Sometimes it looks like my Motion is having a seizure.

A few times now when I turn on the wifi to connect to my home system, it keeps connecting and disconnecting. Immediately. Like it's stuck in a loop.

It'll see it find my network, connect, then completely disconnect, then find the network again, start connecting, connect, then disconnect. And keeps going.

I might try to take a video later. I was about to right now, but then it eventually connected and stayed connected.

Haven't tried it anywhere else yet. Just curious if anyone else has had this happen.
    12-03-17 11:34 PM
    I'm having zero problems with WiFi connection with my Motion.
    12-04-17 02:14 AM
    No, connects fine on mine.
    12-04-17 04:27 AM
    After 3 weeks of being my daily driver no issues here either, connects and stays connected at home and work.
    12-04-17 04:41 AM
    No problems as well
    12-04-17 06:01 AM
    Ok, thanks for the update. It's connecting fine now. It's happened 3 times now. Maybe it's just my wifi, though it's never happened with any other device.
    12-04-17 08:54 AM
    I've had my Motion since Xmas and have found that the WiFi connection seems to drop out intermittently, e.g if I do an internet search, it will often pause, report that there is no internet connection - both wifi and cell signal indicators stay "lit" - and after a second, connects again and continues. No other devices have this problem and my WiFi and modem connections have been rock solid. It has also happened with this device on other wifi networks. No idea why this happens or where to start troubleshooting
    01-14-18 06:04 AM
    Are you using VPN by any chance?? I've noticed similar problems with other Android devices similar to what you described... I believe the issue is more related to the OS more than device itself...
    01-14-18 06:18 AM
    No, no VPN involved. The dropout is for a few seconds only, then resumes - it usually kicks in just as I try to perform a search.
    01-14-18 08:03 AM
    You could also check power management on the router itself and have a quick look at the Wi-Fi settings on your device: settings/wi-fi/hit the cog on the top and check if you have "keep wi-fi on during sleep" to always...
    01-14-18 11:42 AM
    My motion has done this. it would not connect and stay connected. If I instead try to connect to neighbours wifi, it tries, then connects to mine automatically.
    01-14-18 03:45 PM
    Thanks for the thought, but it isn't a setting on my router as I've gone through that with a fine tooth comb, and I'm confident in excluding this as the cause because no other wireless devices have this issue. The issue occurs when I am already actively using the phone, so it's not coming out of "sleep" mode, and I have had the "keep wi-fi on during sleep" set to always from first use.

Additional info - there are two other Motion users in the house, and neither of them have experienced this issue either - I haven't gone through their device settings in detail because that would take me quite a while but it looks more like this issue is confined to my device among the three, at least as far as I can tell. When I get a chance, I will try to do a detailed comparison of settings between devices
    01-14-18 06:43 PM
    Well, I'd go for Hard Reset and if the issue persists possible replacement. Sounds like there something not right...
    01-14-18 11:59 PM
    Further info.... I have two wireless routers (larger house) set to one SSID for 5Ghz and one for 2.4Ghz. I wondered whether the Motion was trying to connect to the 2.4 and that was throwing it out of whack, so I entered the password and connected to the 2.4Ghz network. The Motion then kept preferring that network so I "forgot" the 2.4GHz connection and it seems to have been more stable - the only issue I noted was when connected to a weather app, it persistently said it couldn't update the weather due to no internet connection, yet the indicator showed traffic on the wireless connection and a different weather app had no issues, yet the error was still there when I went back to that app (could have just been that app or website? - it was the BOM app for Sydney NSW). I'll update if I notice anything further worth reporting.
    01-19-18 05:34 PM
    Forget everything above, the problem has just re-occurred and is driving me nuts. NO joy using either 2.4 or 5GHz bands, disabling WiFi and using mobile network works, but that just confirms it's a WiFi issue. I tried running a logging program in the background, it showed solid signal at all times the problem was occurring. I tried clearing the Chrome cache, uninstalling and re-installing the Google app, no joy. The WiFi "wedge" is lit sold with the two arrows showing data exchange during the problem.
    It was fine earlier this evening, now for the last few hours any attempt at searching results in the phone thinking for a second or two, the blue bar stalls then I get the "Offline" error almost immediately followed by the notification telling me the search results are ready.
    01-22-18 05:31 AM
    Forget everything above, the problem has just re-occurred and is driving me nuts. NO joy using either 2.4 or 5GHz bands, disabling WiFi and using mobile network works, but that just confirms it's a WiFi issue. I tried running a logging program in the background, it showed solid signal at all times the problem was occurring. I tried clearing the Chrome cache, uninstalling and re-installing the Google app, no joy. The WiFi "wedge" is lit sold with the two arrows showing data exchange during the problem.
    It was fine earlier this evening, now for the last few hours any attempt at searching results in the phone thinking for a second or two, the blue bar stalls then I get the "Offline" error almost immediately followed by the notification telling me the search results are ready.
    I had a similar issue on WiFi recently. My device would see both my 2.4 and 5 WiFi signals. It would connect and disconnect. In the past, when this happened a couple times in last year or so, I reset my router with typical one minute unplug. This last time, after reset, problem still continued. I called ISP and they did a setting change of something, reset my router with some remote technique, and that fixed the problem.
    01-22-18 05:49 AM
    Mine still does this, but only on my home wifi. so what I do is:
    I turn on Motion wifi at home
    it starts connecting and disconnecting
    I press the lock button on the Motion.
    screen turns off. I wait a couple minutes.
    I open up the phone again, it's all connected with no issues.
    weird.
    01-22-18 08:16 AM
    I have both 2.4 & 5 Ghz SSID on my router. I typically only connect to the 2.4Ghz as, while slower, I find it gives better coverage throughout the house which is built solidly (like a Faraday cage sometimes). I have set the Motion to "forget" the 5G SSID so it does not keep trying to "log on" to the strongest signal.
    01-22-18 11:44 AM
    THat's worth trying, i.e. prefer 2.4Ghz in case it's trying to connect to that instead of the 5.... I'll give that a go later in the week and see what happens.
    01-23-18 06:24 AM
    2.4 has amazing range. Can get the 2.4 signal at the bottom of my property while in barns -- nothing else reaches.
    01-23-18 10:05 AM
    I've saved connection details to both the 2.4 and the 5Ghz networks. As soon as I did that the problem stopped. I ":forgot" the 2.4ghz connection and the problem started again. REenetered the 2.4Ghz connection, problem stopped. While connected to the 2.4Ghz connection, I switch to the 5Ghz connection, problem hasn't started up again, but I note that after some time the connection switches back to0 the 2.4Ghz connection. It seems as if the problem is caused by the phone trying to connect to a stronger signal, as noted earlier.
    01-25-18 05:54 AM
    I've saved connection details to both the 2.4 and the 5Ghz networks. As soon as I did that the problem stopped. I ":forgot" the 2.4ghz connection and the problem started again. REenetered the 2.4Ghz connection, problem stopped. While connected to the 2.4Ghz connection, I switch to the 5Ghz connection, problem hasn't started up again, but I note that after some time the connection switches back to0 the 2.4Ghz connection. It seems as if the problem is caused by the phone trying to connect to a stronger signal, as noted earlier.
    How can I switch between 2.4 and the 5 GHZ connections?
    01-30-18 04:08 AM
    It's either manually by selecting the one you want to connect to, otherwise, as long as a connection has been established to each one, the phone will automatically switch between them, choosing the one it wants (often just the 2.4Ghz, more's the pity)
    01-30-18 05:43 AM
    Some further info..... it has been happening again despite having both WiFi frequencies available to connect. It's worth noting that I had only been trying to search from the Google "widget" on the home screen. While the fault was evident, I tried searching directly from Chrome & Firefox, no problem, back to using the widget, - problem. Tried again, same result. From this it appears to be some interaction with the widget.

Can someone else who's having this problem try the same test & report their results?
    02-13-18 11:14 PM
    I've had my BlackBerry Motion BBD100-2 for 3 weeks now and have not had any WiFi issues. At home I have ATT U-Verse DSL with the ATT Dual Band Pace router .
    02-14-18 11:03 AM
27 12