A new glitch has just started to occur on my Motion affecting the BlackBerry Hub and Calendar app. Neither app has been updated recently.

From yesterday evening (22/3), within the BlackBerry Hub app, when you try to create a new email, the app pauses for about 5 seconds and then the screen goes white, and the app minimises into the background. When you go back into the app and try it again, it just does the same and it remains locked in this cyclical pattern of non-function. It also does this when you try to open (just to read) an email in any email account that is set up within the Hub. All new emails are being fetched and retrieved into the various email accounts within the Hub - they just can't be opened or read!

A very similar glitch is also occurring in the Calendar app. When you open the app, and attempt to open any item, on any day, once again, it will pause for about 5 seconds, go white and then minimise into the background.

* I have restarted the handset.

* I have turned off / on the handset.

* I have deleted the cache of the BlackBerry Hub / Inbox and Calendar apps, then rebooted the handset.

None of these things have made a difference.

BlackBerry Hub Inbox - last updated 19/11/2020 (2.2047.1.6777)
    BlackBerry Calendar - same date/version as Inbox

It's interesting that two interconnected apps are behaving in this same way. It's interesting that the Contacts app, as far as I can see is working normally!

Deleting and reinstalling the app is a last resort. Has anyone else experienced these glitches and been able to fix it?

Many thanks for any replies.
    03-23-21 12:56 PM
    A new glitch has just started to occur on my Motion affecting the BlackBerry Hub and Calendar app. Neither app has been updated recently.

From yesterday evening (22/3), within the BlackBerry Hub app, when you try to create a new email, the app pauses for about 5 seconds and then the screen goes white, and the app minimises into the background. When you go back into the app and try it again, it just does the same and it remains locked in this cyclical pattern of non-function. It also does this when you try to open (just to read) an email in any email account that is set up within the Hub. All new emails are being fetched and retrieved into the various email accounts within the Hub - they just can't be opened or read!

A very similar glitch is also occurring in the Calendar app. When you open the app, and attempt to open any item, on any day, once again, it will pause for about 5 seconds, go white and then minimise into the background.

* I have restarted the handset.

* I have turned off / on the handset.

* I have deleted the cache of the BlackBerry Hub / Inbox and Calendar apps, then rebooted the handset.

None of these things have made a difference.

BlackBerry Hub Inbox - last updated 19/11/2020 (2.2047.1.6777)
    BlackBerry Calendar - same date/version as Inbox

It's interesting that two interconnected apps are behaving in this same way. It's interesting that the Contacts app, as far as I can see is working normally!

Deleting and reinstalling the app is a last resort. Has anyone else experienced these glitches and been able to fix it?

Many thanks for any replies.
    Just update your apps in Play Store. Issue is fixed and had to do with Google Webview/Chrome.
    03-23-21 12:59 PM
    Just update your apps in Play Store. Issue is fixed and had to do with Google Webview/Chrome.
    Thank you replying and knowing what it was about!

Stupid question - how can I update the apps, when there is no "update" available (that is showing) within Google Play Store?

I particularly don't want to uninstall/reinstall BB Hub, as there are draft emails in there containing data that I don't want to lose! I just did a scan in the Play store and there are no updated apps to download...
    03-23-21 01:32 PM
    Thank you replying and knowing what it was about!

Stupid question - how can I update the apps, when there is no "update" available (that is showing) within Google Play Store?

I particularly don't want to uninstall/reinstall BB Hub, as there are draft emails in there containing data that I don't want to lose! I just did a scan in the Play store and there are no updated apps to download...
    This has nothing to do with BlackBerry software. It's a Google issue affecting all apps that use Webview.

The updated Chrome was made available last night.
    03-23-21 01:44 PM
    This has nothing to do with BlackBerry software. It's a Google issue affecting all apps that use Webview.

The updated Chrome was made available last night.
    Apologies and thank you - I didn't realise that it was Chrome that needed to be updated! It's just updated quietly in the background and Hub/Calendar are now working again.

Thanks again Conite.
    03-23-21 02:07 PM