I've noticed over the last few weeks that my spell check and predictive text has become very inaccurate and is exhibiting strange behaviour. I've been using my Motion for a couple of years and I've never seen anything like this. I used to be able to type without even checking my messages until the end and the majority of the time there would be very few errors. Now I have to check every couple of words and most of the time, I'm getting incorrect spelling or words that aren't even close to what I'm trying to type.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if I've changed a setting somewhere by accident. It seems like this started happening after I installed the last update that was pushed out. It's ridiculous how bad it is and very frustrating.

I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any. I'm running 8.1.0 (ABV312) on the Telus network.

Thanks for any help!

DZ.
    06-03-19 10:25 AM
    yes have the same issue. Sorry can't add why or how to fix. it's unfortunate.
    06-03-19 11:16 AM
    Same here. Getting a little frustrating at times.
    06-03-19 12:08 PM
    I've just confirmed with a couple of co-workers who are also experience the same behaviour. This can't be random, I'm sure that everyone that received the update must be dealing with the same crap.

Wonder if it's only the Motion users that are seeing this...?
    06-03-19 12:51 PM
    This from the last update of May 24th among other changes- • The list of words your keyboard learned is cleared with this update *
    could be the cause, having the same issues on my Motion.
    DD74 likes this.
    06-03-19 01:24 PM
    I'm frustrated with the keyboard also. It wasn't working with 2 languages set. It used to work flawlessly. I had to delete my extra language and keyboard and re-do them. It's better now, but I do find more errors than usual. It also suggests a long combination of words now at times. I don't like that.
    06-03-19 03:03 PM
    Also, I've noticed that if you make a typo and swipe back to delete the error, then the incorrect spelling gets saved as a prediction in the future.

I find that really aggravating.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-19 04:50 PM
    I have the same issue with my DTEK50. It is not just predictive text issues but general spelling, accuracy, etc. Very frustrating.
    06-03-19 08:46 PM
    @LiamQ

Posted via CB10
    06-03-19 09:28 PM
    Is there another keyboard option that can be installed? I've always raved about how good this keyboard was at spelling/predicting. This is absolutely useless now. I spend more time correcting it's mistakes than I do typing. And when you type a single word and it suggest the next 10 words of a sentence it's a bit disturbing. Try typing a sentence that start with "We or" and see what comes up! That's a strange algorithm that the software is using...
    06-04-19 02:36 PM
    s there another keyboard option that can be installed?
    Google Play Store is full of keyboard options with GBoard and SwiftKey being among the top choices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utmethod.latin
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...htype.swiftkey

Install and use as you see fit. SwiftKey is what the BlackBerry keyboard originally used but seems they moved away from that and implemented their own, hence the 'degradation' some folks are seeing with predictions and autocorrect. Plus, the changes to the language options.
    zoomzoom71 likes this.
    06-04-19 02:43 PM
    Well, crap. BlackBerry is becoming less relevant by the day...

Though it makes sense if they are not going to produce slabs anymore.
    06-04-19 08:27 PM
    I installed an earlier version. Working better already. The comments in the Google Playstore regarding the latest update to the BlackBerry keyboard are slamming BlackBerry for this monstrosity.

BlackBerry has responded to several of the comments and I expect they are working feverishly to issue an update for the update!

However, those with Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager are stuck. The manager always updates to the latest version from the Playstore.
    06-04-19 11:10 PM
    Having the same issues as well. Words that I've never used and all words that I put in the dictionary no longer exist.
    06-05-19 07:53 AM
    I installed an earlier version. Working better already. The comments in the Google Playstore regarding the latest update to the BlackBerry keyboard are slamming BlackBerry for this monstrosity.

BlackBerry has responded to several of the comments and I expect they are working feverishly to issue an update for the update!

However, those with Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager are stuck. The manager always updates to the latest version from the Playstore.
    I've switched to Swiftkey for now. I would prefer to go back to the a previous version of the BB keyboard to be honest with you. Is there an easy way to find a copy? And how do I know if I'm running the Cobalt BB Manager? I'm assuming that I am as my device is pretty much stock.

Thanks.
    06-05-19 08:39 AM
    Having issues too. Mine will also predict the word with a period after it and also add a symbol in the middle of the word sometimes.
    06-05-19 10:16 AM
    I've switched to Swiftkey for now. I would prefer to go back to the a previous version of the BB keyboard to be honest with you. Is there an easy way to find a copy? And how do I know if I'm running the Cobalt BB Manager? I'm assuming that I am as my device is pretty much stock.

Thanks.
    You only have to install Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager if you have a non-bb device. Otherwise, sites like apk mirror have several versions of the BlackBerry keyboard apk ready for download.
    06-05-19 11:53 AM
    Went back to version 3.4.1.16282. Oh man, like night and day. I don't understand how that new release made it to the app store. Absolute garbage. Thanks for the guidance.
    06-05-19 02:08 PM
    Went back to version 3.4.1.16282. Oh man, like night and day. I don't understand how that new release made it to the app store. Absolute garbage. Thanks for the guidance.
    Happy to help and glad it worked out for you. BlackBerry Ltd. is aware of the problems people are having. At one point they said if after a week of use things don't improve to contact BlackBerry software support. They know something is not quite right after the rollout. I expect it will be remedied in the coming days or so...

I'm using 3.4.1.16457. Also, be sure to disable automatic updates for the keyboard app so you don't get bumped to the current version again.
    06-05-19 02:14 PM
    mines been brutal as of late the last update seems to have screw ed everything uo ??
    06-06-19 12:35 AM
    mines been brutal as of late the last update seems to have screw ed everything uo ??
    As evidenced by your post...
    06-06-19 07:31 AM
    Google Play Store is full of keyboard options with GBoard and SwiftKey being among the top choices.

Install and use as you see fit. SwiftKey is what the BlackBerry keyboard originally used but seems they moved away from that and implemented their own, hence the 'degradation' some folks are seeing with predictions and autocorrect. Plus, the changes to the language options.
    No, don't do this. Support BlackBerry please. Give them a chance to perfect the Keyboard by sticking with it and giving feedback.
    06-06-19 12:36 PM

Thanks for the recommendation. I downloaded GBoard last night, and I'm pleased, so far. I didn't even know that keyboard apps were a thing!
    Bla1ze likes this.
    06-07-19 11:07 AM
    Mine too. I've been getting FULL SENTENCES as suggestions. Usually not relevant to the conversation. Just weird.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    06-07-19 12:40 PM
    My wife's Motion keyboard has completely stopped working in BBMe and Textra. She can only type in email messages.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-19 06:04 PM
49 12