Hello,
    Having Blackberry Motion cell. phone.
    I've noticed that two volume keys on the right controls only the volume of the phone ring.
    How can I configure those two volume buttons in order to control it as a global volume change for the phone ring and the volume of the media in the same time.

Example of usage:
    when I am on the youtube videos, when using the volume buttons to adjust the youtube video volume, in fact the buttons adjusting only the phone ring volume and in order to adjust the youtube video volume I need to go to sounds and adjust the media bar volume manually.

Please suggest a solution.
    Thank you!
    01-20-18 10:18 AM
    when you press the volume up or down button a volume bar appears, there you find a small downward facing arrow , touching that arrow brings down a drop menu where you can find all media volume controls..
    01-20-18 10:32 AM
    That exactly what I am speaking about.
    Imagine a scenario: -30 C outside, you need to lower your volume, or make it higher. You may just press one key - and all done. Or I need to take off my glove, to manipulate with the "small arrow, that brings down a drop menu etc..."
    Not really comfortable.
    So my question would be: how can I force those volume buttons to control globally all the volumes, including the media and the cell ring volume.
    01-20-18 10:42 AM
    Mine works as intended/expected, pressing vol up/down while watching vids controls/displays volume for said media, not the phone ringer volume. Now if I was on a call pressing volume should/does control ringer only. With out any media playing or on a call pressing volume buttons results in ringer volume being adjusted - reducing volume fully here will put ringer and media volumes into silent and/or vibrate mode (settings dependent) - increasing volume from "silent" status will increase ringer volume as per user input whilst causing media volume to return to its last known setting.

This is how the majority of all my phones have functioned. My Motion settings are at their defaults.
    Attached Thumbnails BB Motion - volume keys - control media volume also and not only phone ring volume-wp_20180120_10_19_19_pro-2-.jpg  
    Last edited by Elky64; 01-20-18 at 11:56 AM.
    01-20-18 11:37 AM
    Oh..thanks! The issue is solved.
    Apparently it was some messed up with my own settings.
    01-20-18 02:11 PM
    I have the same question as AdamQwert. Coming from the PRIV, the volume buttons controlled the global volume. Now on the Motion, it defaults to the Ringer volume. Is there a way to change the default I'm missing somewhere?
    01-22-18 12:47 PM
    I've solved my issue, but not by configuring the volume key to global volume control.
    Mine still controls separately, actually it depends on the app that I am in.
    Will appreciate it if someone will suggest a global volume configuration solution.
    01-23-18 03:54 PM
    Another desperate user in search for a global volume configuration solution here....
    11-27-18 02:39 AM
    I would like to know vice verse for this.. I want volume rocker keys only works to reduce or high of media sounds. "not the ringing sound
    Another desperate user in search for a global volume configuration solution here....
    01-15-19 04:13 AM