My Motion is days away from being a year old but today I think was its last day sadly. I love this phone!!!

While out for a bike ride, I had a run in with someone scrolling on their phone and walking their dog. My phone fell onto the ground and was biked over. Still works but screen cracked in several places.

If BB Mobile can't replace the screen, what phones have people move on to...this was probably my last BB.
    10-11-19 04:45 PM
    My Motion is days away from being a year old but today I think was its last day sadly. I love this phone!!!

While out for a bike ride, I had a run in with someone scrolling on their phone and walking their dog. My phone fell onto the ground and was biked over. Still works but screen cracked in several places.

If BB Mobile can't replace the screen, what phones have people move on to...this was probably my last BB.
    Something like a Nokia 7.2, Samsung A70, or Pixel 3a. You can add the BlackBerry app suite to them if you want. All are great bang for the buck, and will get support for at least 3 years.

All between $300 and $400 USD.
    Last edited by conite; 10-13-19 at 12:43 PM.
    10-11-19 05:18 PM
    I would also vote for Samsung A70. My better half already have one and it is really good. Screen is wonderful, headphone jack, 6GB of RAM, good CPU, memory card slot, dual SIM and so on. I'm waiting for my contract to end in few months and will be going for A70 myself. On top of that it is Samsung so plenty of accesories of any type which is not a bad thing...
    Elky64 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-13-19 12:38 PM
    I would also vote for Samsung A70. My better half already have one and it is really good. Screen is wonderful, headphone jack, 6GB of RAM, good CPU, memory card slot, dual SIM and so on. I'm waiting for my contract to end in few months and will be going for A70 myself. On top of that it is Samsung so plenty of accesories of any type which is not a bad thing...
    I'm not into Samsung much any more yet find the A70's price point/specs quite enticing. Its 4000 mAh battery, 128GB onboard storage, 6GB RAM, rivals many in that price range. So have to agree it'd be a good candidate for OP... Very tempted myself yet definitely don't need another phone at this time LOL.
    10-13-19 03:41 PM
    Yeah, those specs are very good. And on Amazon it's about $340 unlocked which is amazing.

Was also looking at Razer Phone 2 which is $399 on Amazon.
    Last edited by jackcarr; 10-17-19 at 05:41 AM.
    10-14-19 07:07 PM

I would get the Pixel 3a XL due to its bigger battery and great camera. You can always add the BlackBerry hub+ Cobalt app on it
    10-23-19 12:21 PM
    So is it possible to buy the Blackberry Hub+ for other android phones?
    10-23-19 06:47 PM
    So is it possible to buy the Blackberry Hub+ for other android phones?
    Yes, they sell their suite through the Google Play Store.
    10-24-19 10:28 AM
    Thanks. Looked in the Google Play store but from my Motion it didn't show a price at all. Probably because my phone is a Blackberry. Any idea as to the price? I'm happy with my motion but if something should happen just checking my options (since there seems to be no future VKB Blackberry phones happening).
    10-24-19 10:43 AM
    Thanks. Looked in the Google Play store but from my Motion it didn't show a price at all. Probably because my phone is a Blackberry. Any idea as to the price? I'm happy with my motion but if something should happen just checking my options (since there seems to be no future VKB Blackberry phones happening).
    Since the suite is included on the Motion, there is no additional cost.

For other devices, it's a subscription. You install it and have a 30 day free trial, then you get ads, or pay $1 a month.

I'd personally rather pay a flat fee of something like 30 bucks than have yet another drip-drain on my finances amongst the 20 other nickel and dime fees that are piling up the everyone does these days.
    10-24-19 11:12 AM
    I got the Pixel 3. And so far I'm very happy with it.
    I loaded up most of the Blackberry Hub+ suite. Inbox, Calendar, Contacts, etc. I pay the subscription to get rid of the ads.
    Since it's an Android phone, it handles very similarly to the Motion. It's mostly the hardware differences that will set apart your next phone and the Motion.
    The thing I notice every day is the lack of front LED notification on the Pixel 3! haha
    10-29-19 12:01 PM
    pixel 4xl or Samsung Galaxy note or s10+ ceramic
    10-29-19 03:50 PM
    Could also source a S9 or S9+ for @ the same as the A70 but with better hardware. Throw the HUB and a good grippy Spigen case and your good to go. The S9 has a configurable LED, great camera. And excellent quad HD screen. If you like an all touch I would go Samsung or Pixel @ Android.
    10-30-19 07:55 PM
    Could also source a S9 or S9+ for @ the same as the A70 but with better hardware. Throw the HUB and a good grippy Spigen case and your good to go. The S9 has a configurable LED, great camera. And excellent quad HD screen. If you like an all touch I would go Samsung or Pixel @ Android.
    Except the A70 gets another year of support, a triple camera, a much bigger screen, a much bigger battery, and more storage and ram. It also has an on-screen fingerprint sensor.

It doesn't always come down to the SoC.
    10-30-19 08:38 PM
    Something like a Nokia 7.2, Samsung A70, or Pixel 3a. You can add the BlackBerry app suite to them if you want. All are great bang for the buck, and will get support for at least 3 years.

All between $300 and $400 USD.
    Hmmm, are you as sure they'll get 3 years of service like you stated about our K1's? Asking for a Freind.
    10-30-19 08:46 PM
    Hmmm, are you as sure they'll get 3 years of service like you stated about our K1's? Asking for a Freind.
    That's what each of the manufacturers state - just as BBMo stated 2 years.
    10-30-19 08:47 PM
    That's what each of the manufacturers state - just as BBMo stated 2 years.
    Ahhh, ok! So you're not sure again! Thanks for the clarification! I'll let my Freind know!
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-30-19 08:50 PM
    Ahhh, ok! So you're not sure again! Thanks for the clarification! I'll let my Freind know!
    I'm 100% positive that's what the manufacturers promise. No idea what would qualify as "sure" to you. Android One, Samsung, and Pixels have written manufacturer commitments - just like BBMo.

If you're instead referring to Android Enterprise Recommended, I had assumed that the rules were static. However, it appears the 3 year commitment was removed. But that's between Google and its participating certified OEMs. If you want to blame that decision on me, then fine.
    10-30-19 08:57 PM
    Are you seriously trying to blame Conite for Google's lack of follow through with the Enterprise Recommended program??

Neither BlackBerry Limited, BlackBerry Mobile, Conite or anyone other than Google ever said that the KEYone would receive more than 24 months of updates.

Given what seems to be BBMo's original plan of trying to sell BlackBerry Mobile phones to producers and enterprise clients, it makes sense that their marketing department submitted the KEYone To Google for the Enterprise Recommended program, but it seems neither they nor Google took the 36 month update commitment seriously.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    10-30-19 09:20 PM
    Are you seriously trying to blame Conite for Google's lack of follow through with the Enterprise Recommended program??

Neither BlackBerry Limited, BlackBerry Mobile, Conite or anyone other than Google ever said that the KEYone would receive more than 24 months of updates.

Given what seems to be BBMo's original plan of trying to sell BlackBerry Mobile phones to producers and enterprise clients, it makes sense that their marketing department submitted the KEYone To Google for the Enterprise Recommended program, but it seems neither they nor Google took the 36 month update commitment seriously.

Ahhh, and now the gangs all here! Welcome!
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-30-19 09:22 PM
    I'm always here. What's your point?

10-30-19 09:23 PM
    I'm always here. What's your point?

Just bein friendly! Although, I wonder how many more (10, 100, 1,000 or even 10,000) units of the K1 were sold to folks like me who believed CB to be Gospel? Implausible of course!
    10-30-19 09:27 PM
    Just bein friendly! Although, I wonder how many more (10, 100, 1,000 or even 10,000) units of the K1 were sold to folks like me who believed CB to be Gospel? Implausible of course!
    I don't know. I clearly went on record in these forums before buying my KEYONE to say that unless my license or user agreement stated 36 months I would not expect it. I wasn't predicting it wouldn't happen, but I always knew that BBMo was an experiment and that the support was only guaranteed for as long as TCL saw a future in its BlackBerry-branded handsets.

10-30-19 09:34 PM
    I don't know. I clearly went on record in these forums before buying my KEYONE to say that unless my license or user agreement stated 36 months I would not expect it. I wasn't predicting it wouldn't happen, but I always knew that BBMo was an experiment and that the support was only guaranteed for as long as TCL saw a future in its BlackBerry-branded handsets.

Truth! Honour is on your side! Let the proverbial chips fall where they may!
    10-30-19 09:36 PM
    But you have to admit that they are lovely together....!! Lol!! I am wondering if they share the same poster in their house of the Dear Leader Chen.....
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    10-31-19 01:14 AM
119 123 ...