Question...outside the single LTE band difference between the BBD100-2 (#30) and BBD100-3 (#25), is there any difference between these two that would impact use on ATT or Verizon networks? Are those two bands the difference makers? I am currently on ATT, but if the CDMA version (BBD100-3) would be fully functional on the ATT network then I would clearly go with an unlocked version of it so I could switch between either service provider.
    02-04-18 12:18 PM
    The biggest issue is that the BBD100-3 doesn't yet exist. So far only the unlocked BBD100-2 is what's out; that will definitely work on AT&T, and also on Verizon provided you're always in LTE coverage and that VoLTE works, since their LTE bands (2, 4, 13) exist on both models. 29/30 is for aggregation on AT&T, while 25/26 (and 41) is for Sprint LTE.
    darawishingrad likes this.
    02-04-18 12:47 PM
    The biggest issue is that the BBD100-3 doesn't yet exist. So far only the unlocked BBD100-2 is what's out; that will definitely work on AT&T, and also on Verizon provided you're always in LTE coverage and that VoLTE works, since their LTE bands (2, 4, 13) exist on both models. 29/30 is for aggregation on AT&T, while 25/26 (and 41) is for Sprint LTE.
    Yeah, I can see that as a significant problem. LOL 100-2 it is I guess.

Also, I have searched extensively and I believe I know the likely answer, but can you confirm that the new devices likely to come out in 2018 are not premium slabs? My daughter needs a new phone and she wants my priv, so I was going to get a motion, but would hate it if a premium slab were "rumored" to be coming out this year anytime soon.
    02-05-18 05:14 PM

Also, I have searched extensively and I believe I know the likely answer, but can you confirm that the new devices likely to come out in 2018 are not premium slabs? My daughter needs a new phone and she wants my priv, so I was going to get a motion, but would hate it if a premium slab were "rumored" to be coming out this year anytime soon.
    There's not much firm info on the 2018 phones, though people are saying over in Rumored Devices that TCL stated during CES that both phones would be PKB. So, who knows.
    02-05-18 05:38 PM

I can't confirm, but I can be confident:

You shouldn't REALLY be surprised. They already announced two new pkb devices are coming lol. - https://crackberry.com/expect-least-...artphones-2018
    ...If you're waiting for 'high-end' though, don't count on it. The high-end road is not the path BlackBerry Mobile is on at the moment as, for the most part, that makes their push on long-lasting battery devices harder.
    02-05-18 05:42 PM
    Can you explain a little more about how it can work with Verizon? I purchased an unlocked Motion, as I had an unlocked Keyone, and it would not connect. Verizon tech support said that it won't ever work with Verizon. I would like to keep Verizon since the coverage area seems to be the best. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    02-06-18 11:58 AM
    Can you explain a little more about how it can work with Verizon? I purchased an unlocked Motion, as I had an unlocked Keyone, and it would not connect. Verizon tech support said that it won't ever work with Verizon. I would like to keep Verizon since the coverage area seems to be the best. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Something like this, although this article is two years old now: https://www.androidcentral.com/being...-android-world
    02-06-18 12:48 PM
    Thank you so much! I changed it to LTE/CDMA and the Verizon names showed up, bars showed up, my phone number showed up, but when I went to make a call I got a message that said no network available. Do you know if there is another step I’m missing? Thanks for your help!
    02-06-18 10:45 PM