It's a nice phone, most reviewer like Sony's new Xperia 1 (not sure about how they number their phones)....

But is Sony going to be around to provide updates and patches? Recent signs point to their days in smartphones as being numbered. The last quarter they reported sales of only 600K units, about 12% of their guidance. Have to see what they say at MWC....
    That's why I haven't decided.
    01-20-20 03:22 PM
    I'm looking at the TCL 10 series coming soon after my Motion.
    01-20-20 04:40 PM
    It's a nice phone, most reviewer like Sony's new Xperia 1 (not sure about how they number their phones)....

But is Sony going to be around to provide updates and patches? Recent signs point to their days in smartphones as being numbered. The last quarter they reported sales of only 600K units, about 12% of their guidance. Have to see what they say at MWC....
    Even if Sony phase out the mobile division, it is still a giant corporate and will definitely support the released devices. Moreover, they have a new device to release at MWC, so I highly rule out any hardware discontinuation anytime soon.
    01-20-20 04:52 PM
    I'm looking at the TCL 10 series coming soon after my Motion.
    Lol you're actually gonna buy a Plex?
    01-20-20 05:12 PM
    I would consider getting the 10 pro if I could get a good deal on it. I think it's a slick looking device and if they can keep the os as close to stock as possible, I might bite. Might...
    01-20-20 05:24 PM
    I would consider getting the 10 pro if I could get a good deal on it. I think it's a slick looking device and if they can keep the os as close to stock as possible, I might bite. Might...
    I would never support TCL's slabs (or anyone else's) when they gave up on the PKB's.
    01-20-20 05:29 PM
    I would never support TCL's slabs (or anyone else's) when they gave up on the PKB's.
    You bought an S10e didn’t you? Pixel 3a too?
    01-20-20 05:37 PM
    Those phones aren't made by TCL, and I think that was the point.

I kind of agree. I won't buy a TCL only phone, either.

Oh wait, I see the "or anyone else's" qualifier. Never mind.
    01-20-20 07:41 PM
    I didn't buy them brand new, therefore I didn't support the OEM.

I wouldn't buy any slab brand new because I don't see why I should support this form factor.
    01-20-20 09:06 PM
    I didn't buy them brand new, therefore I didn't support the OEM.

I wouldn't buy any slab brand new because I don't see why I should support this form factor.
    Semantics boon....

Luckily, I’m a huge fan of semantics....
    01-20-20 09:30 PM
    LOL, the Plex isn't in the 10 series!
    01-21-20 02:42 PM
    LOL, the Plex isn't in the 10 series!
    Wait, so you're telling me TCL is making another set of slabs aside from the already-too-many Plex devices?
    01-22-20 11:35 AM
    Wait, so you're telling me TCL is making another set of slabs aside from the already-too-many Plex devices?
    3 slabs. One 10 Pro, 105G and standard. All seem well spec'd and probably in the 300-400 range new. Tough market and segment with all the new devices in that range.
    01-23-20 12:17 AM
    3 slabs. One 10 Pro, 105G and standard. All seem well spec'd and probably in the 300-400 range new. Tough market and segment with all the new devices in that range.
    Ugh, more forgettable pieces of glass
    01-23-20 11:00 AM
    Ugh, more forgettable pieces of glass
    Yes I believe we are moving toward a flat panel TV like scenario. Perhaps this is the beginning of lessor prices. I am seeing all kinds of "deals" and 200+ off the top flagships from Apple, Samsung, Pixel, etc. The pace of releases is relentless and only harming the manufacturers. Apple's more affordable iPhone 11 is leading the way in sales and I suspect their upcoming newer offering will sell at even higher levels. Samsung has so dang many good devices now in the A51, A71, S10 Lite, etc that a flagship S20 is almost completely unnecessary. I'll bet anything the A51 and S10 Lite lead all sales for them in '20. UNLESS the BOGO and Trade in deals are exceptional. I got my S9 for 360 after trading in my S7. A similar deal would be the ONLY way I would consider an upgrade at this time because honestly it's completely unnecessary and I would miss my LED notifications, headjack and form factor.
    01-23-20 01:54 PM
    Hmmm, are you as sure they'll get 3 years of service like you stated about our K1's? Asking for a Freind.
    Pixel xl and galaxy s7 were released in 2016, and rock android pie. From the record, google and samsung always deliver good updates.
    01-24-20 07:47 AM
    Been looking at the Samsung S10e. Has anyone loaded the Blackberry keyboard? Does it work well with tis phone? Any other Blackberry apps recommended?
    01-25-20 04:22 PM
    I'll probably go for the Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro.
    01-25-20 04:59 PM
    Been looking at the Samsung S10e. Has anyone loaded the Blackberry keyboard? Does it work well with tis phone? Any other Blackberry apps recommended?
    I have an S10e and the BlackBerry Keyboard works very well on it, just like it would on any other Android phone.
    01-25-20 07:09 PM
    I have an S10e and the BlackBerry Keyboard works very well on it, just like it would on any other Android phone.
    How did you load the keyboard? I thought it’s bbandroid exclusive
    01-25-20 07:30 PM
    Maybe a dumb question, but given the cessation of regular updates for the Motion , do you receive regular updates from Samsung?
    01-25-20 11:25 PM
    Maybe a dumb question, but given the cessation of regular updates for the Motion , do you receive regular updates from Samsung?
    Yep, and a newer device like the S10e is gonna get them for a while.

But this phone in particular will be a downgrade from the Motion in terms of battery life.
    01-25-20 11:49 PM
    How did you load the keyboard? I thought it’s bbandroid exclusive
    You have to install Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager, then install the Keyboard app through that manager. That's the only way to get it outside of a BBAndroid phone. You have access to all the other BlackBerry apps as well, but if all you want is the vkb, that's what you need. You don't even need the Hub+ Services.

I have it on a Galaxy S9. And, I love it.
    01-26-20 08:29 AM
    I have the BlackBerry VKB on my S9 as well. Works well. Easy to add as noted prior. Samsung has stepped up their game as far as updates. The S7 series is in its 4th year of security patches. And despite many saying the S8 and Note 8 won't see Android 10 reps keep telling users they will. If Samsung does this they will be Pixel like as far as OS updates and a real bump for Samsung, their users and devices retaining higher value.

Via my White BlackBerry Passport
    01-26-20 11:34 AM
    I would get the Pixel 3a XL due to its bigger battery and great camera. You can always add the BlackBerry hub+ Cobalt app on it
    I even found the BlackBerry apps better performant on my note 9 then on my key2
    01-26-20 12:47 PM
119 ... 2345