Which should be available by May?
    02-04-19 05:56 PM
    Yup just checked again for the umpteenth time and still nada. Might as well wait for February's now... Feb's patch just started rolling out to the Pixel today so...
    Quite sad isn't it eh ,other phones are getting February and we're still stuck on November lol pathetic really
    Elky64 likes this.
    02-04-19 09:18 PM
    Quite sad isn't it eh ,other phones are getting February and we're still stuck on November lol pathetic really
    You have a hardened OS. There will always be a delay - that's just a fact.

If you would prefer quicker vanilla updates, you're welcome to it - get an Android One phone. But don't think you'll be more secure.
    skstrials likes this.
    02-04-19 09:38 PM
    Im still on December. But let's be honest. It's coming. And it's only a security patch so nothing overly excited. Take a breath and enjoy the security updates BlackBerry provides. Despite being late it's still lightyears ahead of some Android OEM's ACHUM, Samsung... ACHUM, ASUS.... ACHUM, LG.....
    moosbb likes this.
    02-04-19 11:35 PM
    Called Bell Canada last night and they claim they released ADP306 on Jan 29th... They do not know why its not being pushed down to the phone... I rebooted by holding for 35 sec, screamed at the phone, hugged the phone, and still NADA!!
    Elky64 likes this.
    02-05-19 04:51 AM

If you would prefer quicker vanilla updates, you're welcome to it - get an Android One phone. But don't think you'll be more secure.
    Always? In the beginning that definitely wasn't the case with my Motion variant receiving its updates pretty much within the month they were issued. Around the time Oreo was released (Aug) they appear to have done a complete 180. Being that this is the second instance where updates have lagged (getting to Nov's update the first) we are starting to see the red flags.
    02-05-19 05:11 AM
    Im still on December. But let's be honest. It's coming. And it's only a security patch so nothing overly excited. Take a breath and enjoy the security updates BlackBerry provides. Despite being late it's still lightyears ahead of some Android OEM's ACHUM, Samsung... ACHUM, ASUS.... ACHUM, LG.....
    It has nothing to do with being excited. When you're dealt a level of consistency in the beginning that all of a sudden takes a 180 degree turn it will generate concern for some, especially considering this is the second instance of a delay.

My 36 month old Sammy got it's January's patch, in January might I add, which kinda makes it slightly ahead of our Motion at this point I'd say.... My Motion is still on November's which came 3+ months after the one we were rockin' before it.
    Last edited by Elky64; 02-05-19 at 06:31 AM.
    02-05-19 05:22 AM
    Called Bell Canada last night and they claim they released ADP306 on Jan 29th... They do not know why its not being pushed down to the phone... I rebooted by holding for 35 sec, screamed at the phone, hugged the phone, and still NADA!!
    Yup Telus release supposedly the same date too but nada here either. Pretty sure the carrier's approve it yet gets pushed from manufacture soooooo.... could be wrong here but suspect not.
    Last edited by Elky64; 02-05-19 at 06:24 AM.
    02-05-19 05:27 AM

You just had to set him off again didn't you ? 😂
    02-05-19 07:27 AM
    Always? In the beginning that definitely wasn't the case with my Motion variant receiving its updates pretty much within the month they were issued. Around the time Oreo was released (Aug) they appear to have done a complete 180. Being that this is the second instance where updates have lagged (getting to Nov's update the first) we are starting to see the red flags.
    They have double the devices to support now. It takes resources.

The bottom line is that you're still better off with hardened BlackBerry Android even if it is a couple of patches behind - it's more resilient against those things that are being patched, and those things that have YET to be patched.
    02-05-19 07:30 AM
    Hate to see what is going to happen then if they introduce another device into the mix this year.

And it's not the point whether we ARE better off, it's the fact they've reneged on their previously stated commitments of monthly updates. Now tossed out the window because the heat in the kitchen has gotten too much for them to handle.
    02-05-19 08:02 AM
    Hate to see what is going to happen then if they introduce another device into the mix this year.

And it's not the point whether we ARE better off, it's the fact they've reneged on their previously stated commitments of monthly updates. Now tossed out the window because the heat in the kitchen has gotten too much for them to handle.
    If you think you will be better off overall with a vanilla Android solution next time, then do that instead. It is what it is.
    ptaylor10 likes this.
    02-05-19 08:12 AM
    If you think you will be better off overall with a vanilla Android solution next time, then do that instead. It is what it is.
    Sure it is what it is but "what it is" ain't good for the brand... These delayed updates are just part of the big picture adding more strikes against it. And excuses, or lack thereof, can only prevent the inevitable for so long.

So yeah, I definitely will be looking elsewhere when the time comes as I'm sure many others will be doing.
    02-05-19 11:25 AM
    Sure it is what it is but "what it is" ain't good for the brand... These delayed updates are just part of the big picture adding more strikes against it. And excuses, or lack thereof, can only prevent the inevitable for so long.

So yeah, I definitely will be looking elsewhere when the time comes as I'm sure many others will be doing.
    Just know that you wouldn't be moving for better overall security.
    02-05-19 11:42 AM
    But, newer is better, right? I NEED to get the latest patch before all the losers get it! And if I stop obsessing about the date of the latest update on my phone, or the phone ring, or the case, etc., I might have to actually do some work on this device, and that would be totally unacceptable!

Rant over.
    02-05-19 12:09 PM
    Appreciate the heads up but I think we're big enough, and fully aware, we can handle that... not big enough to stop arguing about a stupid phone and its lack of updates though LOL.

Seriously, this was just one aspect we've been keeping a vigilant on in determining if our return in 2017 differed much from what we left in 2012. Obviously going by my posts it's pretty apparent BBMo/TCL failed to impress.
    02-05-19 07:26 PM
    Appreciate the heads up but I think we're big enough, and fully aware, we can handle that... not big enough to stop arguing about a stupid phone and its lack of updates though LOL.

Seriously, this was just one aspect we've been keeping a vigilant on in determining if our return in 2017 differed much from what we left in 2012. Obviously going by my posts it's pretty apparent BBMo/TCL failed to impress.
    Are you impressed with Android in general? I think the whole fractured security and update model is a train wreck across the entire platform. I don't find TCL to be any better or worse than others on patches, but I do prefer them slightly for their implementation of the Android security model over pretty much all the other OEMs.

I haven't been impressed with an Android phone yet, if I'm honest. The KEYone is still my preference simply for the hardware shortcuts that slightly improve the horrible home screen-based navigation scheme.

For me, Android gets a C+, and BlackBerry Mobile gets a B-.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-05-19 08:18 PM
    Are you impressed with Android in general? I think the whole fractured security and update model is a train wreck across the entire platform. I don't find TCL to be any better or worse than others on patches, but I do prefer them slightly for their implementation of the Android security model over pretty much all the other OEMs.

I haven't been impressed with an Android phone yet, if I'm honest. The KEYone is still my preference simply for the hardware shortcuts that slightly improve the horrible home screen-based navigation scheme.

For me, Android gets a C+, and BlackBerry Mobile gets a B-.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I'm more than happy with Android as we've been using it on and off since late 2009.

In my case BBMo/TCL was doing a pretty good job at delivering updates in the beginning to my Motion, then without a word things took a 180. The way I look at it, if one chooses silence over an explanation as to "why" then you better be prepared for criticism. And that's exactly what they are getting from me. Besides, these delayed updates are only part of the reason why we've now come to loathe the new brand of BB... the whole LE launch is another.

We use our Motion as our daily driver and it has performed very well. Enjoy using it yet the camera is a constant reminder where they dropped the ball. The dislike started right there as that was one aspect we had hoped improved since I exited in 2012, instead they decided to "hold the butter" again as my luck would have it.

Speaking of train wrecks, try coming from Windows 10 Mobile. Now that was a train wreck LOL.
    02-05-19 09:58 PM
    I’ll jump in as the non IT guy. From BBOS to BBAndroid is a 32-36 month period of lost resources on BB10 while Android OEMs were spending their resources in the proper way. BBAndroid will always lag Android due to OS hardening. It will always lag at least one letter to wait for OS stabilization and optimization like with Oreo and going to 8.1 update instead of 8.0 initially...

Compare BBMo in 2019 with Android OEMs in 2017 regarding OS service levels and if pattern holds true, by 2020, gap should be down to one year OS level gap. Also expect better service levels on PKB devices over VKB devices. Compare DTEK to Motion as frame of reference and Motion updates are darn near impressive....
    02-05-19 11:07 PM
    Well... so much for it showing up on that website. That doesn't mean much anymore. Ha Ha!
    cb900f2 likes this.
    02-07-19 01:34 PM
    Still waiting!!!!!
    cb900f2 likes this.
    02-09-19 09:40 AM
    Still waiting!!!!!
    Yeah here too. End of Feb or beginning or March is my guess, what we'll end up with is even a bigger guess.
    cb900f2 likes this.
    02-09-19 10:08 AM
    Still waiting also....

Still waiting!!!!!
    Elky64 likes this.
    02-09-19 05:59 PM
    tick tock BBMobile
    Elky64 and cb900f2 like this.
    02-10-19 09:54 AM
    tick tock BBMobile
    There's still 324 days left...
    cb900f2 likes this.