Autocorrect was on the fritz on my key2. BlackBerry keyboard v4 was practically forcing me to use simpler words or flat-out the wrong words. The ability to choose the word you typed in the top left suggestion is GONE too. I tried to get the 3.4.1.16282 apk from apkmirror, but, when I install it with Chrome, it pops up with an error "⚠️ App not installed." Even after uninstalling updates and restarting. However, resetting to the factory version of BlackBerry keyboard ("uninstall updates" in Play Store) is a million times better than v4 and I'm happy things are back to normal. Got my saved words back but my mapped keys are gone (nbd). Totally worth it. I hope BlackBerry developers realize they are making a lot of people hate their phones with the latest update <.< (saying I hope they fix it fast and well)
    Last edited by fritzfox; 06-09-19 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Clarification
    06-09-19 04:26 PM
    How do I uninstall the updates completely? I can't see the option in the playstore, or in the app settings (like Hub and Calendar, which I have reverted to the original). Advice would be appreciated as the new keyboard predictions are rubbish. Cheers.
    06-18-19 06:42 AM
    Is it depending on the language? Here I'm using German and find the two words prediction really helpful, like offering "good morning" as a whole, missing all my own words will come back so so no rush with this. What I would like to see is the edit mark of BB10 which was really fast to use browsing around in text.
    Attached Thumbnails Bizarre spell check and predictive text behavior!?-42321.jpg  
    06-18-19 08:29 AM
    For the BB Keyboard app, it's all in the Play Store. Search for BlackBerry Keyboard, and open the app page in the Google Play Store. Click the main 'Uninstall' green button and a confirmation will pop up "Do you want to uninstall all updates to this Android system app?" Yep! in the three-dot menu in the upper right corner, also make sure to have "Enable auto update" unchecked.

Welcome back to sanity ^^

How do I uninstall the updates completely? I can't see the option in the playstore, or in the app settings (like Hub and Calendar, which I have reverted to the original). Advice would be appreciated as the new keyboard predictions are rubbish. Cheers.
    06-18-19 09:00 AM
    is there a fix pending? predictive typing is near useless.
    06-18-19 04:51 PM
    For the BB Keyboard app, it's all in the Play Store. Search for BlackBerry Keyboard, and open the app page in the Google Play Store. Click the main 'Uninstall' green button and a confirmation will pop up "Do you want to uninstall all updates to this Android system app?" Yep! in the three-dot menu in the upper right corner, also make sure to have "Enable auto update" unchecked.

Welcome back to sanity ^^
    Thanks. Much appreciated. I still think the android version of prediction is way worse than BB10 though. My Z10 would practically read my mind, no matter which keys I pressed. Anyone else feel the same? I wonder why?
    Jake2826 likes this.
    06-19-19 07:51 AM
    Thanks. Much appreciated. I still think the android version of prediction is way worse than BB10 though. My Z10 would practically read my mind, no matter which keys I pressed. Anyone else feel the same? I wonder why?
    I'm not sure if their is a difference between VKB and PKB software, but yes, VKB has been a hot mess. My guess is that since BlackBerry Ltd. only offers their keyboard directly to BBMo devices (and other global partners) which are largely PKB, VKB-specific software likely receives little attention at this point.

Maybe someone with a deeper knowledge of PKB vs VKB BlackBerry software can chime in....
    06-19-19 09:43 AM
    Would be good to know why it's not as good. You'd think it would have remained the same or at least not got worse in 6 years. The first time I used the z10 the typing was scary good. Lol
    06-19-19 10:04 AM
    Would be good to know why it's not as good. You'd think it would have remained the same or at least not got worse in 6 years. The first time I used the z10 the typing was scary good. Lol
    That's part of the BlackBerry magic. Build something great and then slowly let it decay to a point it has no value.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    06-19-19 10:30 AM
    06-19-19 01:02 PM
    mines absolutely brutal, almost non existent,
    06-20-19 11:13 PM
    I uninstalled all the updates but it is still horrendous. Any way to side load a older version of the keyboard at all?
    06-25-19 08:15 AM
    I uninstalled all the updates but it is still horrendous. Any way to side load a older version of the keyboard at all?
    If you are on the original 2015 android release, then you essentially have the Priv era VKB software. How long have you had it installed? It takes some time for the VKB to learn. You may just need to give it some time.

Also, I find it very helpful to be super accurate in my typing the first few days so the software doesn't make crap suggestions because of me being a lazy typer. You have to do your part. Also, check your settings. Are you really aggressive with the auto correct?
    06-25-19 08:24 AM
    If you are on the original 2015 android release, then you essentially have the Priv era VKB software. How long have you had it installed? It takes some time for the VKB to learn. You may just need to give it some time.

Also, I find it very helpful to be super accurate in my typing the first few days so the software doesn't make crap suggestions because of me being a lazy typer. You have to do your part. Also, check your settings. Are you really aggressive with the auto correct?
    Thanks for the response. How do I find out which version I'm on with the keyboard? Also, what level of auto correct do you recommend? Thanks again. Ben
    06-25-19 09:08 AM
    Thanks for the response. How do I find out which version I'm on with the keyboard? Also, what level of auto correct do you recommend? Thanks again. Ben
    Settings >apps> menu bar >show sytem>BlackBerry Keyboard

Version will be listed near the top.

For auto correct, I use "strong."
    06-25-19 10:04 PM
    I installed Google keyboard to compare and contrast the spellcheck and prediction to the blackberry keyboard. I must say, it is way better. Still a step behind the BB10 vkb but way better than the current android version. I miss the flick typing a lot, but it spells the words a lot more accurately. Come on Blackberry, fox your keyboard!
    07-02-19 05:05 PM
    I installed Google keyboard to compare and contrast the spellcheck and prediction to the blackberry keyboard. I must say, it is way better. Still a step behind the BB10 vkb but way better than the current android version. I miss the flick typing a lot, but it spells the words a lot more accurately. Come on Blackberry, fox your keyboard!
    Did you ever uninstall BB keyboard updates? I find original version is working great. But, yes BlackBerry needs to get their current VKB software sorted out.
    07-02-19 10:29 PM
    Yeah I did. It was still really bad for me. I'll keep Gboard for a while and see how it goes.
    07-03-19 09:53 AM
    I can help you fox your keyboard :P

Also BB sent out an OTA OS update that forces us key2 users to use the latest keyboard software now. It seems mostly fixed (some say to simply view your personal dictionary words to get them back), but I miss being able to hit the space bar to complete the word. It now relies on swiping up in the middle, which, on the key2 sucks since the fingerprint sensor in the middle makes us need to swipe at least a few times to try to get it to work (bad design BlackBerry!).
    07-04-19 02:42 AM
    Same here. This last keyboard is useless.
    07-11-19 01:55 PM
    Why am I not having these issues? Yes, it does occasionally pop up a ridiculous phrase, but otherwise not noticing a huge difference. And, I still use my Z30 as a second phone. Currently on Motion.
    07-13-19 05:22 AM
    Keyboard is currently correcting people's names, which is pretty embarrassing when I send emails. A recent email sent to a Mrs. Sandvold turned into an email to Mrs. Sandford.
    07-13-19 11:29 AM
    Keyboard is currently correcting people's names, which is pretty embarrassing when I send emails. A recent email sent to a Mrs. Sandvold turned into an email to Mrs. Sandford.
    Recently sent an email to a guy named Patman and it corrected to Batman.
    Munchkinguy and anon(8980596) like this.
    07-13-19 09:02 PM
    Any fixes on the horizon do we think?
    08-16-19 05:03 PM
49 12