This mid-ranged phone will not be cheap. What validates this giant price tag for mid-ranged specs.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-17 07:20 PM
    Not sure if this will actually be the price but wouldn't shock me. History has shown BlackBerry devices tend to be processed much further north than what they should be.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    10-09-17 07:23 PM
    How much are other mid-range phones selling for in Canada?
    10-09-17 07:28 PM
    Do you have a source OP?

How much are other mid-range phones selling for in Canada?
    Comparable devices like the ZenFone 3 Zoom sell for around $479 CAD
    10-09-17 08:39 PM
    My guess is $549-599 CDN.

I think it will be $449-479 USD.

OP, you're being dramatic. KEYᵒⁿᵉ launched at $729 CDN.
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-09-17 08:43 PM
    Is it confirmed to be coming to Canada or North America at all? I haven't seen anything definite yet.
    If so was there a date? Just unlocked through Amazon or Crackberry would be great.
    10-09-17 08:56 PM
    Is it confirmed to be coming to Canada or North America at all? I haven't seen anything definite yet.
    If so was there a date? Just unlocked through Amazon or Crackberry would be great.
    I have no doubt that it will get here.
    10-09-17 09:29 PM
    If they don't bring it to the US I'm going to be very annoyed, especially considering they paid to put it through FCC testing.
    10-09-17 10:12 PM
    If they don't bring it to the US I'm going to be very annoyed, especially considering they paid to put it through FCC testing.
    My thoughts exactly....plus my Z10 is on its last RAM.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-17 10:15 PM
    It's not too late yet. Still lots of Z10 and Z30 users waiting for a replacement. Many have jumped ship but not all. This device looks like an awesome replacement.

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    10-10-17 12:05 AM
    Most likely, they're negotiating terms with carriers to hopefully see it on the Big 4 in the USA and Big 3 or 4 in Canada. (I'm not sure of the Canadian players.)
    10-10-17 09:49 AM
    My guess is $549-599 CDN.

I think it will be $449-479 USD.

OP, you're being dramatic. KEYᵒⁿᵉ launched at $729 CDN.
    My guess is $599-$649 CDN
    10-10-17 02:25 PM
    Most likely, they're negotiating terms with carriers to hopefully see it on the Big 4 in the USA and Big 3 or 4 in Canada. (I'm not sure of the Canadian players.)
    Canada it is a matter of national pride... not that BlackBerry Mobile has much to do with Canada.

By the time it comes to the US... probable only going to be a big three.
    10-10-17 03:28 PM
    I'm with conite. Plus I like sound of the less expensive price. I'm buying 4. One for myself, my wife and both my kids
    10-10-17 07:53 PM
    Doesn't make sense since the DTEK60 launched at $650.
    10-10-17 08:28 PM
    The Motion is too little too late, and too expensive for its specs.
    cwalt2166 and DD74 like this.
    10-10-17 09:37 PM
    The Motion is too little too late, and too expensive for its specs.
    Too late for what?

And it's only too expensive if you don't value what it offers. You clearly don't, so be happy there are other choices out there that might be a better fit.
    A Noise Annoys likes this.
    10-10-17 09:42 PM
    As we all know from the years in the forums...ya just can't please everyone
    10-10-17 10:03 PM
    Just bought a new Moto G5S unlocked for $209 US. Pretty hard for BB Mobile to compete with devices like this. I can buy four of these devices for what a Motion would run.
    anon(8679041) and cwalt2166 like this.
    10-11-17 05:31 AM
    Just bought a new Moto G5S unlocked for $209 US. Pretty hard for BB Mobile to compete with devices like this. I can buy four of these devices for what a Motion would run.
    Good thing they're not competing with devices like that.
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-11-17 06:26 AM
    Me thinks your math be incorrect.
    10-11-17 06:58 AM
    Good thing they're not competing with devices like that.
    The only way you bought a G5s for that money is if you got the "Amazon lockscreen ad" version. Oh, and that's the de-contented one too (3Gb ram, not 4.)

It also has a camera many people complain about, a battery 30% smaller than the Motion, and no NFC, which means no touch-payments -- ever.

And of course no security enhancements.

So was it cheaper? Sure. You let Spamazon advertise to you and have all your location data, forever (gee, you sold THAT cheaply.) You got a device with a smaller battery, missing a key capability in today's marketplace (touch payments) and with no security enhancements. It also has no formal water resistance rating (it does have a "hygrophobic coating" on its board, which is good for something -- mostly condensation -- and almost-certainly will not save you if the phone gets immersed, even momentarily.

Yes, you saved money, but how much did you "save" when you gave away your data? Hmmm.... good question, but this much is certain: You haven't accounted for all the costs.

BTW, the "fully contented" version of that device is $299, which is almost 50% more than you paid -- and it still doesn't have the larger battery, OS hardening, water resistance or NFC. I looked at that device in detail as a potential alternative to the Motion, but for my money the lack of the larger battery and NFC were instant deal-breakers.
    10-11-17 07:23 AM
    This mid-ranged phone will not be cheap. What validates this giant price tag for mid-ranged specs.

Posted via CB10
    What terrible part of internet did you pull that pricing from or did you just make it up?
    10-11-17 09:29 AM
    The only way you bought a G5s for that money is if you got the "Amazon lockscreen ad" version. Oh, and that's the de-contented one too (3Gb ram, not 4.)

It also has a camera many people complain about, a battery 30% smaller than the Motion, and no NFC, which means no touch-payments -- ever.

And of course no security enhancements.

So was it cheaper? Sure. You let Spamazon advertise to you and have all your location data, forever (gee, you sold THAT cheaply.) You got a device with a smaller battery, missing a key capability in today's marketplace (touch payments) and with no security enhancements. It also has no formal water resistance rating (it does have a "hygrophobic coating" on its board, which is good for something -- mostly condensation -- and almost-certainly will not save you if the phone gets immersed, even momentarily.

Yes, you saved money, but how much did you "save" when you gave away your data? Hmmm.... good question, but this much is certain: You haven't accounted for all the costs.

BTW, the "fully contented" version of that device is $299, which is almost 50% more than you paid -- and it still doesn't have the larger battery, OS hardening, water resistance or NFC. I looked at that device in detail as a potential alternative to the Motion, but for my money the lack of the larger battery and NFC were instant deal-breakers.
    Speaking of 'Spamazon' people might be interested to know the Amazon app that comes pre-installed on the KEYone has 'Usage Access' (under Apps/Settings/Special Access) permitted by default. Needless to say, it has been disabled, even though I can't uninstall that app for some reason. Lol.
    10-11-17 10:34 AM
    Speaking of 'Spamazon' people might be interested to know the Amazon app that comes pre-installed on the KEYone has 'Usage Access' (under Apps/Settings/Special Access) permitted by default. Needless to say, it has been disabled, even though I can't uninstall that app for some reason. Lol.
    Where did you get your KEYone that Amazon came pre-installed? That sounds like a carrier device loaded with junk.
    10-11-17 10:37 AM
122 123 ...