After exiting a call and on my way to close the app, it seems like my thumb activates a call from whichever contact I happen to glide over as I head towards the "X" ...does this happen to anyone else? Is there such a thing as a proximity sensor and can it be adjusted?
    12-14-17 05:54 PM
    After exiting a call and on my way to close the app, it seems like my thumb activates a call from whichever contact I happen to glide over as I head towards the "X" ...does this happen to anyone else? Is there such a thing as a proximity sensor and can it be adjusted?
    Happens with me as well I have reduced the pointer speed to check if it solves the issue. But yes, this issue does exist on Motion.
    DD74 likes this.
    12-15-17 01:04 PM
    Happens with me as well I have reduced the pointer speed to check if it solves the issue. But yes, this issue does exist on Motion.
    Pointer?
    12-15-17 01:41 PM
    Pointer?
    You will find it under 'Alternative Input Methods' under 'Language & Inputs' in settings. It seems to have solved the issue as of now. I will still observe if it occurs again.
    Attached Thumbnails Any trouble with phone App?-21694.jpg  
    DD74 likes this.
    12-15-17 02:02 PM
    How is it behaving now? Mine got fixed with the Pointer Speed adjustment. Now no more accidental calls while scrolling through the recent calls list.
    12-16-17 11:13 AM
    Sorry. Duplicate post
    12-16-17 01:55 PM
    Hmmmm. I wonder if it would help the problem I'm having on my Dtek60. The apps on my homepage open too easily. When I pick up the phone or put it in my pocket, very often an app that is near the edge of the screen will open. Usually the Weather or contacts. I will try it.
    I hope the Motion comes to the US some day!

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    12-16-17 01:56 PM
    I had problem calling by mistake some friends.. so i installed Drup caller. You have to swipe to call so now i won't call by mistake. maybe you can try this app or another like this.
    12-17-17 08:40 AM
    I hate the default Android app dialer so much. But haven't found a good alternative app that is just a dialer. I wish BlackBerry would make one like the one on BB10. I love how it would easily take you to the Remember app to take notes.
    DD74 likes this.
    12-17-17 08:56 AM
    I had problem calling by mistake some friends.. so i installed Drup caller. You have to swipe to call so now i won't call by mistake. maybe you can try this app or another like this.
    Sounds like it's worth a try. Thanks!
    12-18-17 07:05 AM
    You will find it under 'Alternative Input Methods' under 'Language & Inputs' in settings. It seems to have solved the issue as of now. I will still observe if it occurs again.
    I look forward to your follow up. I'll try it myself, thanks!
    12-18-17 07:06 AM
    Hmmmm. I wonder if it would help the problem I'm having on my Dtek60. The apps on my homepage open too easily. When I pick up the phone or put it in my pocket, very often an app that is near the edge of the screen will open. Usually the Weather or contacts. I will try it.
    I hope the Motion comes to the US some day!

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    I had the same problem with the DTEK60, it was very annoying! I was hoping the much anticipated Motion would've eliminated that
    12-18-17 07:09 AM
    I look forward to your follow up. I'll try it myself, thanks!
    The Pointer Speed adjustment worked for me. Now no more accidental calling while swiping through the call list or contacts.
    12-18-17 12:50 PM
    The Pointer Speed adjustment worked for me. Now no more accidental calling while swiping through the call list or contacts.
    How much did you turn it down?
    12-18-17 06:39 PM
    How much did you turn it down?
    Attaching the screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails Any trouble with phone App?-21694.jpg  
    12-18-17 10:27 PM
    How is it behaving now? Mine got fixed with the Pointer Speed adjustment. Now no more accidental calls while scrolling through the recent calls list.
    It's better but not quite right either... I've just reduced the pointer speed to absolute minimum too see if there's a difference
    12-26-17 11:50 PM
    Phone App is still misbehaving with total Pointer reduction... very frustrating
    12-31-17 09:55 AM
    Phone App is still misbehaving with total Pointer reduction... very frustrating
    Is the issue with Calls History Tab or in the Favorites one? The Favorites tab also shows recent contacts and has only one style of display which is large tiles. I do end up starting call by accident in the favorite section. To avoid that, I clear the recent contacts from favorites often. The call history Tab has no issue for me. Maybe you can try a third party phone app for a while and then go back to the default phone app to see if that changes anything.
    12-31-17 12:27 PM
    Is the issue with Calls History Tab or in the Favorites one? The Favorites tab also shows recent contacts and has only one style of display which is large tiles. I do end up starting call by accident in the favorite section. To avoid that, I clear the recent contacts from favorites often. The call history Tab has no issue for me. Maybe you can try a third party phone app for a while and then go back to the default phone app to see if that changes anything.
    I think that's what I'll do, this getting to be unbearable.
    12-31-17 01:16 PM