Meh.

Among those who I observe in various public places (e.g. bars, etc) the ones reaching for a charger are more-often iPhone users than Android device owners.

That's not to say there aren't plenty of both; there are.
    Maybe it's just that Apple won't stop trying to make the thinnest and lightest instead of going for acceptable longevity
    10-31-17 11:16 AM
    I don't think it's about adding more mAh's to the 3505 or the 4000, but rather they should now focus on optimizing the damn things to make each of those mAh's count, namely the Phone idle, Android OS and Android System should eat less power than they currently do. iOS for example has amazing standby time.
    That's something Google would have to do, I think the most BlackBerry can do on Android is to optimize BlackBerry Services (Hub, Launcher, etc).
    10-31-17 11:17 AM
    That's something Google would have to do, I think the most BlackBerry can do on Android is to optimize BlackBerry Services (Hub, Launcher, etc).
    You can forget it as long as you're running Android as we know it; it's awful internally and while Linux (the underlying kernel) can be quite good the reality of the codebase is what it is and cannot be fixed without breaking backward compatibility of apps.
    10-31-17 11:19 AM
    Maybe it's just that Apple won't stop trying to make the thinnest and lightest instead of going for acceptable longevity
    True that. Despite all the gushing about the X today I note that WHEN PRODDED reviewers have said (on air) that they cannot get through a day of ordinary use without a charge.

On a $1,000+ device.

Yet the fanbois will buy it. I CAN get through a day with my DTEK60 in "ordinary" use, but if I am using it heavily, yes, I'm topping it off (quickly, thankfully due to QC3) during the day.

IMHO this is the wrong trade-off (form before function) but Apple has sold a shad-ton of phones through the years without a care in the world about that, and so have a bunch of other manufacturers.
    10-31-17 11:38 AM
    True that. Despite all the gushing about the X today I note that WHEN PRODDED reviewers have said (on air) that they cannot get through a day of ordinary use without a charge.

On a $1,000+ device.

Yet the fanbois will buy it. I CAN get through a day with my DTEK60 in "ordinary" use, but if I am using it heavily, yes, I'm topping it off (quickly, thankfully due to QC3) during the day.

IMHO this is the wrong trade-off (form before function) but Apple has sold a shad-ton of phones through the years without a care in the world about that, and so have a bunch of other manufacturers.
    I agree... why limit your self to some minimum with putting a 2716mAh battery in the iPhone X. What would it have added in thickness, ounces and heat to make it 3600mAh and add a few hours to OST?

That said, Apple by far has better power usage than Android. And most everyone I know, has a small $5 or $10 power bank or two ready for those times when they need more power for their Android or iOS phones.... like when taking a trip. So not sure how much it really matters at this point.

Apple has sold a ton of phones... by focusing on what does matter to their users. In general that isn't BlackBerry fanbois....
    10-31-17 11:59 AM
    I agree... why limit your self to some minimum with putting a 2716mAh battery in the iPhone X. What would it have added in thickness, ounces and heat to make it 3600mAh and add a few hours to OST?

That said, Apple by far has better power usage than Android. And most everyone I know, has a small $5 or $10 power bank or two ready for those times when they need more power for their Android or iOS phones.... like when taking a trip. So not sure how much it really matters at this point.
    No it doesn't. Like I said, in the REAL WORLD the iPhone folks are the ones looking for a charger. And now with the "lightning" connector they need someone with an APPLE charger, or... oops! Bad cop, no donut!
    Apple has sold a ton of phones... by focusing on what does matter to their users. In general that isn't BlackBerry fanbois....
    Well, I suppose. Walled gardens and all, complete with taxes and undisclosed "special permissions" (undisclosed to you as a user!) given to certain developers that can give them ability to read the content of your *SCREEN* (Uber, specifically.)

You'd think that would be a company-ending lawsuit standing alone, but nope -- nor does it appear to bother anyone all that much.

But it is one (of many) reasons I'll never own an Apple product.
    10-31-17 12:04 PM
    No it doesn't. Like I said, in the REAL WORLD the iPhone folks are the ones looking for a charger. And now with the "lightning" connector they need someone with an APPLE charger, or... oops! Bad cop, no donut!

Well, I suppose. Walled gardens and all, complete with taxes and undisclosed "special permissions" (undisclosed to you as a user!) given to certain developers that can give them ability to read the content of your *SCREEN* (Uber, specifically.)

You'd think that would be a company-ending lawsuit standing alone, but nope -- nor does it appear to bother anyone all that much.

But it is one (of many) reasons I'll never own an Apple product.
    I'm saying iOS is better at power usage than Android. It's just that Apple is more conservative in sizing their batteries. So in the end their devices might be more prone to needing a charge while the 3000mAh Androids are still going. If you find a BB10, Android and iOS phone with the same battery size and doing the same task.... iOS is going to win. I know my Z10 vs my wife's iPhone 6 were about equal in battery size, but she'd go all day with similar usage - when on Vacation we'd have to rely on her phone. BB10 and Android compensated with bigger batteries.... But it wouldn't hurt if Apple went bigger too.

I get there are reasons not to like Apple.... sadly there are also reasons not to like Google that are just as valid. I'm using Android now, but I'm not going to rule out the use of Apple later on.
    10-31-17 01:29 PM
    Yea iOS is better optimized than android but apple a11 chip is also very energy efficient. If iphone 8 plus had 4000mah battery, I am sure it will last longer than BlackBerry motion.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-31-17 01:36 PM
    Eagerly waiting for my Black Edition. But I think it'll take a lot of time, since it's coming from China and I live in Brazil...
    you will love it ive had mine almost a week. Charging it today after 30 hours of being on I had 22% left
    10-31-17 01:55 PM
34 12