I am trying to add a custom ringtone for phone calls as well as add the "text-tight" notification for texts on my Motion. It worked on my Keyone, but am unable to locate the files on the Motion. I have saved them both in the music folder, and they show up in the list on the Keyone, but not on the Motion.

Anyone had any success.

Thanks,

Brett
    11-18-17 04:15 PM
    On the Dtek60 they have to be in the notification folder
    11-18-17 05:20 PM
    I tried putting them in both the notification and ringtone folder. They still do not show in the settings list of available tones.
    11-18-17 06:54 PM
    Settings> sound> Phone ringtone: the menu display defaults to hiding the top two options

1) None
    2) More Options

when I tap More Options it takes me to another menu screen where I am able to view all audio files on my SD card as well as on the phone storage itself.
    11-18-17 07:19 PM
    I am trying to add a custom ringtone for phone calls as well as add the "text-tight" notification for texts on my Motion. It worked on my Keyone, but am unable to locate the files on the Motion. I have saved them both in the music folder, and they show up in the list on the Keyone, but not on the Motion.

Anyone had any success.

Thanks,

Brett
    My experience is folder name is important. Name it Ringtones, and make sure it is only one folder with that name. My is located on phone (not sd card) and in root directory.
    11-18-17 07:24 PM
    Not sure what I did, but I made copies and placed in the Ringtone and notification folder(s), which is where I originally had the, but now they showed up in the ringtone/notification list.

Thanks all.
    11-18-17 10:47 PM
    Hello,

For me the led customisation not working if I set the purple or cyan colour. In any app, Hub, BBM if I setting the purple or cyan color for notification, when the message come in, the blinking led colour is only red. Not purple or cyan.
    When I setting red, white, yellow, blue, the notification colour is ok. But on purple and cyan none.

Can anyone verify please?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Last edited by seletok; 11-21-17 at 01:11 AM.
    the brother likes this.
    11-20-17 06:18 AM
    Same here.
    11-21-17 10:04 AM
    Settings> sound> Phone ringtone: the menu display defaults to hiding the top two options

1) None
    2) More Options

when I tap More Options it takes me to another menu screen where I am able to view all audio files on my SD card as well as on the phone storage itself.
    This ^
    11-22-17 01:09 AM
    this didn't work for me! my L & O theme mp3 & the "dun-dun" mp3 that I used for my ringtone & notification on my old Blackberry show up when I access audio files from the main menu but going into it though this more options they don't show up! help!
    02-04-18 07:08 AM
    Install ES file manager from the APP store and then more options will show up.
    02-04-18 07:15 AM
    well that got the ringtone changed now how do I change the notification sound? ~sigh~
    02-04-18 10:13 AM
    What App are you trying to change the notification sound in? I found for BBM that if I changed the notification sound in the message app to the one I wanted to use for BBM then that notification sound would appear in the list for BBM notification sounds but the more options does not appear.
    02-05-18 01:58 PM
    I don't use BBM - on my old phone I changed the sound for when I get a text message - can I not do that on the Motion? that L & O "dun-dun" is so cool!
    02-05-18 04:42 PM
    You need to change the notification in the message app. Open the message App, click on the 3 dots and choose settings. Click on notification sound and navigate to where your "dun-dun" sound is stored and select it.
    02-05-18 06:24 PM
    easier said than done! it doesn't want to let me choose a different file but I'll keep trying - there's an option to change the path but it's not letting me into the music folder to pick a different file
    02-05-18 06:51 PM
    I was able to get my phone ring tone, my BBM, WhatsApp and Textra notifications sounds all customized by adding mp3 files in the device's ringtone and notifications folders using the file manager that came with the motion!
    02-06-18 01:28 PM
    As usual BlackBerry loose itself in a glass of water.

Customization is the basic of a nowadays smartphone

And worse than worse older and GREAT OS 10 BlackBerry phones were allowing an effective customization

Now what BlackBerry did?

- Phones with customizations that don't work e.g. led colors
    - Customizations IMPOSSIBILE to be found, you must write on a forum to get some help
    - AND missing at all customizations

E.G. How DF I remove the F vibration AND ONLY THE vibration when a message income?
    I want all the other notifications, previews, snippets , leds BUT I DON'T want the vibration

Blackberry sunk already twice
    - first time when they didn't noticed that they made the first smartphone but new smartphones of the other brands, were changing the idea of smartphone...
    - then they sunk again when they failed totally the communication with customers , failing to make customers to correctly enjoy the utilities and user experience of OS 10 e.g. the HUB and the "shares HUB"

Now they will sink again because with Android they have made a draft of a BB

tricky so much , where the communication apps are not really integrated in the HUB

where apps made by themself DON'T work. I moved from the classic to the motion. I have used their online migration tool and now all my notes had lost the formatting no more carriage returns, I have almost 100 notes to edit in THEIR note application!!
    Hey is your note application!! Same icon on both classic and motion, so same app .. But only apparently, since you now are a bad draft of yourself.

And where are absent basic things like easy customization available in any of the cheapest android smartphone

Blackberry sinks because they have blind people at the management not capable to learn from previous mistakes they did.
    Last edited by Corsari; 02-24-18 at 01:46 AM.
    02-24-18 01:30 AM