So my motion bricked after the update last week. Trying to do a warranty claim has been a pain. It has been a week and they still haven't shipped a phone.

I ask for some kind of status update and I get the run around sometimes they say they are out of US motions others just say idk.

Anyone have any thoughts how to speed up the process?
    12-21-18 09:27 AM
    Just to keep after them...

Did they have any options on reloading the software?
    12-21-18 10:59 AM
    They only gave me the option to exchange the phone.

I was finally told that they are out of US motions for warranty replacement since they stopped manufacturing the phone and I have to wait until after the holidays for a manager to return from vacation to determine what course of action they will take.
    12-21-18 07:04 PM
    Tech support told me that the repair center is not responding to further escalations for the Motion because they are out of units for an undisclosed period of time. They refuse to change my warranty claim from an exchange to a repair. I need to speak with someone other than the call center in Mexico because they don't care.
    12-22-18 10:54 AM
    Tech support told me that the repair center is not responding to further escalations for the Motion because they are out of units for an undisclosed period of time. They refuse to change my warranty claim from an exchange to a repair. I need to speak with someone other than the call center in Mexico because they don't care.
    Maybe they’ll send you Alcatel 3V with a $200 refund check. That’s about closest TCL manufactured device sold in USA factory unlocked.

It’s not they don’t care, they’ve explained the situation to you correctly. TCL doesn’t have any other BBMo/TCL VKB hardware to offer....

What do you expect done at this point?
    tmarcin likes this.
    12-22-18 04:23 PM
    What update bricked the phone?
    12-22-18 05:40 PM
    So my motion bricked after the update last week. Trying to do a warranty claim has been a pain. It has been a week and they still haven't shipped a phone.

I ask for some kind of status update and I get the run around sometimes they say they are out of US motions others just say idk.

Anyone have any thoughts how to speed up the process?
    Just run the Mobile Upgrade Tool on your PC.
    12-23-18 12:01 AM
    Maybe they’ll send you Alcatel 3V with a $200 refund check. That’s about closest TCL manufactured device sold in USA factory unlocked.

It’s not they don’t care, they’ve explained the situation to you correctly. TCL doesn’t have any other BBMo/TCL VKB hardware to offer....

What do you expect done at this point?
    I would frankly expect an offer to repair or replace with a Key2 or Key2 LE. They won't even accept the phone as a return for repair.
    12-23-18 11:42 AM
    Just run the Mobile Upgrade Tool on your PC.
    How would I go about that can't seem to find it. Last time I was serious about cracking phones I put BB 7.1 on my Torch 2 and put cyanogenmod on a Moto Backflip and Captivate glide.
    12-23-18 11:43 AM
    How would I go about that can't seem to find it. Last time I was serious about cracking phones I put BB 7.1 on my Torch 2 and put cyanogenmod on a Moto Backflip and Captivate glide.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-tool-1117513/
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    12-23-18 12:01 PM
    I found that. Will it work on a Motion?
    12-23-18 12:15 PM
    I found that. Will it work on a Motion?
    Yes.
    12-23-18 12:32 PM
    Do I need a ROM or anything or just run the tool?
    12-23-18 12:38 PM
    I would frankly expect an offer to repair or replace with a Key2 or Key2 LE. They won't even accept the phone as a return for repair.
    Sounds like they haven’t completely refused. Told you wait for specific manager to return from holiday vacation. Also, of course they’re not shipping any phone, even if they had any, since it sounds like phone still in your possession. This sounds like you got impatient with original answer. It’s why I don’t buy factory unlocked. Especially if you’re dealing with niche device from niche OEM for whatever reason. This isn’t limited to BBMo/TCL either. Anyone buying any small production type products take similar risks. It’s what happens when you cut out the retailer.

At least the benefit of having the phone is the fix it yourself aspect. Good luck with the Mobile Upgrade Tool.
    12-23-18 01:14 PM
    Do I need a ROM or anything or just run the tool?
    Just put the device in fastboot, and run the tool.
    12-23-18 06:16 PM
    Unfortunately, the Mobile Upgrade Tool did not rectify the issue.
    12-24-18 01:57 PM
    Unfortunately, the Mobile Upgrade Tool did not rectify the issue.
    What do you mean?
    12-28-18 04:22 PM
    What do you mean?
    I ran the tool and the phone is still stuck in a reboot loop.
    12-28-18 05:28 PM
    I ran the tool and the phone is still stuck in a reboot loop.
    Warranty / repair.
    12-31-18 01:57 PM