Looking to replace our household z30 and z10’s. Want a phone where the hub, vkb, and calendar work exactly the same. Is Motion that similar? Or is there a cheaper Android that is?
    I don't Want to end up with with no updates, either. In Canada.
    Thx
    12-07-18 09:29 PM
    Looking to replace our household z30 and z10’s. Want a phone where the hub, vkb, and calendar work exactly the same. Is Motion that similar? Or is there a cheaper Android that is?
    Thx
    It's close enough. I have a Motion and changed from the Z30 in December 2017.

It's a good phone. Not great. The Z30 was a great phone, but old. Too many things are out of date on it. And personally, I can't touch my spare Z10. Just too small for anything.

I use the calendar everyday. I can't remember if it's the same. I remember there were some annoying differences at first. Mainly that the phone doesn't have a local only calendar. But I use Google Calendars, and have it sync, and that's been great. Mostly because I do a lot of updates on the Google Calendar website, because it's just faster than doing it on the phone. I also use an Outlook calendar for work, and it syncs just as well. And I always keep both calendar visible at the same time.

The vkb is very close. I strangely find it slightly less accurate, even though it's bigger. I find the weight slightly odd to type though. Might be just a matter of changing your grip. The Motion has fairly slippery alum sides. Z30 has that grippy back that curved up the sides, which helped a lot.

The hub on ANY Android phone is not as good as BB10, but you have no other choice on that. BB10 was more satisfying and faster. But admitedly, I'm now actually using the literal hub section. Whereas on BB10, I always just went to each individual email's section. The Hub works fine, and I don't use any other "email apps". But it's not 1:1 with BB10.
    12-07-18 10:33 PM
    Thx
    Monthly patches started off decent but they fell off the rails in July. After Oreo update in Aug it's been "anyone's guess". Still a decent phone though w/camera being it's weakest link, at least that is how I see it... I'm in Canada w/Telus.
    12-08-18 01:20 AM
    If you're a Z10, Z30 fan, Motion is the closest Android BlackBerry to those BB10 phones. Hub has gotten better since its inception. Honestly, if you're trying to capture some semblance of BB10 on a slab style phone, what other choice do you have?
    12-08-18 03:00 PM
    I use an app called Gesture Control to get similar gesture features as in BB10. The big difference with the hub, is there is no peek function. it's either open, or it's closed.
    12-08-18 03:45 PM
    I use an app called Gesture Control to get similar gesture features as in BB10. The big difference with the hub, is there is no peek function. it's either open, or it's closed.
    Swipe to peek was a great feature of BB10.
    12-08-18 07:03 PM