11-04-18 07:26 AM
44 12
tools
    solved my android auto problem by going to settings - system - reset options - reset app preferences -
    08-24-18 09:51 PM
    solved my android auto problem by going to settings - system - reset options - reset app preferences -
    Worked for me as well, but at the time I grant android auto, the authorization to access the telephone, it starts crashing again.

Switching telephone access of and it is working again. I will test later in the car.
    08-25-18 01:58 AM
    Love the car, EX model. A friend had mentioned to me that with so much trial and error connecting to the entertainment system it might benefit to reset that system as well. It was good advice.
    08-25-18 06:10 AM
    Worked for me as well, but at the time I grant android auto, the authorization to access the telephone, it starts crashing again.

Switching telephone access of and it is working again. I will test later in the car.
    tested it - same with me. If I turn on the Phone authorization the app crashes on startup. turn it back off - works fine.

also, submitted feedback within the app about this issue
    08-25-18 09:44 AM
    tested it - same with me. If I turn on the Phone authorization the app crashes on startup. turn it back off - works fine.

also, submitted feedback within the app about this issue
    I just turned off the phone permissions and it started working too. Will have to test in the car as well.

Will add it to the ticket I have open with BlackBerry Mobile Care. Lets see if they take heed.
    08-25-18 10:34 AM
    factory reset worked for me
    08-25-18 03:47 PM
    Thanks! The other thing I noticed is that Google Play Services keeps flashing on and off (swipe down from top and look at notifications).If I disable it, it all shuts off.
    The Google play services almost looks like it's sending a 'crash report' from what i could catch... but same issue here, really frustrating.
    08-26-18 12:32 AM
    Same for me. Just a blank screen. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Android Auto app, and even the app doesn't work for me any more. I was able to give the initial permissions, but before, when I'd run the app not connected to the car I would get a car-sort of interface on the phone screen, cool if you have it in a holder or something. Now, it runs and then just shuts down.

That makes me think it's just that app or some sort of interaction and nothing with the interface to the car.

Not cool, by the way.
    for the blank screen issue try this

go into "power centre"

then select "manage automatic apps"

make sure google maps, spotify, whatsapp, andriod auto, amazon music are selected if on your list.

this means when you plug in your phone these apps will auto be ready to access in amazon auto.
    08-26-18 08:22 AM
    Went out in the car and plugged in the cable and AA started up but when I pressed the Map button, the screen was black except for the 5 navigation buttons on the bottom. No reaction after that to go from one screen to another. So, after all of that, it's still buggy. Sometimes the map does come on. So there must be some action that needs to be taken. If I find it, I'll post here to let you know.
    that is definitely the problem I had for weeks until I found the power centre solution. I believe it is simply because in the previous version of android, google maps was already loaded by default but in this version it isn't and android auto needs it already open in order to work.
    08-26-18 08:30 AM
    Eventually gave up and did the factory reset. Seems to be mostly working now. Having some issues with spotify track listing showing up on my car system, but I think that is just a misconfiguration I need to double check.
    08-26-18 12:22 PM
    for the blank screen issue try this

go into "power centre"

then select "manage automatic apps"

make sure google maps, spotify, whatsapp, andriod auto, amazon music are selected if on your list.

this means when you plug in your phone these apps will auto be ready to access in amazon auto.
    This worked for me. But, you may notice when you open the Power Centre that the permissions are already on (my case) so toggle it off and back on for them to work. Now it works for me in both Maps and Waze.
    08-27-18 08:29 AM
    Android Auto and Bluetooth Contact Sync do not worker anymore on Oreo with Ford Sync3. I reported the issues to BlackBerry Mobile today, they say they are aware of the issues and working on a fix. See there response below.

Mr. xxxxxxxxxxx,

Your case number ALC-xxxxxx
    Subject - Bluetooth

Thank you for choosing Blackberry, i have received an update regarding bluetooth software issues. Android auto is one of the issue that has been reported and we are currently working on a solution. In reference to bluetooth contacts sync, it is also related to the update problem and has also been reported, at this time we do not have further troubleshooting steps. We will keep you updated upon receiving further info to fix your current issues.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for your attention,

xxxx xxxxxa
    BlackBerry® Mobile Care
    08-27-18 04:05 PM
    you are wasting your time expecting a fix for this, it just requires a setting change as mentioned above.
    08-28-18 08:51 AM
    you are wasting your time expecting a fix for this, it just requires a setting change as mentioned above.
    But then I can not make or receive phone calls from within Android Auto, and it doesn't solve the problem with Bluetooth contacts sync either - that is not an acceptable "solution" for me.
    Len_Hoyt likes this.
    08-28-18 09:02 AM
    Manage apps fixed it for me. I have google maps, waze and spotify working perfectly and pretty snappy. Prior to this I did the reset app preferences with no luck.
    09-24-18 01:54 PM
    Well turning phone access off for Android Auto worked for now, better option for me than resetting my phone, hopefully the Sept patch from BB does fix this
    09-27-18 12:00 AM
    I have ford sync 3 and bb motion. Everything worked well until I installed android auto, which is a feature I had been looking forward to using. Aa only works if I disable the phone, which is not practical.
    However, since I installed aa, my contacts no longer will sync to ford sync3. Tried many many suggestions with no luck, including uninstalling aa.

Only way to get my contacts to sync from my phone was to export the contacts to vcf file,
    email to my Gmail account, create another user on my phone, import the vcf file into my contacts and then pair the phone with ford's sync 3. Then disable / turn off auto update contact in ford sync. Switch back to main user on the phone.
    Now, I at least have an address book uploaded on my car.
    One thing I noticed when doing this, on the new user the phone asks if I authorize sync to access my contacts. This option doesn't appear on the main user on my phone.

Hope this helps someone.
    I've wasted an awful lot of time trying to regain the use of my phone book while driving my car since I tried installing android auto.
    10-15-18 05:05 AM
    Have you found a solution yet?
    11-03-18 07:15 AM
    Android Auto app from play store was updated, now everything works for me.
    Froboy817 likes this.
    11-04-18 07:26 AM
44 12