Ok, so the title is a bit click baity... but has anyone been underwhelmed with the battery life?

That's not to say it's bad. But not the multiple full days as many talk about. I get about a day and a half before I have to charge it. But that was what I was getting from my Z30 when I first got that phone...

The one thing I try not to do anymore is charge it over night. But by the end of the day I'm usually around 40%.

Biggest annoyance is that sometimes the charging is slow. Last night it charged for 3 hours, and charged 35%. But that just needed a reset, and then it started charging normal again.
    02-19-18 04:29 PM
    There's so much that goes into battery life (apps used, location, calls made etc) at this point anything that gets you through your day is fine. It's one the things, as a reviewer, I hate even mentioning because it's all relative to the end user.
    02-19-18 05:15 PM
    As long as it last one full day, I don't mind. I charge my phone before I go to bed anyway.
    skilas and anon(10432539) like this.
    02-19-18 05:55 PM
    I miss my Z30 but the Motion battery clearly out lasts the Z30. And, the Z30 was good.
    02-19-18 08:08 PM
    It's 5.30 pm. I've been on the go since 5 am.

Battery reads 78%.

So, no, not underwhelmed.
    02-19-18 10:22 PM
    It's 5.30 pm. I've been on the go since 5 am.

Battery reads 78%.

So, no, not underwhelmed.
    For that kind of usage, dtek50 will last you 2 days lol
    02-19-18 11:45 PM
    Not my Dtek50.
    zoomzoom71 likes this.
    02-19-18 11:56 PM
    Not overhyped for me. Most recently, had if off charger at 6:30am Saturday morning, didn't plug it in until Monday at 3am. Had 22% left. Weekend before that went 40.5 hours and I started charging it at 18% left. I've never had a phone be that good with its battery.

I really appreciate how I have total confidence the phone will get me through a real day without any worry.
    anon(10432539) likes this.
    02-20-18 12:11 AM
    The biggest drain of a modern smartphone battery will almost always be the display, if you're a medium to heavy user there isn't much that can be done about that.
    02-20-18 12:33 AM
    Not my Dtek50.
    Yes, definitely. One of the reasons for switching from DTEK50 to Motion is because my DTEK50's battery was dying and was like 1 minute = 1%. I would be lucky to get through 1 day.
    rocnrol and thesoundguy77 like this.
    02-20-18 01:45 AM
    Ok, so the title is a bit click baity... but has anyone been underwhelmed with the battery life?

That's not to say it's bad. But not the multiple full days as many talk about. I get about a day and a half before I have to charge it. But that was what I was getting from my Z30 when I first got that phone...

The one thing I try not to do anymore is charge it over night. But by the end of the day I'm usually around 40%.

Biggest annoyance is that sometimes the charging is slow. Last night it charged for 3 hours, and charged 35%. But that just needed a reset, and then it started charging normal again.
    You probably might want to check your battery stats as to what is taking up your battery
    If you are legitimately using your phone and is serving your phone more than 1 day I'd say it's good enough.
    Also comparing it to the Z30 wouldn't really be fair as I am sure you weren't having as many apps not doing as many things on it I believe.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    02-20-18 01:48 AM
    What kind of charger are you using, is there a more effective one that you could get?
    02-20-18 07:21 AM
    I often put in 12-16 hour days, between work and after work activities, and the only two phones that I've ever been able to trust getting me through a day without worry are my BB10 Passport and KEYone.

Everything else requires me to charge during the day. And if I have to charge anyway, then I'm sticking to my Z10, which is my favorite phone to use for email.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-20-18 08:56 AM
    Gsmarena battery tests show the Motion as very good but not stellar.

For example, a Samsung Galaxy C7 has a 625 chip, 5.7 inch screen and a 3300 mAH battery yet had a higher battery endurance rating than a Motion.

Obviously there must be some secret sauce being used.

In real life, the apps you have and how you use them seem to have an effect.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 02-20-18 at 09:47 AM.
    02-20-18 09:24 AM
    sometimes during the work week, and I consider my self a "heavy" user, I wonder too if battery life is good. but then when I plug it in at 10pm at night, Im still at 20-30%. thats pretty good for a device I use constantly for gps, calls, text, email, taking the odd pic, and social media.

Also, I think back to my Z10 days when I always had to change the battery at 2pm and I used it way less back then. LOLZ.

so overall, Id say my K1 is pretty damn good. your results may vary.
    02-20-18 10:53 AM
    My battery lasts me full day without bothering to keep the charger in the office or even in the car. Hassle free device .
    02-20-18 01:35 PM
    I wouldn’t say overhyped, because it’s a good battery. The problem is battery life gets inflated on here to a comical level. People in here would have you believe that it’s the greatest battery life any phone has ever gotten, which is far from the truth. In reality, TCL put a massive battery in the phone because if they didn’t, the phone wouldn’t last a day. It’s good, but by no means the best battery life out there.
    02-20-18 02:00 PM
    Most people sleep ~8 hours per 24.
    While the person sleeps the smartphone charges.
    For the typical use case the battery just needs to last > 16 hours.
    Its what folks do with the phone while they are awake that is quite variable.
    Invictus0 likes this.
    02-20-18 02:22 PM
    I have a motion and a Asus and the battery life is almost identical
    02-20-18 02:47 PM
    My silver passport would be around 2.5 days. Battery life is really more a selling gimmick now. Turn on your phone make a few calls then put it down for a few hours.......wow 3 days to go . Until you start using it again...........as they say what every floats your boat.

Woof
    02-20-18 04:33 PM
    My Motion could deliver over 10 hrs SoT... Battery life, has it been overhyped?-1519164782732.jpg
    02-20-18 04:43 PM
    Battery power that's available and not needed has zero value.

Battery power that's needed and not available has value that depends on the value of the task that can't be accomplished.

In the course of a year, the value of additional battery life is very significant for me.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-20-18 04:50 PM
    The point is that the Motion’s battery is good but not exceptional . Anecdotal evidence is not determinative but third party testing using common measures is.
    02-20-18 09:42 PM
    The point is that the Motion’s battery is good but not exceptional . Anecdotal evidence is not determinative but third party testing using common measures is.
    Truthfully it was spec reviews that were wow'd by the battery's... specs. Then, the assumptions became hyperbole. That said, the battery is fantastic. But for me it was the package. And, BTW, have not heard this mentioned, but the reception is excellent.
    02-21-18 08:00 AM
    The one thing I try not to do anymore is charge it over night.
    Why not charge it overnight, every night? Thats what the battery and charging system was designed for.
    https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/fi...-battery-life/
    Note # 3 and 4
    The charging stops when the battery is full, even if the charger is still plugged in. If the phone is on, and discharges a bit, the charger will kick back on and bring it back to full charge. But it won't just sit there and charge overnight.
    02-21-18 08:58 AM
84 123 ...