So many of us here are so different and come from different sides. We just don’t blindly trust BB or any other corporations for that matter. Without expectations, it’s hard to be disappointed.
    elfabio80 and Mecca EL like this.
    10-31-19 06:58 AM
    But you have to admit that they are lovely together....!! Lol!! I am wondering if they share the same poster in their house of the Dear Leader Chen.....
    Ironic, since none of this has anything to do with Chen.
    10-31-19 06:58 AM
    So many of us here are so different and come from different sides. We just don’t blindly trust BB or any other corporations for that matter. Without expectations, it’s hard to be disappointed.
    Being a BlackBerry fan has certainly taught me that.
    10-31-19 10:37 AM
    But you have to admit that they are lovely together....!! Lol!! I am wondering if they share the same poster in their house of the Dear Leader Chen.....
    I can't tell if that's a racist suggestion that Chen is a Chinese agent or some kind of accusation that some of us are unthinking slaves to BlackBerry limited. Could you please clarify your meaning, or edit your post to make it clear?

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 10-31-19 at 12:17 PM.
    10-31-19 11:55 AM
    I can't tell if that's a racist suggestion that Chen is a Chinese agent or some kind of accusation that Conite and/or I are shills for BlackBerry. Could you please clarify your meaning, or edit your post to make it clear?

Dear BB10adoopter, thank for your reply. Let me first point out that my post wanted to be sarcastic, make us laugh a bit. But I see that in your case it did not work. It does not matter and I am sorry if you feel/felt offended. I apologize in that case.

I am sincerely trying to understand how you arrived to the definition of Chen as an agent. Most probably you connect the Chinese with spies. But not all the Chinese are spies, although I understood you work in IT Security and it seems you have particularly a lot of worries with privacy and security (so many of us have).
    Maybe you connect immediately the idea of Chinese in the IT to spies? The definition of Dear Leader comes from the (forced) cult of the previous Leader in NK. The people there are forced to observe like a god the authorities and specifically their president. You may find some easy reading in internet about it. But before you may again misunderstand, I do not connect you or any other member of this forum with a political idea o facts connected to politics, nor to the atrocities committed in name of some authorities/regime. When I meant the poster of the dear Leader I meant somebody here has some kind of veneration or without end veneration for Chen....

I sincerely do not care if you or Conite or anybody else here work (or do not work) for or on behalf of BB. You may even get some rewards for your commitment, so I. But at the end of the day, I do not care nor I find a base to accuse you of lack of honesty. So, if you feel accused, you are misunderstanding my words. At the end if you work or not for CB or BB it is your personal thing, that nothing has with my comment to do.

About racism.... I do not see how can it be connected my comment to racism. But for your information, no....I am not racist.

I hope I clarified your questions and you may feel something better.

Cheers!
    10-31-19 12:32 PM
    Dear BB10adoopter, thank for your reply. Let me first point out that my post wanted to be sarcastic, make us laugh a bit. But I see that in your case it did not work. It does not matter and I am sorry if you feel/felt offended. I apologize in that case.

I am sincerely trying to understand how you arrived to the definition of Chen as an agent. Most probably you connect the Chinese with spies. But not all the Chinese are spies, although I understood you work in IT Security and it seems you have particularly a lot of worries with privacy and security (so many of us have).
    Maybe you connect immediately the idea of Chinese in the IT to spies? The definition of Dear Leader comes from the (forced) cult of the previous Leader in NK. The people there are forced to observe like a god the authorities and specifically their president. You may find some easy reading in internet about it. But before you may again misunderstand, I do not connect you or any other member of this forum with a political idea o facts connected to politics, nor to the atrocities committed in name of some authorities/regime. When I meant the poster of the dear Leader I meant somebody here has some kind of veneration or without end veneration for Chen....

I sincerely do not care if you or Conite or anybody else here work (or do not work) for or on behalf of BB. You may even get some rewards for your commitment, so I. But at the end of the day, I do not care nor I find a base to accuse you of lack of honesty. So, if you feel accused, you are misunderstanding my words. At the end if you work or not for CB or BB it is your personal thing, that nothing has with my comment to do.

About racism.... I do not see how can it be connected my comment to racism. But for your information, no....I am not racist.

Cheers!
    For the record, I do not work for CB or BlackBerry or any of its licensees.

My admiration for Chen extends solely to the fact that Blackberry likely wouldn't exist today without him
    DLewis13, elfabio80 and pdr733 like this.
    10-31-19 12:43 PM
    For the record, I do not work for CB or BlackBerry or any of its licensees.

My admiration for Chen extends solely to the fact that Blackberry likely wouldn't exist today without him
    We know my friend.....although you did provided more support than the BB Marketing ...
    10-31-19 01:27 PM

Cheers!
    I was just trying to unpack the term you used: "Dear Leader Chen."

I'm glad to hear you didn't mean anything racist by that.

And, I am exactly like you in these forums. I get zero benefits from any company or for my business by posting here.

10-31-19 02:27 PM
    I admire Chen for saving BB and many jobs. When Chen moves the BB HQ to USA, specifically Tampa Florida area, I’ll put in my application but for now I’m not affiliated with BB, CB or TCL for that matter
    10-31-19 03:33 PM
    I was just trying to unpack the term you used: "Dear Leader Chen."

I'm glad to hear you didn't mean anything racist by that.

And, I am exactly like you in these forums. I get zero benefits from any company or for my business by posting here.

Hahaha, really! You're calling THIS statement out! Wow! Rock on my freind, rock on!
    10-31-19 11:48 PM
    Hahaha, really! You're calling THIS statement out! Wow! Rock on my freind, rock on!
    ??
    11-01-19 09:50 AM
    ??
    My thoughts exactly. There seems to be a complete breakdown in cordial discourse these days.

It seems the anonymity of the internet has removed all the normal social inhibitors.
    11-01-19 10:55 AM
    I will wait until BlackBerry, or TCL comes out with another brick.
    11-25-19 12:42 AM
    Just ordered a Pixel 3 last week. Should deliver today. I've had, and loved, my Motion for two years. It's not cutting it anymore, though. I've needed a better camera for a long time, and the 32GB storage is not enough (I have an SD card, but can't store my apps there, so I still run out of room).

I'll put the BlackBerry Apps on it. Will be my first smartphone that's not a BlackBerry. Have had one since the Curve 8310 (and I've supported them since the RIM857 days).
    11-25-19 12:07 PM
    Just ordered a Pixel 3 last week. Should deliver today. I've had, and loved, my Motion for two years. It's not cutting it anymore, though. I've needed a better camera for a long time, and the 32GB storage is not enough (I have an SD card, but can't store my apps there, so I still run out of room).

I'll put the BlackBerry Apps on it. Will be my first smartphone that's not a BlackBerry. Have had one since the Curve 8310 (and I've supported them since the RIM857 days).
    Congrats on your Pixel 3. It's a much better phone than the Motion in every possible way except for battery life (2915mAh vs 4000mAh)
    11-25-19 03:02 PM
    Congrats on your Pixel 3. It's a much better phone than the Motion in every possible way except for battery life (2915mAh vs 4000mAh)
    Thanks. We'll see how actual battery life is. My Motion is 2 years old, and its battery life had significantly diminished...it couldn't always make it through a day.

Still setting up the Pixel (just received it this afternoon). Used Cobalt's manager to install the BlackBerry keyboard, have the other BlackBerry apps on it, so that's very nice. Transferring apps and data from Motion to Pixel 3 was a breeze.

It upgraded to Android 10. Very excited to use that and discover the new features.

I love the look of the Motion, still think it's classy and professional. I like this Pixel 3 for almost the same reason. Very understated (I have the black one). I like how slim and light the Pixel is. Same screen size in a much smaller phone. It's usable one-handed!

I will miss the LED light (sigh...really miss that). I will miss the convenience key. I miss having an SD card slot. I miss a headphone jack (argh).

I LOVE the camera on the Pixel 3. I've been needing a better camera for my art business and also wanting better pictures when I'm out and about. The difference is incredible.

I'll still be using the Motion on WiFi for a bit as I adjust. Except for the camera, it's been a fab phone for me.
    11-25-19 11:34 PM
    Thanks. We'll see how actual battery life is. My Motion is 2 years old, and its battery life had significantly diminished...it couldn't always make it through a day.

Still setting up the Pixel (just received it this afternoon). Used Cobalt's manager to install the BlackBerry keyboard, have the other BlackBerry apps on it, so that's very nice. Transferring apps and data from Motion to Pixel 3 was a breeze.

It upgraded to Android 10. Very excited to use that and discover the new features.

I love the look of the Motion, still think it's classy and professional. I like this Pixel 3 for almost the same reason. Very understated (I have the black one). I like how slim and light the Pixel is. Same screen size in a much smaller phone. It's usable one-handed!

I will miss the LED light (sigh...really miss that). I will miss the convenience key. I miss having an SD card slot. I miss a headphone jack (argh).

I LOVE the camera on the Pixel 3. I've been needing a better camera for my art business and also wanting better pictures when I'm out and about. The difference is incredible.

I'll still be using the Motion on WiFi for a bit as I adjust. Except for the camera, it's been a fab phone for me.
    You could always download the BB10 icon pack and a BB10 wallpaper and BB app suite on that Pixel 3 to get as close to the BB10 experience lol
    11-26-19 09:34 AM
    Hi
    With th BB Motion, i got Google Pixel 3, mainly for its camera
    Unfortunately BB Hub is not working!!!
    I tried everything, but still

Because the BB Hub became an essential part of our lives, i went back to th Motion as my main phone
    11-27-19 12:37 AM
    What is BB VKB?
    11-27-19 12:39 AM
    Same situation almost
    But, BB Hub is not working!
    Tried several times
    Disappointing
    Back to BB Motion
    11-27-19 12:51 AM
    Is the bb Hub working on Pixel 3?
    Mine is not
    11-27-19 12:53 AM
    It’s an acronym for: Black Berry Virtual Key Board`
    12-04-19 03:58 PM
    Could also source a S9 or S9+ for @ the same as the A70 but with better hardware. Throw the HUB and a good grippy Spigen case and your good to go. The S9 has a configurable LED, great camera. And excellent quad HD screen. If you like an all touch I would go Samsung or Pixel @ Android.
    My son is looking for a replacement for his Motion too. He got glaze into the port and we have it at the repair store right now. He is using our backup S9 and does not like it. Battery life is quite bad too. The phone is skinnier and harder for him to type on. He found a keyboard closes to BlackBerry's VKB and did install the BlackBerry launcher. Praying the Motion can be fixed.
    12-09-19 04:27 PM
    I will wait until BlackBerry, or TCL comes out with another brick.
    Needs to happen soon. My son is having a hard time looking for his next phone that is not an iPhone or a Samsung.
    12-09-19 04:29 PM
    Needs to happen soon. My son is having a hard time looking for his next phone that is not an iPhone or a Samsung.
    If he doesn't care about the keyboard, why not get a Pixel or a OnePlus ?
    12-09-19 08:08 PM
119 1234 ...