My son wanted a new phone for Xmas. His dtek 50 just wasn't cutting it anymore. He has had a 9810, Z10, Z30 and Dtek50. My daughter has had all of the above along with 9900. She went to college this fall and wanted iPhone so got her the 7. My son would have taken the Motion if it were available in the USA. Unfortunately it's not. Bought him a one plus 5. Anxiously looking forward to setting it up tomorrow morning. Leaves just the wife and I on blackberries. Keyone for me and PRIV for her. She wants another phone but only a touchscreen. I hope the Motion is soon available in USA or I'll be the only one with a Blackberry. Before anyone suggests I have a phone imported from Canada the answer is no. Needs to be available through att or Amazon US.
    12-24-17 05:02 PM
    Of course, you have to do what works for you.

If TCL refuses to release their devices in the USA, that's just lost sales.

There are a lot of good phones out there, and since Blackberry has gone android, there is really no distinction amongst them.

Just buy something you like, load the BlackBerry apps, and move on with your life.
    12-24-17 08:05 PM
    What is BB reason for not releasing the Motion in the US?
    12-24-17 10:03 PM
    What is BB reason for not releasing the Motion in the US?
    Better to ask TCL.
    12-24-17 10:40 PM
    12-25-17 10:21 AM
    hey everyone Merry Christmas 🍻🍻
    12-25-17 10:33 AM
    That's great. However I'm not about to lay down more money for this phone then what the keyone is worth. I believe this phone should be $399 tops.
    12-25-17 10:48 AM
    Should have the 100-2 for USA.
    12-25-17 10:57 AM
    Wrong model. No VoLTE or WiFi calling on T-Mobile, for openers, which makes it a non-starter for a lot of people.

Oh, and no US warranty, and more than $50 overpriced too.

No thanks.
    12-25-17 11:51 AM
    That's great. However I'm not about to lay down more money for this phone then what the keyone is worth. I believe this phone should be $399 tops.
    It should be about $450-500 USD when it's available. If you're in the US, wait for the BBD100-2 on Amazon
    12-25-17 07:01 PM
    My son wanted a new phone for Xmas. His dtek 50 just wasn't cutting it anymore. He has had a 9810, Z10, Z30 and Dtek50. My daughter has had all of the above along with 9900. She went to college this fall and wanted iPhone so got her the 7. My son would have taken the Motion if it were available in the USA. Unfortunately it's not. Bought him a one plus 5. Anxiously looking forward to setting it up tomorrow morning. Leaves just the wife and I on blackberries. Keyone for me and PRIV for her. She wants another phone but only a touchscreen. I hope the Motion is soon available in USA or I'll be the only one with a Blackberry. Before anyone suggests I have a phone imported from Canada the answer is no. Needs to be available through att or Amazon US.
    Think both will be happy....
    12-26-17 08:02 AM
    Son's Dtek50 ended up at the bottom of a river. I gave him the option to look at other devices but he was adamant about the Motion. Bought him one from Ebay, unlocked International version, for Christmas (same as my BlackBerry Ltd Black Edition KEYone) . He is loving it. the phone is gorgeous, has a premium feel, nice screen, easy to type on and amazing battery life. Worth the $ since he got what he wanted.
    ShalokShalom and bakron1 like this.
    12-26-17 12:33 PM
    In the end you have to do what’s best for your needs and if the model your looking for is not available, then you have to get what Best fits your needs.

Even if it means brand loyalty. Just the way it is at the present time. I am also waiting for the BB Motion BB100-1 unlocked model to land in the USA.
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    12-26-17 05:16 PM
    OP, the Motion will run circles around that iPhone X in terms of battery life, it can probably get almost 3 times what the X can do, with the same usage
    12-27-17 05:15 AM
    OP, the Motion will run circles around that iPhone X in terms of battery life, it can probably get almost 3 times what the X can do, with the same usage
    I don't doubt it. Try telling a college freshman to hang on to her release day priv in hopes that the motion is sold in the USA. Try telling that to a high school freshman who's dtek 50 has run out of internal memory. By the way, he loves his one plus 5. Now I have to keep the wife at bay in hopes the motion comes out soon. If not, she'll be done with her overheating priv soon and probably going the ifruit route leaving me with the only BlackBerry in the house. Oh well.
    12-27-17 07:33 AM
    I don't doubt it. Try telling a college freshman to hang on to her release day priv in hopes that the motion is sold in the USA. Try telling that to a high school freshman who's dtek 50 has run out of internal memory. By the way, he loves his one plus 5. Now I have to keep the wife at bay in hopes the motion comes out soon. If not, she'll be done with her overheating priv soon and probably going the ifruit route leaving me with the only BlackBerry in the house. Oh well.
    I was the one to push my wife into getting the Priv. It is the only phone I had her get on my recommendation that I totally regret.
    If I could I would buy her the Motion if it was available in the USA (preferred unlocked but working on ATT).
    12-27-17 07:57 AM
    There's always the KEYone black edition...
    12-27-17 07:59 AM
    I'm the only one that has blackberry at my house. I'm also the only one on android. The wife and child both have apple products. I'm fine with it.

They always like to talk about facetime but they have Duo also. Not missing a beat as far as I'm concerned.
    phuoc likes this.
    12-27-17 09:37 AM
    I'm the only one that has blackberry at my house. I'm also the only one on android. The wife and child both have apple products. I'm fine with it.

They always like to talk about facetime but they have Duo also. Not missing a beat as far as I'm concerned.
    I had gotten one daughter on BlackBerry.... but in the end that was a mistake, as the ecosystem never developed as promised. And all the patching and sideloading was OK for me, but she was always getting into trouble and complaining. At this point I'm the only one on Android now....
    phuoc likes this.
    12-28-17 10:44 AM
    So many stories like yours... And sadly BB is vanishing in the process... Here it used to be 9 people using BBs three years ago just on my family, thanks to BBM mostly. Now we have 9 iPhones, thanks to iMessage. I'm the only one which still owns a K1, but that isn't my primary device, well far from it indeed...
    phuoc likes this.
    12-28-17 11:13 AM
    I had gotten one daughter on BlackBerry.... but in the end that was a mistake, as the ecosystem never developed as promised. And all the patching and sideloading was OK for me, but she was always getting into trouble and complaining. At this point I'm the only one on Android now....
    At least you got a kid on blackberry. That was an accomplishment in itself lol.

I tried that and didn't stand a chance. She told me team iphone. Makes perfect sense to me honestly. Wouldn't be the "coolest" thing to have a blackberry as a teenager these days.
    phuoc likes this.
    12-28-17 11:51 AM

I tried that and didn't stand a chance. She told me team iphone. Makes perfect sense to me honestly. Wouldn't be the "coolest" thing to have a blackberry as a teenager these days.
    Also got the whole family to try BBM... when it first launched. Huge mistake. Maybe if I had waited a year for it to get better, things would have been different. Back then the split on Android/Apple was about even. At this point, with 25 Family members there are only three of us on Android (all guys).... so a cool messaging app is built in for most of them.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-28-17 12:22 PM

Like the only one in school wearing suspenders and knicker pants...
    12-28-17 03:58 PM