.
    Not sure how you organise things, but I certainly don't need all of my data hot at all times. Nor do I need more than one hand to count the number of times I've been outside of either Wi-Fi or mobile signal for an extended period.
    08-10-20 08:13 PM
    SD Card can also be very problematic for OEMs, especially Flagship makers that choose the fastest internal storage... to have a user pull out an old card they have laying around to use as Adoptive Storage.... (when it was even allowed). Which then reduces overall performance of the device.

If all cards were created equal, or maybe had some certification system... might not be an issue. But too many users were buying cheap cards wither either poor performance or high failure rate.... and blaming the phone manufacture and not the SD Card manufacture.

But I'm sure the economics of being able to charge more for higher storage options or cloud storage have their part to play as well...

Wife's had an iOS device for seven years now.... she know right were ever photo she has taken with any of them are. No need to try and remember what SD Card she saved them to in the past, or if she backed them up with some desktop software that encrypted them into a propriety archive or..... For that simplicity and convenience... I've had to pay an extra $100 on each phone she's owned for more Storage and $2.99 a month for extra iCloud storage so she doesn't have to off load any of it.
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-11-20 07:55 AM
42 12