What monthly security patch are Bell users in Canada currently on? I've been stuck on July ever since the Oreo update.
    10-23-18 06:43 PM
    Seems like every Motion in Canada is on the rather buggy first Oreo update. I don't know if it BlackBerry or BBMobile that is responsible for updates, but they are losing my loyalty with there neglect.
    10-23-18 06:52 PM
    Seems like every Motion in Canada is on the rather buggy first Oreo update. I don't know if it BlackBerry or BBMobile that is responsible for updates, but they are losing my loyalty with there neglect.
    NA update has to pass through PTCRB certification first. Nothing approved yet.
    10-23-18 06:53 PM
    What monthly security patch are Bell users in Canada currently on? I've been stuck on July ever since the Oreo update.
    Telus here, stuck on July also so you're definitely not alone.
    10-23-18 07:34 PM
    They lost my loyalty back in 2012 and nearly a year with the Motion has done nothing to regain any of that. In general, seeing too much of the "same old" still exists even though there are new operators (BBMo/TCL).

Wonder if "communication" is even in their vocabulary since this aspect appears to be literally non-existent.
    10-23-18 08:29 PM
    It's frustrating for sure, but I still wouldn't trade it in for any of the KEY series. It really is my favourite BlackBerry ever. Pearl , Curve, Torch, Z10, Q10, Classic and Priv are all of the models I've carried in my holster, never mind my PlayBooks.
    cb900f2 likes this.
    10-23-18 10:24 PM
    I'm also stuck on July 1/18 after the Oreo update, I'm on Rogers carrier.
    10-26-18 08:52 AM
    I'm also stuck on July 1/18 after the Oreo update, I'm on Rogers carrier.
    As Conite keeps noting on all the threads that bring this up, no North American device will receive newer build ota until it passes through PTCRB certification. Yes this sucks, and no we don't know why the holdup.
    If you're in a rush, I believe autoloaders are available for October patch level.
    10-26-18 09:23 AM
    As Conite keeps noting on all the threads that bring this up, no North American device will receive newer build ota until it passes through PTCRB certification. Yes this sucks, and no we don't know why the holdup.
    If you're in a rush, I believe autoloaders are available for October patch level.
    I'm not in a hurry.
    10-26-18 02:00 PM
    And Conite can keep on noting as BBMo's failure to communicate with its users will continue to generate similar questions/comments.

As a consumer and BB user myself, it goes far beyond being in a "rush" as the picture is much bigger. This is just one aspect of BBMo's doings that, IMHO, isn't helping the brand gain any traction/users.
    10-26-18 03:01 PM
    And Conite can keep on noting as BBMo's failure to communicate with its users will continue to generate similar questions/comments.

As a consumer and BB user myself, it goes far beyond being in a "rush" as the picture is much bigger. This is just one aspect of BBMo's doings that, IMHO, isn't helping the brand gain any traction/users.
    I will agree. Communication would be appreciated
    10-26-18 03:10 PM
    I'm not in a hurry.
    It's much easier though to blame the user as being impatient than BBMo for the delays and silence on the matter.
    DLewis13 likes this.
    10-26-18 03:11 PM
    Not sure what else you want BBMo to say on the matter other than a public 'yes we are waiting for PTCRB to approve'. Everyone has been notified over and over by the various ambassadors that BBMo has provided the update, but in NA it is delayed by PTCRB cert before it goes OTA.
    And no one blamed users for being impatient, simply stated if was in a rush, could do it manually. At least that's an option for us. I had to wait a full year between the android 7.0 oct 2017 update and the next update for Canadian Samsung xcover4 devices which finally provided them Oreo thankfully, and there as less than 0 communication even on forums if that was possible as no one one knew what was going on until suddenly it showed up.
    tmarcin likes this.
    10-27-18 01:48 PM
    Not sure what else you want BBMo to say on the matter other than a public 'yes we are waiting for PTCRB to approve'. Everyone has been notified over and over by the various ambassadors that BBMo has provided the update, but in NA it is delayed by PTCRB cert before it goes OTA.
    And no one blamed users for being impatient, simply stated if was in a rush, could do it manually. At least that's an option for us. I had to wait a full year between the android 7.0 oct 2017 update and the next update for Canadian Samsung xcover4 devices which finally provided them Oreo thankfully, and there as less than 0 communication even on forums if that was possible as no one one knew what was going on until suddenly it showed up.
    Even though it probably wouldn't change the final outcome, I think many would be surprised (including BBMo), the positive effect getting the info directly from the "horse’s mouth" would have. Rather than negative speculation as it stands now people would have a sense that BBMo is at least making an effort in keeping their users abreast of the situation(s).

Will admit I am not well versed in PTCRB end of things yet when you view the firmware list for BB Phones available today, it’s kind of scattered/inconsistent looking – which leads to – if the majority of modules were initially certified, now requiring minimal testing, then why all the hop, skip, skip, skip, and jump at times? Are they being overly hard on the BB brand or are others enduring same?

Considering BB is noted for its security (OS upgrade diff matter), it has become concerning when my Motion has fallen off the wagon after 9 months in. Whereas, our very much older devices have been ramping it up considerably in this department. Honestly, wasn’t expecting any of it yet for newer devices, and in today’s world, it should be a given they receive regular patches without months of delays - wishful thinking I know.
    Last edited by Elky64; 10-27-18 at 06:58 PM.
    10-27-18 06:41 PM
    Even though it probably wouldn't change the final outcome, I think many would be surprised (including BBMo), the positive effect getting the info directly from the "horse’s mouth" would have. Rather than negative speculation as it stands now people would have a sense that BBMo is at least making an effort in keeping their users abreast of the situation(s).

Will admit I am not well versed in PTCRB end of things yet when you view the firmware list for BB Phones available today, it’s kind of scattered/inconsistent looking – which leads to – if the majority of modules were initially certified, now requiring minimal testing, then why all the hop, skip, skip, skip, and jump at times? Are they being overly hard on the BB brand or are others enduring same?

Considering BB is noted for its security (OS upgrade diff matter), it has become concerning when my Motion has fallen off the wagon after 9 months in. Whereas, our very much older devices have been ramping it up considerably in this department. Honestly, wasn’t expecting any of it yet for newer devices, and in today’s world, it should be a given they receive regular patches without months of delays - wishful thinking I know.
    Problem is that communication will just generate more questions and phone calls to carriers who don’t want those phone calls. Especially with factory unlocked devices. Carriers didn’t sell the factory unlocked devices and don’t want to deal with their service issues.
    Rodney Wilder likes this.
    10-27-18 10:04 PM
    I'm on ABD301 is this the most current for Blackberry Motion? on Bell Carrier?
    11-01-18 09:35 AM
    I'm on ABD301 is this the most current for Blackberry Motion? on Bell Carrier?
    Yes, but...

Good news folks.

ABI087 just got PTCRB certification for BBD100-2.

Shouldn't be long now.
    cb900f2 likes this.
    11-01-18 10:48 AM
    On Bell in Kitchener, just got ABI087 on my Motion.
    11-05-18 11:04 AM
    Got it in alberta today
    11-05-18 04:23 PM
    got it in Ontario today
    11-05-18 07:21 PM
    Nothing yet for the Nov update...
    11-21-18 02:52 PM
    Will be real curious if we make the cut this time come Nov 30th/Dec 1st... She loves me, she loves me not, she loves me...

Well got my answer. Guess it's time to pack my bags...
    Attached Thumbnails Bell updates?-1-3d_6pywcmfqosqlnf9qt8a.jpg  
    Last edited by Elky64; 12-02-18 at 03:25 PM.
    11-21-18 09:27 PM
    on AB1087 on Bell in Manitoba
    12-01-18 09:34 PM
    I've been following these "patch" updates and forum posts for the Motion on Android while saving up for an upgrade device sometime in the New year. I'm still Rocking my trusty Z30 but am in need of a new phone. I admit that some forum posts for the Motion aren't spectacular but it sounds reliable and that's what I need. Will wait to see if a Motion replacement is announced in the first quarter of 2019. Sadly, the service providers seem slop to update....

Posted via CB10
    12-04-18 12:13 PM
    I've been following these "patch" updates and forum posts for the Motion on Android while saving up for an upgrade device sometime in the New year. I'm still Rocking my trusty Z30 but am in need of a new phone. I admit that some forum posts for the Motion aren't spectacular but it sounds reliable and that's what I need. Will wait to see if a Motion replacement is announced in the first quarter of 2019. Sadly, the service providers seem slop to update....

Posted via CB10
    Are you 100% certain it's the service providers that are to blame here? Seemed to be ok a month prior to the Oreo Update (July) and since then updates/patches litterally fell off the wagon.
    12-05-18 06:06 AM
32 12