Aol Mail in BlackBerry Hub not working. I've tried deleting Hub and resetting the device by all means and no luck. Is there any fix to this issue?
    Attached Thumbnails AOL mail not working-screenshot_20180321-192011.jpg  
    03-21-18 06:43 PM
    Manual set up?
    03-21-18 09:08 PM
    BlackBerry has ended all cooperation with AOL. Will never get aol e mail account in the Hub from now on. Complain!
    03-28-18 04:46 PM
    BlackBerry has ended all cooperation with AOL. Will never get aol e mail account in the Hub from now on. Complain!
    I don't think Blackberry can stop me from using email service I want. Manual setup seem to be reasonable solution if there is no automated way of setting up the account...
    03-29-18 01:46 AM
    AOL accts still working on Hub on wife's Pixel. Also on my Z30 altho' there it sometimes "loses" the password and needs to be reentered.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-18 05:48 AM
    Can't add aol account to hub even by manual set up. Says no authentication, no netwrok connection. BB published a paper saying they no longer will work with aol mail.
    03-29-18 09:42 AM
    Can't add aol account to hub even by manual set up. Says no authentication, no netwrok connection. BB published a paper saying they no longer will work with aol mail.
    Strange, AOL mail works fine on my PRIV 's hub
    03-30-18 01:30 PM
    You must change server settings for AOL. By default, BlackBerry puts "rim.mail.imap.yahoo.com" as IMAP server.

AOL Mail settings: imap.aol.com and smtp.aol.com

Now it works.
    bigjman, TommyBB and MontanaVista like this.
    03-31-18 07:49 AM
    Hi Treizerotique: can you indulge a tech-challenged retired guy and please elaborate (step-by-step) how to get aol mail back on a BB Classic. This worked fine until last week. Mail stopped working and now I can't set it up again as before. (still using a BB & AOL...wut does this say 'bout moi?). I would be most grateful for a 'by the numbers' explanation. Will pay you in star-dust?!
    thanks kindly for any further help you may render! Gregg Egen in London.
    04-04-18 02:07 PM
    You must change server settings for AOL. By default, BlackBerry puts "rim.mail.imap.yahoo.com" as IMAP server.

Now it works.
    In case somebody else checks this . . .
    Last week, I started getting an error notification about every 30 minutes, sometimes more, sometimes less. Something like and authentication error and needed to re-enter my password for my AOL account. I did that a couple times, and then realized I was going to just keep getting the error. It didn't matter if I actually entered the password, or just canceled the message - the result was the same. Even though I WAS successfully sending and receiving email, I kept getting that notification.

I finally had a minute today, so I deleted my AOL account and tried to reinstall. When I entered my password at setup, I got the error OP posted. So, this is what I did to make it work:
    - update to latest Blackberry Hub app
    - 32 second power off reset
    - add AOL account:
    (Here I tried to follow the imap settings, but the port was wrong. So, I restarted again.)
    - add AOL account, and as Treiz says above, it defaults to the rim IMAP, so edit it to imap.aol.com and make sure port is 993; I didn't have to edit outgoing.

Working now.
    Arthur Shanklin likes this.
    04-09-18 05:08 PM
    also experiencing this issue which suddenly started happening a few times a day on my Keyone.
    04-18-18 02:54 PM
    Wasn't AOL the company that would send you the CD in the mail. Circa mid to late 90's?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-18 04:12 PM
    Is it still working since u did the update?
    04-19-18 12:58 PM
    That worked thank you
    04-21-18 09:02 PM
    These instructions worked perfectly. Thank you!
    04-21-18 09:02 PM
    Nevermind the prompt for a password came back again.
    04-22-18 02:25 PM
    still get notification daily to reenter password from aol due to authentication error! any idea when this will be fixed?
    04-24-18 08:09 AM

Now it works.
    This is the correct method when adding an AOL account to the Motion. I encountered the same issue when I first got my Motion. Adding an AOL account was not working. I went to manual mode and compared everything from my old DTEK60 to the Motion and saw the above. Made corrections and everything worked.

The real question should be..why do I STILL have an AOL account. I'm getting tired of hearing "wow, old school email" all the damn time!
    05-07-18 02:54 PM
    If you're still having trouble, login to your account on browser to see if you're getting a reset mail password for your account.
    05-07-18 03:23 PM
    What is the correct port # for smtp.aol.com? I understand the port # is 993 for imap.aol.com.
    05-09-18 10:37 AM
    Since u did this -is it still working?
    05-09-18 11:29 AM
    It's still not working with port # for smtp.aol.com, I tried 2 different port #'s original and one I found on a troubleshoot website. Cannot restore to the Hub/access on BlackBerry Passport. Help please, Thank You
    05-09-18 12:03 PM
    I followed all directions from Ski and Treiz, still not working on BlackBerry Passport. Any help appreciated. Tried manually multiple times & shut down and restarted still no luck... thanks in advance
    05-09-18 12:52 PM
    I have a classic and was had the same issue with not sending email. Made the mistake of deleting the account and then couldn't add it.

It wouldn't add manually as an IMAP account, so I used the POP manual set up and that worked.
    Incoming mail server pop.aol.com port 995-SSL
    Outgoing mail server smtp.aol.com port 465-SSL
    05-09-18 12:57 PM
    Had the exact same issue. AOL stopped sending email today. Inbound email OK. Using a Z30. Used pop.aol.com 995-ssl and smtp.aol.com 465-ssl and AOL is up and running again. Be sure to manually enter via the POP button vs IMAP button
    gjn317 likes this.
    05-09-18 02:56 PM
48 12