Hi all,

For those BlackBerry fans who are with Freedom Mobile, has anybody been able to get the Motion to have LTE connected??

For whatever reason it appears that BlackBerry devices, even devices such as the Motion which has Band 66, are not getting LTE service.

Devices that have the other bands that Freedom offers such as Band 4 & 7 still can't connect.

In any event I have been dealing with Freedom with this issue and almost gave up, I finally ended up emailing the top executive at Freedom who promptly called me back and seems a little surprised at the situation. By all accounts devices with the proper bands including band 66 should work but appear to not.

Does anybody who has a BlackBerry Motion have the ability to connect to LTE? What about a Keyone or other BlackBerry devices? I am working closely with this executive and any assistance would be helpful for myself and for all BlackBerry fans on Freedom Mobile.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-07-18 08:31 PM
    Freedom is full of trickery and inconsistency. Try the stuff here. It's for KEYone but it applies for Motion as well even though it says it's only for band 4 areas. - https://www.aboyandhisblog.ca/get-lt...reedom-mobile/
    03-07-18 11:40 PM
    You should follow up with some of the posters in this thread, they should be able to provide more info. IIRC from user reports it was impacting all BlackBerry devices on Freedom.

https://forums.crackberry.com/wind-m...t-all-1130450/

It's great to hear that an executive is trying to help with this issue.
    03-07-18 11:45 PM
    I've got LTE working on my Motion BBD100-2, works on all Canadian bands.. It even worked in areas with B4 coverage back when I was still using my Priv, but on the Priv, you had to go into the hidden engineering screen to get the phone to prefer LTE otherwise it would only go to LTE when the 3G/4G signal was bad.. On the Motion, it just works.. I have an old grandfathered account/plan (the old unlimited everything including US unlimited voice/text/data) and an old SIM card to boot.. Freedom's LTE network is a big improvement over their old 3G/4G network, which still to this day is unusable at certain times of the day and in certain areas even though you had 5 bars of signal; the LTE network by comparison, though not the fastest in the country, is at least consistently usable..

Hi all,

For those BlackBerry fans who are with Freedom Mobile, has anybody been able to get the Motion to have LTE connected??

For whatever reason it appears that BlackBerry devices, even devices such as the Motion which has Band 66, are not getting LTE service.

Devices that have the other bands that Freedom offers such as Band 4 & 7 still can't connect.

In any event I have been dealing with Freedom with this issue and almost gave up, I finally ended up emailing the top executive at Freedom who promptly called me back and seems a little surprised at the situation. By all accounts devices with the proper bands including band 66 should work but appear to not.

Does anybody who has a BlackBerry Motion have the ability to connect to LTE? What about a Keyone or other BlackBerry devices? I am working closely with this executive and any assistance would be helpful for myself and for all BlackBerry fans on Freedom Mobile.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-11-18 01:47 AM
    I've got LTE working on my Motion BBD100-2, works on all Canadian bands.. It even worked in areas with B4 coverage back when I was still using my Priv, but on the Priv, you had to go into the hidden engineering screen to get the phone to prefer LTE otherwise it would only go to LTE when the 3G/4G signal was bad.. On the Motion, it just works.. I have an old grandfathered account/plan (the old unlimited everything including US unlimited voice/text/data) and an old SIM card to boot.. Freedom's LTE network is a big improvement over their old 3G/4G network, which still to this day is unusable at certain times of the day and in certain areas even though you had 5 bars of signal; the LTE network by comparison, though not the fastest in the country, is at least consistently usable..

Thank you so much for your great post as this really helps me a lot.

I am still on BlackBerry 10, an SE Passport. I had to change my plan a few times to LTE but I can never get LTE even though the Passport has it for 4 and 7 I believe. In any event I have tried everything and some of the other BlackBerry fans on this forum who are on Freedom have issues. Even the Keyone does and the issue I have is nobody at Freedom knows! I have been given every single story known to man about why I can't get LTE, for me it's not a big deal because I have good coverage and the speeds are fine for what I use it for, web browsing and messaging and email. Nothing wild on my end.

What I wanted to get an answer is the future BlackBerry Mobile devices coming. I want the ability to buy them in the future and have their band 66 work on Freedom LTE. I don't go through phones very often so I don't want to buy a phone in early 2019 when they both might be out and still be stuck on 3 G network, I want to get with the rest of the world!

I am glad that the Motion which has Band 66 appears to work like a charm, that's what I wanted to hear!

Thanks for your post, really helpful!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-18 03:00 AM
    I'm having a hard time setting this up on a blackberry motion. I tried the link above but it doesn't work. all I get right now is 3g
    06-05-18 09:05 PM