Hi need help... my android auto will not open on my phone after oreo update. I rebooted phone and even un-installed it. It just flickers on and then disappears.

Any suggestions?
    Thank you!
    08-26-18 06:16 PM
    I am having the same issue.. if you uninsteall AA, are you able to pair and reconnect via bluetooth to your car?
    08-26-18 06:35 PM
    Hi! It does not doing anything even after uninstall... just a black screen on my car.
    08-26-18 06:41 PM
    Sorry read that wrong.. My Bluetooth still connects no problem.
    08-26-18 07:03 PM
    I have the same problem, Android Auto goes into black screen and Bluetooth contact sync does not work. Reported the issues to BlackBerry Mobile today, they say they are aware of the issues and working on a fix. See there response below.

Mr. xxxxxxxxxxx,

Your case number ALC-xxxxxx
    Subject - Bluetooth

Thank you for choosing Blackberry, i have received an update regarding bluetooth software issues. Android auto is one of the issue that has been reported and we are currently working on a solution. In reference to bluetooth contacts sync, it is also related to the update problem and has also been reported, at this time we do not have further troubleshooting steps. We will keep you updated upon receiving further info to fix your current issues.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for your attention,

xxxx xxxxxa
    BlackBerry® Mobile Care
    08-27-18 03:58 PM
    Hey there is a work around see second page of other post "android auto not working after oreo update"

It has like 37 replies...

Go to settings / system settings / reset app permissions.

It should work then but just maybe not the phone part. When it asks you to set permission say no to phone calls.
    08-27-18 07:05 PM
    I have the K1 and tried that option with no succes. I have a ticket in with BlackBerry and I am also beta testing. hope they fix it soon
    08-27-18 10:35 PM
    I have the K1 and tried that option with no succes. I have a ticket in with BlackBerry and I am also beta testing. hope they fix it soon

I have already posted a solution.

go into "power centre"

then select "manage automatic apps"

make sure google maps, spotify, whatsapp, andriod auto, amazon music are selected if on your list.
    08-28-18 08:43 AM

go into "power centre"

make sure google maps, spotify, whatsapp, andriod auto, amazon music are selected if on your list.
    The suggested power center settings do not solve the issue for me. Also, not having phone functionality in Android Auto by disabling the phone permission is not an acceptable solution for me, either.
    08-28-18 09:05 AM

go into "power centre"

Yeah no that doesn't work either thanks however BlackBerry has told me this morning they have a fix which is coming in the September update
    08-28-18 09:37 AM
    I've decided to uninstall Android Auto until this gets fixed. Someone text me when it's done. LOL
    08-28-18 11:12 AM
    I had this problem after my oreo update. problem solved after I did a factory reset. yea a bit of a bother but it fixed the problem.
    08-28-18 12:13 PM
    confirmed today by BlackBerry beta test team that there is a fix and it will be rolled out with September update.
    08-28-18 06:41 PM
    confirmed today by BlackBerry beta test team that there is a fix and it will be rolled out with September update.
    now the question is when will the update come out, mid-september?

Still it is frustrating that when I contact BlackBerry Mobile about it they said it is out of their hands as it is a 3rd party app and not their problem basically. Their only solution was the factory reset, which I finally did, as it worked for other users.
    08-29-18 09:48 AM
    I finally went through the dreaded factory reset, and it resolves all issues related to Ford Sync3 - both Android Auto and Bluetooth Contact Sync work well after the reset. Should not be necessary but at least there is a solution.
    08-29-18 09:56 AM
    am hoping it will be September but we all know about past history with updates
    08-29-18 05:26 PM
    I don't think I received the update to fix the black screen, it worked last night , but this morning it went back to the black screen.
    09-06-18 12:05 PM
    I don't think I received the update to fix the black screen, it worked last night , but this morning it went back to the black screen.

Have the same issue, what am I going to lose if I do the factory re-set?
    10-01-18 10:39 PM