Is there some sort of glitch with Android Auto running on the Motion after the Oreo upgrade. I cannot get android auto to setup on my motion. I have deleted and reloaded the app several times but cannot get thru the complete setup process before the app just shuts off. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    08-23-18 08:34 PM
    Is there some sort of glitch with Android Auto running on the Motion after the Oreo upgrade. I cannot get android auto to setup on my motion. I have deleted and reloaded the app several times but cannot get thru the complete setup process before the app just shuts off. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Same here. I've been on many sites to find some answers and nothing has worked. Most topics are related to Auto not connecting on the car's system. Mine connects but the screen goes black. But the app doesn't open any more on the phone. Hopefully this tread will lead to a solution. Thanks
    08-23-18 08:47 PM
    sounds like we're in the same boat. fingers crossed that someone knows how to rectify this. I will add as an afterthought that I also have a Key1 running Oreo and the Android Auto on that phone works perfectly.
    08-23-18 08:48 PM
    Me to. I just posted a new threat describing my "adventures" which included a call with BB Mobile Care which offered a factory reset as a "work around".
    08-23-18 10:36 PM
    Does anyone have AA working on Oreo 8.1?
    08-24-18 04:34 AM
    Just got my update from Bell and me too, AA will not work.. my head unit give me the same message as before, "reading USB" and then the screen goes blank... and on the phone side, when I launch AA, it appes that AA keeps on relaoding itself, as the app disappears and reloads repeat.. DAM YOU GOOGLE!!!

Like many, this is a work phone and I need GOOGLE maps .. I can get by using it just on the phone, but I love my AA!
    08-24-18 04:50 AM
    Same for me. Just a blank screen. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Android Auto app, and even the app doesn't work for me any more. I was able to give the initial permissions, but before, when I'd run the app not connected to the car I would get a car-sort of interface on the phone screen, cool if you have it in a holder or something. Now, it runs and then just shuts down.

That makes me think it's just that app or some sort of interaction and nothing with the interface to the car.

Not cool, by the way.
    08-24-18 06:03 AM
    Has anyone yet tried the factory reset?
    08-24-18 07:03 AM
    this seems to be a theme, I have exactly the same problem. Hopefully with enough complaints it will get dealt with smartly. Resetting the phone is an option but I agree not a good one.
    08-24-18 07:04 AM
    I'm doing it now, I'll let you know as soon as it's done.
    Godgass likes this.
    08-24-18 07:32 AM
    I'm doing it now, I'll let you know as soon as it's done.

Thanks! The other thing I noticed is that Google Play Services keeps flashing on and off (swipe down from top and look at notifications).If I disable it, it all shuts off.
    08-24-18 07:41 AM
    Has anyone yet tried the factory reset?
    OK, the factory reset worked for me.

Man, that's kind of a drag, though. The google back-up doesn't save quite as much stuff as you'd like it to.
    Godgass likes this.
    08-24-18 08:07 AM
    well that's a bummer having to do a factory reset but I guess if I want it to work that's what I'm gonna have to do.
    08-24-18 08:19 AM
    Ok then. Here we go! Hate doing it but if it works and I get AA back, then it'll be worth it
    08-24-18 08:24 AM
    I know. AA has been kind of flaky for me lately, so I'm holding out hope that the new setup will be more reliable. /optimist
    08-24-18 08:30 AM
    I agree Don. Sometimes I'd have to stop driving and reboot my phone for it to go back on. I was hoping that this will be fixed now.
    08-24-18 08:40 AM
    The Factory Reset worked. AA is working on my phone and in the car. It activated very quickly as well so hopefully it will have fixed the lagging and non-responsive issues before.
    08-24-18 09:11 AM
    Went out in the car and plugged in the cable and AA started up but when I pressed the Map button, the screen was black except for the 5 navigation buttons on the bottom. No reaction after that to go from one screen to another. So, after all of that, it's still buggy. Sometimes the map does come on. So there must be some action that needs to be taken. If I find it, I'll post here to let you know.
    08-24-18 01:51 PM
    08-24-18 01:52 PM
    I did the factory reset and all is good now.
    08-24-18 04:19 PM
    Going through the factory reset process.. will let ya all know the outocme.. cross your fingers for me!!!
    08-24-18 06:12 PM
    I gave in and did the factory reset. The app would then open as expected on the phone alone but when I attached the USB and started AA in the car it would connect then quit very quickly. I reset the media system on my 2018 KIA Sportage and voila, working perfectly.
    08-24-18 06:25 PM
    Factory reset did not work for me!!.. Not happy!!.. I can link to my cars bluetooth, but then if I cycle the power to the car, my motion will not relink to it automatically and I have all of the settings set for auto relink .. And once I connect the motion to the car via USB, AA will launch and it will start to crash and restart and crash and restart over and over.. it will not stop doing this even when I unplug the USB
    08-24-18 07:37 PM
    It looks like I have some Bluetooth issues.... i can pair up the phone with the car, but any times after that.. my bluetooth will not reconnect with the car... anyone else???
    08-24-18 08:31 PM
    Hey scrockwork I just bought a 2018 Sportage last week. Ex tech model. Love it. How but you?
    08-24-18 09:27 PM
44 12