Lol
    Attached Thumbnails "Available Now in the Canada"-30014.jpg  
    Jake2826 likes this.
    01-12-18 07:17 AM
    We're that important. Not just a Canada, THE Canada!
    nucks26 likes this.
    01-12-18 09:21 AM
    Goes without saying, actually. There's ONLY ONE.

And it's FRIGGING COLD.

Did I mention that winter has been a bit harsh in spots this year?
    01-12-18 11:52 AM
    Goes without saying, actually. There's ONLY ONE.

And it's FRIGGING COLD.

Did I mention that winter has been a bit harsh in spots this year?
    Sure has! You have to embrace it!
    01-12-18 12:00 PM
    Sure has! You have to embrace it!
    I generally do - I have about 1.5 km walk to work that I do daily.
    I think my record was -52C with wind chill.

Just feeling it today because the wife was sick so I took the truck to work. Didn't dress as heavily as normal and so the block from the parking lot to work was pretty chilly, then we lost heat in the building for a bit.

But, yes, EMBRACE or DIE. That's about it.
    01-12-18 12:09 PM
    minus 52???? Where the heck do you live!!!!
    01-12-18 01:03 PM

Just feeling it today because the wife was sick so I took the truck to work. Didn't dress as heavily as normal and so the block from the parking lot to work was pretty chilly, then we lost heat in the building for a bit.

Gotta be Winnipeg, lol.
    01-12-18 01:12 PM
    Good guess. Place called Flin Flon, about 600 km north - west, right on the Manitoba / Saskatchewan border.

Pretty similar climate - despite the extra distance north we are often warmer because we don't get the same amount of wind, usually.
    01-12-18 01:29 PM
    minus 52???? Where the heck do you live!!!!
    Central Manitoba - just north of the 54th parallel, right on the Manitoba / Saskatchewan border - little town named Flin Flon.
    Home of Bobby Clarke (Philadelphia Flyers).

That's unusual, although today, with wind chill, it's about -37C.
    01-12-18 01:56 PM
    Central Manitoba - just north of the 54th parallel, right on the Manitoba / Saskatchewan border - little town named Flin Flon.
    Home of Bobby Clarke (Philadelphia Flyers).

That's unusual, although today, with wind chill, it's about -37C.
    It'll get down to 59F tonight... +59F LOL
    01-12-18 02:56 PM
    It'll get down to 59F tonight... +59F LOL
    Muffin.

How do you bear it?

I actually will put up with the cold because that makes the summers so much more wonderful. Plus which we don't get hurricanes, etc.

Mind you, the forest fires this summer sucked big time ...
    01-12-18 03:05 PM
    Muffin.

How do you bear it?

I actually will put up with the cold because that makes the summers so much more wonderful. Plus which we don't get hurricanes, etc.

Mind you, the forest fires this summer sucked big time ...
    Hurricane is basically strong noreaster, stronger wind and no snow. Afterwards we don't have to shovel any sand...plus were tuff enough. Swimming with gators and sharks ya know
    glwerry likes this.
    01-12-18 03:08 PM
    Wow I'm in Toronto and last few weeks -20+ with wind chill and thought I was gonna freeze to death. I also work for the post office so I'm outside by the way. On a side note my dtek50 shuts off after about minus 15
    01-12-18 03:23 PM
    Wow I'm in Toronto and last few weeks -20+ with wind chill and thought I was gonna freeze to death. I also work for the post office so I'm outside by the way. On a side note my dtek50 shuts off after about minus 15
    I'm an IT guy so I'm inside, at least.

My son works for a window / door installation outfit - he's had some pretty nasty days.
    The last week or so he's only worked about half the days, the other half they didn't even try.

I've lived all my life in Manitoba and Saskatchewan, so -20 is the point at which I put on my ski pants. Since I walk to work I'm moving consistently - that helps a great deal.
    Well, that and we're just TOUGHER out here!

I don't even try and use a phone outside in this weather, although my old Kobo e-reader can last about 15 minutes before the screen fades out ...
    01-12-18 03:35 PM
    Hurricane is basically strong noreaster, stronger wind and no snow. Afterwards we don't have to shovel any sand...plus were tuff enough. Swimming with gators and sharks ya know
    You sound like me describing a blizzard - "yeah, well, it was only a 2 day blizzard and I had snow tires on my truck, so it was no big deal".

I vividly remember driving to my Dad's for Christmas - we were 15 minutes ahead of where they closed the highway down - when the wind gusted up you couldn't see past the nose of the car. Just kept driving ... that's what ya do.
    01-12-18 03:37 PM
    Good guess. Place called Flin Flon, about 600 km north - west, right on the Manitoba / Saskatchewan border.

Pretty similar climate - despite the extra distance north we are often warmer because we don't get the same amount of wind, usually.
    Tried out for the Flin Flon Bombers in August of 2015! Small world.
    01-12-18 10:39 PM
    Tried out for the Flin Flon Bombers in August of 2015! Small world.
    I think we spoke on here earlier - did you stay with Smitty while trying out?
    01-12-18 10:40 PM

Nice to have a building to work in. Us Trades people work in the elements. As long as we keep ourselves in Motion we are an Unstopable Crazy Canuck....🇨🇦
    01-13-18 12:35 AM
    I think we spoke on here earlier - did you stay with Smitty while trying out?
    Yes. I recall having this conversation. There's always that chance that there are 2 different forum members from Flin Flon, lol.
    01-13-18 02:30 AM
    Yes. I recall having this conversation. There's always that chance that there are 2 different forum members from Flin Flon, lol.
    Yeah, it's SUCH a HOTBED of BlackBerry holdouts!

Actually they did sell a decent number of PRIVs here's, although the mining company went Apple for their devices a few years ago and that really hurt BlackBerry sales.
    nucks26 likes this.
    01-13-18 04:46 AM
    All this coldness talk reminds me I haven't been to "Carnaval de Québec" in years. Think I'll pass this year too.
    01-14-18 10:24 PM