Anybody notice that the Motion can scratch easy? I have had mine for a few weeks and noticed a few scratches on the screen. I'm pretty careful with it. Treat it the same as the priv, except I never had any scratches on the priv
    12-18-17 06:24 AM
    GG5 scratches REALLY easily. It's either make the glass soft and have it break easily, or make the glass hard and have it not break but scratch easily.
    12-18-17 09:57 AM
    its reality
    12-18-17 10:15 AM
    As was noted there is a trade-off between "tough" (hard to scratch) and "not brittle" (doesn't shatter) in tempered glass. You can't have both at maximum because the essence of tempering glass is that you intentionally set up stresses in the crystalline structure of the material. This makes the glass tougher BUT it also makes it more-brittle.....
    12-18-17 10:30 AM
    Kevin's review had him taking a key over it numerous times without any scratches?
    aecgda likes this.
    12-18-17 11:16 AM
    Kevin's review had him taking a key over it numerous times without any scratches?
    I can confirm that Motion gets scratches and because of the nano diamond coating ( whatever it is), the scratches are deeper and very visible. So deep that you can see the 'diamonds' through them. The key used in the review didn't seem to have any sharp edges. So yes, watch out for the scratches. Worst part is that the BB accessories or screen protector for Motion are still not available anywhere else in the world except for Canada.
    Last edited by ashish_BB; 12-18-17 at 01:22 PM.
    12-18-17 11:48 AM
    He forgot to add the disclaimer - " Gimmick Only. Don't try this on your Motion! I got mine for free! "
    12-18-17 12:49 PM
    thanks for the insight. really helpful. I live in Canada... any screen protector that you recommend?
    12-18-17 12:51 PM
    thanks for the insight. really helpful. I live in Canada... any screen protector that you recommend?
    Not sure about the screen protector. But BB has a real cool flip case with a privacy screen. That way you don't even need to use the screen since the case flap allows you to operate the phone. https://www.blackberrymobile.com/ca/...n/accessories/
    12-18-17 01:01 PM
    He forgot to add the disclaimer - " Gimmick Only. Don't try this on your Motion! I got mine for free! "
    Ahh. Maybe he got one of those "special" units like they keyone"s with no screen popout issues.
    12-18-17 01:04 PM
    Ahh. Maybe he got one of those "special" units like they keyone"s with no screen popout issues.
    Lol! Yes. After all, Crackberry is the only informative and the marketing platform that still exists to attract the BB fans and loyalists.
    12-18-17 01:09 PM
    He scratched it with keys quite vigorously. He also didn't show us the screen after he did it.
    12-18-17 02:34 PM
    Had this(https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=xaoFLuZ3) installed as soon as I picked up my Motion. Very glad I did now.
    Qorax likes this.
    12-18-17 09:03 PM
    He scratched it with keys quite vigorously. He also didn't show us the screen after he did it.
    True. But ya'll still tripping. Motion is pretty damn good at keeping away scratches.

12-19-17 05:14 PM
    Anybody notice that the Motion can scratch easy? I have had mine for a few weeks and noticed a few scratches on the screen. I'm pretty careful with it. Treat it the same as the priv, except I never had any scratches on the priv
    I call BS, Pics or it didn't happen.
    12-19-17 08:09 PM
    I call BS, Pics or it didn't happen.
    Relax.... I compared it to friends with other branded phones. They have the same thing. Appears common with newer screens. Nothing major. Just hairline. The member above provided a great response

I call you answer bs
    12-19-17 08:12 PM
    Relax.... I compared it to friends with other branded phones. They have the same thing. Appears common with newer screens. Nothing major. Just hairline. The member above provided a great response

I call you answer bs
    Ummm ok, waiting patiently for your proof. I will admit to my BS and apologize if you just provide a picture of your scratched screen. I would like to pick up a Motion so it would be helpful in my decision if you provided proof. Thanks!
    12-19-17 08:17 PM
    After a week the Motion had a small scratch on it and a lot of fingerprints. My Dtek60 has a couple of scratches and have had it since day one it came out. The Priv , Passport also have since Day one no scratches or cracks or even screen lift. Treat all my phones equally, but baby the Dtek60.
    My thoughts on this is that it really isn't a true Blackberry if they don't make the hardware and software. And glass is glass no indestructible. Maybe they should try Bullet proof glass. Does it scratch?
    12-19-17 09:20 PM
    Maybe they should try Bullet proof glass. Does it scratch?
    Why yes it does and quite easily too....
    12-20-17 08:35 AM
    GG5 scratches REALLY easily. It's either make the glass soft and have it break easily, or make the glass hard and have it not break but scratch easily.
    i think you have it backwards.. softer glass is less prone to shattering but scratches easily, and tempered glass is hardened against scratches but it is more brittle and prone to shattering.
    the brother likes this.
    12-21-17 03:07 PM
    True. But ya'll still tripping. Motion is pretty damn good at keeping away scratches.

Actually here is video proof. All kinds of scratches on my BlackBerry Motion

12-22-17 08:22 AM
    Pretty much all cell phones use either Gorilla Glass or some GG mix. I think anybody that uses their phone under extreme conditions should get heavy protection.
    12-22-17 08:44 AM
    I don't care about a phone being anti scratch, they always go into a protective case and a screen saver.

Amzer on the motion at the moment and incipio on the Keyone
    12-22-17 05:52 PM
    Pretty much all cell phones use either Gorilla Glass or some GG mix. I think anybody that uses their phone under extreme conditions should get heavy protection.
    The Motion isn't using Gorilla Glass, it's using Dragontrail.
    the brother likes this.
    12-22-17 06:40 PM
    I was being carefully and got scratches.. I just have mine for about 4days..
    12-22-17 08:09 PM
63 123